2022 Offseason: Rookie Camp/OTAs/Mini-camp

swede700

10 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

For the grand slam moves they’ve made at QB (Favre and Rodgers), the Packers sure have sucked on most others (Brohm, Hundley, Love). 

The juries out on Love still, but yes, that is an accurate point.  They lucked out on Favre (who was a party boy in Atlanta) and Rodgers, which is generally all it takes.    They haven't drafted anyone who started for any amount of time anywhere else since Aaron Brooks in '99, so they really aren't all that different from anyone else...so it tells you how hard it is to find someone.  What I'll be looking forward to see is how those fans that have never seen anyone other than Favre or Rodgers at QB for their team their entire lifetime react when they experience what we've seen here over the last 30 years at the position. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

The jury spoke when the Packers gave Rodgers the contract. After two years, if the Packers had any belief in Love, they don’t give Rodgers that contract. 

I can see that, and I think there’s some merit to it. I can see the argument that he’s played to well to even see what Love is. 

What is undeniable is that the selection of Love was a terrible idea and they could have selected a player that could have helped put them over the top instead. A bungling of epic proportions by the Green Bay front office. 

• Like 1

[Having been] shot four times; though all were considered flesh wounds, Jalen Twyman spent the entirety of his rookie season on the Reserve/Non-Football Injury list. Having been working in the Vikings offseason program for veterans and eligible to also participate in this weekend's rookie minicamp, he was all smiles coming off the practice field Friday.

Twyman: "It's amazing. I'm just soaking it all in. Building it brick-by-brick, day-by-day, just trying to get better. I'm stronger than I've ever been. It wasn't nothing but a little knick-knack, so I'm good." 

https://www.vikings.com/news/jaylen-twyman-defensive-tackle-injury-recovery-shooting?fbclid=IwAR3u1HYWR1c2xV-oRa3rzsDNmITZvGOxlMcsbVgt--owalzhjU6X-1LmNoM

• Like 3

Isaiah Buggs is interesting they brought him in, he was good on the Steelers for a little bit and has obvious 3/4 DE experience in college.  Glad they brought him for a tryout, also cool they are giving Coney Durr a tryout as well.  He had a decent career as a Gopher, I thought maybe he would be a late 7th rounder, not a great athlete but has good anticipation and plays with good leverage for his size.  Also cool they brought in Jalen Julius for a tryout, he had big time potential on Mississippi but never really took his game to the next level, is a solid athlete for a DB though with upside.  

On 5/13/2022 at 3:12 PM, wcblack34 said:

For the grand slam moves they’ve made at QB (Favre and Rodgers), the Packers sure have sucked on most others (Brohm, Hundley, Love). 

Come again?  They had one absolute whiff (Brohm), but the jury is still out on Love.  Hundley isn't the worst QB3 to have, and he was a 5th round pick.  Getting anything more then that is unrealistic.  I'd hardly call him a whiff.  Hype for him got out of control, but hardly a bust of a pick.

37 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Come again?  They had one absolute whiff (Brohm), but the jury is still out on Love.  Hundley isn't the worst QB3 to have, and he was a 5th round pick.  Getting anything more then that is unrealistic.  I'd hardly call him a whiff.  Hype for him got out of control, but hardly a bust of a pick.

The jury has made its decision on Love, let's be real here. The guy couldn't even beat out Tim Boyle his rookie year, and the Rodgers extension almost certainly means the coaching staff has zero belief in what Love can do.

Edited by AP_allday2869

4 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

The jury has made its decision on Love, let's be real here. The guy couldn't even beat out Tim Boyle his rookie year, and the Rodgers extension almost certainly means the coaching staff has zero belief in what Love can do.

If you want to make jumps to conclusion, sure.  But you can simultaneously believe that Jordan Love is a franchise QB, and that the Packers are better off for the next 2-3 years with Aaron Rodgers as the starting QB.  IF the Packers truly believed that Jordan Love was a bust, wouldn't it have made more sense for them to deal him this year for whatever they could get?  And I think the Tim Boyle/Jordan Love argument might go down on FF as one of the worst arguments.  A rookie QB coming from a non-P5 conference going to the NFL in a COVID-filled season with virtually no offseason wasn't going to unseat a QB who had a full season in Green Bay's system.  And for as limited as Boyle is/was, he's projected to be the Lions' backup QB so he's not a scrub who can't even latch onto an AFL team.

10 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

If you want to make jumps to conclusion, sure.  But you can simultaneously believe that Jordan Love is a franchise QB, and that the Packers are better off for the next 2-3 years with Aaron Rodgers as the starting QB.  IF the Packers truly believed that Jordan Love was a bust, wouldn't it have made more sense for them to deal him this year for whatever they could get?  And I think the Tim Boyle/Jordan Love argument might go down on FF as one of the worst arguments.  A rookie QB coming from a non-P5 conference going to the NFL in a COVID-filled season with virtually no offseason wasn't going to unseat a QB who had a full season in Green Bay's system.  And for as limited as Boyle is/was, he's projected to be the Lions' backup QB so he's not a scrub who can't even latch onto an AFL team.

So what has Love done to show you to think he still has a chance to be anything?

Edited by AP_allday2869

1 minute ago, AP_allday2869 said:

So what has Love done to show you to think he still has a chance to be anything?

He hasn't been given a chance to really make a definitive opinion of him.  I made a post a while back, and his first career start was comparable to several other top QBs.  And before you jump down my throat, that's not me saying that I think Jordan Love is a future top 10 QB.  All I'm saying is that if you're ready to write a player based off of one solid (albeit unspectacular) start, you'd be writing off a TON of top players.