2022 Titans Minicamp/Training Camp Thread

5 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Yep. No surprise that McCreary has taken over that #2 spot. He’s played a lot of football at CB. He’s had the time to be developed. Farley is still a very raw player which is why there’s so much inconsistency. Injuries will slow that down for him. He may never turn into the player he’s projected to be but it’s going to take some time regardless. I found it hilarious people questioning the McCreary pick or taking a CB that high when all we had was Fulton, a raw injury prone player in Farley, and Molden as the projected top 3 before the draft. We needed more top level CBs regardless even if Farley does work out. I’m loving the potential of this secondary though. 

& not to mention Fulton has yet to play a full season as well. I hope Farley develops but regardless I want the better man on the field 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Honestly Chestnut looked better than Haskins in preseason. Although it’s hard for anyone to look good behind that worthless 3rd string and less OL.

You think?

I thought Hassan looked good. Showed burst catching the ball.  
Chestnut wasn't bad either. But I thought Hassan was pretty good given his opportunities. 

5 hours ago, -Hope- said:

man, this is actually pretty crazy. fulton is the only legit player we drafted in 2020, which would generally be a disaster except 3 UDFAs from that year are now starters/major contributors for us.

That's the only thing saving that whole year.  Those UDFA's were clutch. It was a crazy year of scouting but whew big miss on the draft picks. 

If we’re really bad in a few years, the 2020 and 2021 will be the main reason why imo. It’s just tough recovering from back to back rough draft classes. It usually effects a team down the line even if you are a good organization (see the Patriots in recent years, Seattle, ect.).

The 2022 class could help cover that up though as it looks really good early on, especially if Willis does become a quality starter down the line.

Edited by TitanSlim

The amount of attention Willis got on the sideline from Vrabel makes me think they 100% expect him to be our future starter. IDK how he'd look after teams have tape on him in our offense, but I'd guess they absolutely intend to start him either next year or the year after.

26 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

The amount of attention Willis got on the sideline from Vrabel makes me think they 100% expect him to be our future starter. IDK how he'd look after teams have tape on him in our offense, but I'd guess they absolutely intend to start him either next year or the year after.

I fully expect him to be the starter next year. Next year I really think we go rebuild. Maybe not a full on rebuild but we have some aging guys with hefty contracts(Tannehill, Lewan, Henry, Bud, etc.) Might be the last year of some key Titans who have been around for a while. Was hoping Radunz would turn into something so letting go of Lewan would be much easier. Coaches and teammates seem to love Malik already. Not to mention national media has a hard on for him. Can’t see him sitting two years even though I still think he has a long ways to go to be a viable starter in this league.

19 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I still think he needs 2 yrs. & I hope Tannehill plays very efficient & good. To buy Willis another yr. Reason I feel 2 yrs will do him good is because yr 1 he needs to refine his mechanics & learn how to be a pro & just focus on the lil things & learning the playbook. Yr 2 is when it all should click, his throwing motion, his footwork,trusting what he sees should all be in sync. Fix the OL some more & get him some more WR help & I think we got us something special 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

I still think he needs 2 yrs. & I hope Tannehill plays very efficient & good. To buy Willis another yr. Reason I feel 2 yrs will do him good is because yr 1 he needs to refine his mechanics & learn how to be a pro & just focus on the lil things & learning the playbook. Yr 2 is when it all should click, his throwing motion, his footwork,trusting what he sees should all be in sync. Fix the OL some more & get him some more WR help & I think we got us something special 

at a certain point though i think he's gotta take his lumps in real game action. the preseason was encouraging to me that by next year, even if he's not ready to be a really *good* starting QB, he can be ready to learn by doing rather than developing bad habits.

28 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

at a certain point though i think he's gotta take his lumps in real game action. the preseason was encouraging to me that by next year, even if he's not ready to be a really *good* starting QB, he can be ready to learn by doing rather than developing bad habits.

That’s true too, this just my opinion based on how raw he is & our history at developing QB’s if Tannehill bounce back with a strong season. & we’re in playoff contention I don’t see why we cut ties so fast. 

41 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

Agreed. If he continues to develop as quickly as he did in the preseason, there won’t be much use in him staying on the bench by 2023.

53 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

That’s true too, this just my opinion based on how raw he is & our history at developing QB’s if Tannehill bounce back with a strong season. & we’re in playoff contention I don’t see why we cut ties so fast. 

yeah there's definitely an argument for that as well. it'll be interesting. there's a lot that could happen between now and then, pretty wide range of outcomes so...we'll see!

4 hours ago, -Hope- said:

man, bringing back kelly would make the trade for that rando from carolina even weirder. but i wouldn't hate this at all

Don’t understand the Kelly love… Kelly wasn’t good enough to make a team that has issues at tackle. I’m not sure what makes people think he solves anything for us. At his best here he was an average starter who they had to help against talented edge rushers. For all that, I’d rather go with NPF. Younger, cheaper, higher upside. Kelly was great for his time here, but that time has long passed. Don’t see it happening.

Edited by Chocolateman78

5 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Don’t understand the Kelly love… Kelly wasn’t good enough to make a team that has issues at tackle. I’m not sure what makes people think he solves anything for us. At his best here he was an average starter who they had to help against talented edge rushers. For all that, I’d rather go with NPF. Younger, cheaper, higher upside. Kelly was great for his time here, but that time has long passed. Don’t see it happening.

Because he fits our system, you can hide his weaknesses in our system we’re not a high volume passing team