2022 Titans Minicamp/Training Camp Thread

On 6/7/2022 at 6:25 PM, twotonebluenation said:

This Kyle Philips dude has snappy footwork and runs some quick routes.

Yup I think we stole our future slot man and hopefully keeps NWI off the damn field lmao. ALSO I think we vastly improved our TEs from last year which in this offense we needed. And EVERYONE is counting us our again. Even in our own fanbase and I love it. The fire rises! Im so ready for the season!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VY-FTW said:

Yup I think we stole our future slot man and hopefully keeps NWI off the damn field lmao. ALSO I think we vastly improved our TEs from last year which in this offense we needed. And EVERYONE is counting us our again. Even in our own fanbase and I love it. The fire rises! Im so ready for the season!

Why is there so much hate for NWI? Dude wasn't a superstar but some of yall act like he should be playing pickup games in the back yard instead of being a 3 or 4 receiver in the NFL.

16 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

Why is there so much hate for NWI? Dude wasn't a superstar but some of yall act like he should be playing pickup games in the back yard instead of being a 3 or 4 receiver in the NFL.

I don’t think there’s hate for NWI as much as there is concern that he’s potentially our No. 3. He’s fine as a No. 4, but unless he’s way better than last year, I think that’s about his ceiling.

Someone leapfrogs him in the roster, I’ll feel much better about our WR room.

2 hours ago, lovetitans said:

You wasting your time I seen this episode see Tajae sharpe VS Taywan Taylor 😮💨.. NWI is solid 3-4 WR special team player you most certainly need guys like him 

14 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

You wasting your time I seen this episode see Tajae sharpe VS Taywan Taylor 😮💨.. NWI is solid 3-4 WR special team player you most certainly need guys like him 

And that’s exactly what most Titan fans think of NWI. Nobody hates the guy. It’s awesome to develop an UDFA and have them stay with the team this long. You haven’t said anything that pretty much every Titan fan thinks of NWI. He’s an awesome SPT guy who should be no more than a #4/spot starting #3 WR. People thought the same about Sharpe except he didn’t play SPT. The problem with NWI is that he’s likely the #2 guy right now. Hell maybe #1 with Woods recovering still. That’s the issue right now. Nobody hates NWI, they hate the situation that our team is left with at receiver. We traded our #1 guy away. Our depth at receiver at the top is garbage. Burks has asthma and is missing valuable practice time in OTAs. Phillips looks like he could be a player but I’m not getting my hopes up on a 5th round rookie. If you had to list them, it’s probably Woods, NWI, Phillips, and Burks as the top 4. Hell, Burks is probably even lower. So once again, nobody hates NWI. They just don’t want him starting. Forgive fans for wanting to start better players…

3 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

And that’s exactly what most Titan fans think of NWI. Nobody hates the guy. It’s awesome to develop an UDFA and have them stay with the team this long. You haven’t said anything that pretty much every Titan fan thinks of NWI. He’s an awesome SPT guy who should be no more than a #4/spot starting #3 WR. People thought the same about Sharpe except he didn’t play SPT. The problem with NWI is that he’s likely the #2 guy right now. Hell maybe #1 with Woods recovering still. That’s the issue right now. Nobody hates NWI, they hate the situation that our team is left with at receiver. We traded our #1 guy away. Our depth at receiver at the top is garbage. Burks has asthma and is missing valuable practice time in OTAs. Phillips looks like he could be a player but I’m not getting my hopes up on a 5th round rookie. If you had to list them, it’s probably Woods, NWI, Phillips, and Burks as the top 4. Hell, Burks is probably even lower. So once again, nobody hates NWI. They just don’t want him starting. Forgive fans for wanting to start better players…

I’m not talking about you or most fans that know football, I agree entirely with your statement I’m speaking on guys who clearly just sh!t on NWI & talk down on him like he’s trash & will hype up the next undrafted WR or late round WR we’ve drafted all because they run a fast 40. At the end of the day you need guys like him that do the lil things, blocks special teams, nobody expects him to light it up & be a #2 or #1 WR who understands our offense philosophy. So if you took it I was sending a shot at you, you guess wrong. Only guys who speak on him like he doesn’t bring nothing or have a role on the team 

On 6/9/2022 at 7:55 PM, Daniel said:

I don’t think there’s hate for NWI as much as there is concern that he’s potentially our No. 3. He’s fine as a No. 4, but unless he’s way better than last year, I think that’s about his ceiling.

Someone leapfrogs him in the roster, I’ll feel much better about our WR room.

So basically you are saying he sucks and if someone can't beat him out for the #3 spot we are in big trouble but hey, you don't hate the guy?

Basically NWI is not anywhere near as bad as fans think he is and fought his way up from the PS to be a pretty decent WR who is still progressing.  If he can step up his game at all he is solid.  And yes, he works hard, is a fantastic blocker who blocks better than many TEs in the run game, and can get open.  I bet the coaching staff likes him way better than most fans or "experts" do and exactly why we won't be trading for some garbage like Harry N' Keal who is 7th or 8th on the Pats depth chart.  Amazing really.  Oh, and the Pats would trade N'Keal to us in exchange for NWI faster than you could say NWI.     

30 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

So basically you are saying he sucks and if someone can't beat him out for the #3 spot we are in big trouble but hey, you don't hate the guy?

Basically NWI is not anywhere near as bad as fans think he is and fought his way up from the PS to be a pretty decent WR who is still progressing.  If he can step up his game at all he is solid.  And yes, he works hard, is a fantastic blocker who blocks better than many TEs in the run game, and can get open.  I bet the coaching staff likes him way better than most fans or "experts" do and exactly why we won't be trading for some garbage like Harry N' Keal who is 7th or 8th on the Pats depth chart.  Amazing really.  Oh, and the Pats would trade N'Keal to us in exchange for NWI faster than you could say NWI.     

So basically you are saying he’s a hall of famer and the best WR on the team?

6 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Well said 💪🏽

14 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Yea that’s totally what he said…. I still haven’t seen anyone say they hate NWI or that he sucks. Saying he’s shouldn’t be higher than a #4 WR/#3 spot starter isn’t hating the guy. That’s legit his ceiling. He doesn’t have the explosiveness or the hands of a top flight WR. You guys want to hate on Tannehill but yet when he’s throwing to the likes of NWI and Charles Rogers as his top 2 WRs in some games last year, I’d imagine the top QBs in the league would look terrible. The coaching staff does like him, hence why he’s made the team every year as an UDFA. He’s not a diva and does all the generic stuff that Vrabel wants. That’s great and all but when you need someone to get guys out the box and we’re trotting NWI out there, the DBs just laugh at the lack of explosiveness in our receiving core. He’s a great SPT player, great blocker, has limited athleticism, and even though his hands have improved since his rookie season, still has some key drops at times. That’s not hating the guy, that’s just telling the truth about what type of player he is. I mean I can literally criticize any player. Henry is pretty bad in pass-protection. Lewan is injury prone and hasn’t been the same player since he got popped for PEDS. Byard gets abused by elite TEs. Simmons isn’t Aaron Donald 😂

Criticizing them doesn’t mean we hate the guy.

Edited by ttitansfan4life