2022 Titans Minicamp/Training Camp Thread

I like NPF. I thought he might get the RT position and Radunz would get LG or maybe LT after Lewan, but damn Radunz is just a let down. Unless he can end up playing C, he's done as a potential starter. 

NPF has more prototypical size for RT.

Sadly we still need to be drafting for both LT and LG in the future. I don't want Brewer to stay at LG, but maybe as an undersized C.

Hmm… Building that depth and phasing guys like Jackson out. They did just pick up Lonnie Johnson and traded for Gillespie as well. Gillespie seems more like just safety depth while guys like Amadi and Johnson have the versatility to play safety, nickel, big dime, etc. A lot of moving pieces to this secondary.

Just now, titansNvolsR#1 said:

What happened to Theo Jackson? I thought I saw him in the first preseason game but didn't in the second one. Just more OTA-hype that fizzles? 

he's been injured. just started practicing again today or yesterday

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

All these starting QBs are playing in the preseason but yet ours can’t. You can say what you want about the preseason but it’s bull**** he’s not playing. He has all new receivers and he needs live game action. Same goes for the whole OL. Practice can only do so much.

I do think he needs to play at least a series or two. 
Him not playing led to his worst year with us. So he needs to get his butt out there. 

• Like 2

Agree with the QB not playing is garbage...to treat a first regular season game as a tune up like we did last year vs AZ...ridiculous!! Looked like hot garbage on offense vs AZ last season and fully expect to struggle game 1 this year.  

Edited by Dr.Doom52

I'd imagine him not playing is as much or more Vrabel's idea than Tannehill's. Not worried about it in the slightest. His issues have been in the post-season. He's got 17 games to warm up for that.

Worried about 3rd round rookie starting at RT, a fringe roster player starting at LG, Woods being nowhere near 100% even if he plays and NWI being our #1 WR. That is what I see hurting our team this season.

Racey McMath is going to be a poor man's Khalif Raymond, Burks probably won't be a big factor early on and Phillips may end up being really good, but that's as a role player not as one of our top WRs.

I know Alex Leatherwood was a god awful first round pick, but if he's cut I wonder if there's any chance we look at him for potential at LG? He doesn't solve anything for us this season, but is there something I'm missing as to why they'd give up on him so soon? I know he was bad for them last year, but if he doesn't have work ethic issues it seems early to just cut bait.

They never should have drafted him where they did, but no one thought he was a late round player.

Edited by TitanSS

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

I know Alex Leatherwood was a god awful first round pick, but if he's cut I wonder if there's any chance we look at him for potential at LG? He doesn't solve anything for us this season, but is there something I'm missing as to why they'd give up on him so soon? I know he was bad for them last year, but if he doesn't have work ethic issues it seems early to just cut bait.

They never should have drafted him where they did, but no one thought he was a late round player.

I feel like Leatherwood has to be better than whoever our fourth OT is gonna be.

Get his ***.