Saints sign WR Jarvis Landry to 1 year deal

ACO

5 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I wanted my Raiders to take a look at him as WR2 but everyone kept saying he is strictly a slot. We have Hunter Renfrow in the slot, but have a need for a WR2. Landry would have been nice, I think we are contenders and need another wideout 

Apparently the Raiders think they have someone in that role, since they traded Edwards to the Falcons. I know he’s not great or anything, but he kinda fit that WR2 role 

2 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

Apparently the Raiders think they have someone in that role, since they traded Edwards to the Falcons. I know he’s not great or anything, but he kinda fit that WR2 role 

We have Demarcus Robinson and Keelan Cole. They are steady vets, kinda boring. Would prefer a better vet or a younger guy. Doubt we bring him in, but Julio Jones would be amazing 

Edited by Humble_Beast

8 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

The odds are against the sixth round pick, x7 SB winning, 44 year old QB whose just thrown for 10,000 yards and 80+ TDs in the past two seasons? You don’t say?

Are you saying you believe Brady will be bad this year?

Thats a fair point actually.

And yes... im calling this as his Manning fall off year. 

This has the potential to not age well but i like my chances this year.

11 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

We have Demarcus Robinson and Keelan Cole. They are steady vets, kinda boring. Would prefer a better vet or a younger guy. Doubt we bring him in, but Julio Jones would be amazing 

Julio on paper is amazing. Julio in real life is just waiting for his hammy to disintegrate. I know he’s got some ball left in him, but he’s like the DH in baseball and you’re gunna have to pick and choose which 10-12 plays he’s in on  

52 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

I believe they're saying that Brady won't go for ~5,000 yards and ~40 TDs again. I could see 30 TDs and ~4,000 yards. We saw Brady win a Super Bowl with less than 30 TDs in the regular season. He'll still be Brady, but I don't think it's crazy to expect a late-career Philip Rivers type of season at some point. Still top-10 or so, but not world-beating? 

Not quite…

33 minutes ago, Sauce Castillo said:

Thats a fair point actually.

And yes... im calling this as his Manning fall off year. 

This has the potential to not age well but i like my chances this year.

I mean, he’s well overdue for that sort of year. It’s just if you play the odds vs Brady for every year of his career, you’d be putting up a goose egg. If anything, history says you can’t bet against this guy. 

But we’ll see. IMO it’s safer to assume he’ll be a high end QB than it is to assume he’ll be zombie Peyton. 

At this stage of his career he is a excellent number 3 wr.

He was injured last year then brought back to early still managed 600 yards.

Would not hesitate to sit him for 6 games then you should have a 100 percent healthy landry plus very motivated for a 20,000,000 million dollar contract.

warning this guy talked Von miller out of coming to the Browns he maybe the largest turncoat in the history of the NFL.

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Not quite…

I mean, he’s well overdue for that sort of year. It’s just if you play the odds vs Brady for every year of his career, you’d be putting up a goose egg. If anything, history says you can’t bet against this guy. 

But we’ll see. IMO it’s safer to assume he’ll be a high end QB than it is to assume he’ll be zombie Peyton. 

For what its worth this is the first year i think he may hit that slide. Just kind of feel like that team was build for a small window. 

Even if he doesnt the odds that he stays as healthy as he has been dont work in his favor. His old man bones cant take it lol

Landry is seriously underrated. Like when someone said 5 time pro bowl player I had to look it up because I just did not see him that way.

You can argue that it was 3 pro bowls and 2 alternates but that still a very good player.

The last 4 years he's pretty much even with Allen Robinson. He's only 9 months older than Robinson.

1 hour ago, SWATcha said:

You don't think Landry at 6m is a good deal? Or you just doing your typical troll job on anything Saints related?

I think someone advocating as if they aren't a Stains homer is laughable. Can Landry be good for 6m, sure absolutely he can. To compare him to the other WRs signed this offseason is laughable, he is not on that level.