Training Camp Central

lumberjackchris

• 2 weeks later...

Heard whoever was filling in for Pendergast this morning on 610 talking about Warhop and his blocking scheme. How its just simple and every will know exactly what they should execute each play. Down block, double team scooping up to the LB at the 2nd level ect. ect..... 

As a OL coach myself this is definitely going to improve the unit's play. All to often in the BOB/TK era  to many assignments were missed and linemen looked confused.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, lumberjackchris said:

Heard whoever was filling in for Pendergast this morning on 610 talking about Warhop and his blocking scheme. How its just simple and every will know exactly what they should execute each play. Down block, double team scooping up to the LB at the 2nd level ect. ect..... 

As a OL coach myself this is definitely going to improve the unit's play. All to often in the BOB/TK era  to many assignments were missed and linemen looked confused.

Sounds like zone blocking, which will work if our RBs have the vision for it. It’s what Green ran a lot at Texas A&M 

Edited by Pastor Dillon

2 hours ago, lumberjackchris said:

Heard whoever was filling in for Pendergast this morning on 610 talking about Warhop and his blocking scheme.

Wade Smith was in for Pendergast - so if anyone knows OL schemes, it’s a former Kubiak OL.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Don’t you dare disrespect the Stinger like that. Stingley gonna have to earn it first. 

I didn’t say he’s THERE yet. I agree, nobody just gets NAMED Sting. (Unless you’re a Grammy-award winning musician who used to be the frontman for The Police - even then, the REAL Sting is the guy who single-handedly stood up to the NWO).

But yeah, there’s only one Sting (Two) for now.

1 hour ago, lumberjackchris said:

They just blowing smoke with all this Wallow hype? 

I always felt that Wallow looked more like box S with his size, so hearing that he’s made progress physically tells me that he’s put on a lot of mass this offseason.

I’ll dismiss the on field stuff as TC hype, but Wallow packing on some muscle is very promising nonetheless.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...