Raiders trade WR Bryan Edwards To Falcons

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, iloxygenil said:

Falcons clearly want very very large WRs. Falcons will be trotting out 6’6” Kyle Pitts, 6’4” Drake London, 6’3” Edwards, 6’5” Tate. Like dang son, they may not blow the top off but they can block and win jump balls. Feels like there’s a very clear idea for the Falcons. Good or not remains to be seen but at least our FO is trying. 

Edwards could be good but he just has to get much better as a route runner, he's pretty good in contested catch situations. But was literally dead last in the NFL in yards of separation per route run according to NFL next gen stats. 

3 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Lol Raiders fans were telling me on here how awesome Mayock was not even a year ago. I told y’all he sucked. I can see Mariota to Edwards being pretty deadly.

The majority of our fanbase hated Mike Mayock because he wasted so many damn draft picks. Mariota is a baller but Edwards unfortunately just isn't very good, he's slow af getting in and out of his breaks so he can't ever create seperation. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The majority of our fanbase hated Mike Mayock because he wasted so many damn draft picks. Mariota is a baller but Edwards unfortunately just isn't very good, he's slow af getting in and out of his breaks so he can't ever create seperation. 

200w.gif

• Like 7

21 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Lol Raiders fans were telling me on here how awesome Mayock was not even a year ago. I told y’all he sucked. I can see Mariota to Edwards being pretty deadly.

I think Mariota has some upside potential that's still worth exploring under the right circumstances. We've certainly seen QBs that looked worse rebound, though we've also seen QBs that looked better fall flat. Maybe we'll get a look this year. 

Edwards, same thing. He had his moments. Definitely doesn't got the profile of WRs the Pats used under McDaniels though. 

IF both guys love up to their potential, Atlanta could look pretty solid. It's a big IF though. 

On 5/13/2022 at 9:55 PM, Oregon Ducks said:

I'm not a Raiders fan nor am I a Mayock apologist but I wouldn't be calling people out for their football takes when you are on here telling people you think Marcus Mariota to Bryan Edwards is going to be a deadly combo. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Folesadelphia said:

I'm not a Raiders fan nor am I a Mayock apologist but I wouldn't be calling people out for their football takes when you are on here telling people you think Marcus Mariota to Bryan Edwards is going to be a deadly combo. 

For real. Absolute joke take.