2022 Titans Minicamp/Training Camp Thread

7 hours ago, Daniel said:

Agreed. If he continues to develop as quickly as he did in the preseason, there won’t be much use in him staying on the bench by 2023.

Keep this in mind he look good in preseason but here’s the truth about preseason, he played a lot vs bench players also DC’s keep it vanilla far as scheme & play calling, don’t want to show their hand before the season start so teams won’t have nothing to game plan for. But yes he showed improvement each game far as processing but it’s different when defenses start disguising coverage pre snap alter coverage the snap of the ball. Once DC’s got film on you, you know like I know they take away what you do best & make it harder on the QB to beat em 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

Keep this in mind he look good in preseason but here’s the truth about preseason, he played a lot vs bench players also DC’s keep it vanilla far as scheme & play calling, don’t want to show their hand before the season start so teams won’t have nothing to game plan for. But yes he showed improvement each game far as processing but it’s different when defenses start disguising coverage pre snap alter coverage the snap of the ball. Once DC’s got film on you, you know like I know they take away what you do best & make it harder on the QB to beat em 

Oh I know.  I'm not saying that his play in the preseason indicates what he'd do in the regular season, I'm saying we could see him improving in certain areas from game to game.  And he improved much faster than I would have expected.

I said if he keeps improving at this rate, he'll be ready to start in a year.  I know that's a pretty big if.  He could hit a wall very soon, or that progression could slow down, or there could be some things he just can't get through in time.

But what we've seen should have us feeling pretty optimistic about his future.  We know he's one of the two fastest QBs in the game, and we know his arm strength is top tier too.  With those traits, he can be a very good QB if he even becomes average in accuracy, decision making, and reading the field.

9 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Don’t understand the Kelly love… Kelly wasn’t good enough to make a team that has issues at tackle. I’m not sure what makes people think he solves anything for us. At his best here he was an average starter who they had to help against talented edge rushers. For all that, I’d rather go with NPF. Younger, cheaper, higher upside. Kelly was great for his time here, but that time has long passed. Don’t see it happening.

??? this has nothing to do with NPF or wanting kelly in a starting role. i'm talking about our OL depth, which is atrocious

• Like 1

Theo Jackson, Reggie Roberson, and David Anenih are the ones I was most eager to see practice squaded.  Two out of three so far.

Murchison and Chris Jackson are quality practice squad players too though.  Really like to see Peevy get brought in as well.