Saints sign WR Jarvis Landry to 1 year deal

ACO

16 minutes ago, iloxygenil said:

To compare him to the other WRs signed this offseason is laughable, he is not on that level.

Would you rather take Christian Kirk at 4 years 72m or Jarvis at 1 year for 6? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

How did he make 5 pro bowls? To put that in perspective, Randy Moss Calvin Johnson and Terrell Owens who are in the HOF have 6 each.

Because Jarvis Landry has quietly been one of the best slot WRs in the NFL not named Wes Welker or Julian Edelman in the past 15-20 years.

Its also amazing how many people apparently think he can play outside and are just now realizing Landry has predominantly played slot WR his entire career.

Its more amazing that he turned down multiple offers from the Browns (who he apparently wanted to resign with) because the contract offers wernt high enough and/or were not multi-year deals---and then he accepts 1YR/6M from the Saints.....

Edited by AkronsWitness

Reality check: Jarvis Landry deserved to go to ZERO pro bowls. He's had ONE very good season and it still doesn't warrant that kind of consideration. He's a valuable role player and has never been better than that, not once. He doesn't put up big yards or big touchdowns. He gets injured. He blocks well. He's slow and getting slower. His hands were great but not always.

TL;DR meh; good deal at $6mil tho

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iloxygenil said:

I think someone advocating as if they aren't a Stains homer is laughable. Can Landry be good for 6m, sure absolutely he can. To compare him to the other WRs signed this offseason is laughable, he is not on that level.

I mean, none of them?

Marquez Valdes-Scantling for $10M APY? Chark for $10M? Even Kirk for nearly x3 as much? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, iloxygenil said:

I think someone advocating as if they aren't a Stains homer is laughable. Can Landry be good for 6m, sure absolutely he can. To compare him to the other WRs signed this offseason is laughable, he is not on that level.

So trolling, got it. You should try dropping your bias down a notch now and then. Your "I hate everything Saints and New Orleans" shtick got old a long time ago. 

He never compared anything talent wise. That's you just looking for something to be argumentative over. He said he was happy with Landry at 6m over some of the other WR contracts out there. You would of been happy too if the Falcons landed Landry for 6m on a 1yr deal.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SWATcha said:

So trolling, got it. You should try dropping your bias down a notch now and then. Your "I hate everything Saints and New Orleans" shtick got old a long time ago. 

He never compared anything talent wise. That's you just looking for something to be argumentative over. He said he was happy with Landry at 6m over some of the other WR contracts out there. You would of been happy too if the Falcons landed Landry for 6m on a 1yr deal.

Stay mad, don't care. You can pretend to know what I was thinking or not, the comment gave me a great laugh that's why the emoji is there. The defensive posture came afterwards and I simply explained it. Cry more, thanks :)

Honestly, I wasn't on the Landry to Atlanta bandwagon, I wouldn't mind him as a veteran presence, but I don't particularly want him as one of my 3 best WRs and he doesn't fit what Atlanta is trying to do. (Not sure if in any way, shape or form the Falcons FO plan is going to work or fail miserably) But he doesn't fit what the Falcons are clearly trying to do, so no, I wouldn't be happy for the Falcons to waste 6m for 1 year of a veteran presence on a team trying to build a culture.

8 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

I mean, none of them?

Marquez Valdes-Scantling for $10M APY? Chark for $10M? Even Kirk for nearly x3 as much? 

For Atlanta, I wanted none of them. But as a general rule I would take MVS, Kirk, Brown, Adams, Cheetah + their contracts over Landry at 6. Chark maybe not as much I feel like that's more of a push. I think Landry is slow, always been slow and for a WR who never broke 10 TDs OR 1200 yards in his career, I think he's just got a lot of positive press without the production to back it up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iloxygenil said:

For Atlanta, I wanted none of them. But as a general rule I would take MVS, Kirk, Brown, Adams, Cheetah + their contracts over Landry at 6. Chark maybe not as much I feel like that's more of a push. I think Landry is slow, always been slow and for a WR who never broke 10 TDs OR 1200 yards in his career, I think he's just got a lot of positive press without the production to back it up.

I mean, Kirk and MVS haven’t gotten close to either of those stat lines either, lol. Both getting paid more APY. Although they’re certainly faster, if that’s the sticking point.

Don’t think Landry’s the absolute worst receiver that could’ve been had this offseason. Adams, AJB, Cooper, and Hill obviously have multiple legs up on Landry, but the rest? Meh. Some are trending up while Landry’s trending down, so I get beyond 2022. But for this season, don’t really think he’s a bad option.

• Like 1

Man, this time of the year really brings out the angry biased posters don't it? Everyone seems to think their team got better through FA and draft while other teams stood pat or got worse (especially division rivals)......and every year we find out just how untrue this fallacy really is.

Anyhow, Landry is vastly overrated IMO and is coming off a serious injury, but it's well worth a shot for 6M on a 1 year deal.... which is a great deal for the Saints since I was expecting him to ask for much more. 

A 6M cap hit in 2022 puts him in the same range as;

• Former #6 overall pick Jaylen Waddle
  • Former #24 overall pick D.J. Moore
  • Veteran and former #14 overall pick DeVante Parker
  • Former #208 overall pick Cedrick Wilson Jr

That's a great deal. Especially when you consider the role he is presumably taking on which is slot for short yardage, YAC, and act as a blanket for Winston/Dalton. Also, as a veteran, he and MT can help Olave transition much quicker.

• Like 1