Saints sign WR Jarvis Landry to 1 year deal

ACO

17 hours ago, iloxygenil said:

Stay mad, don't care. You can pretend to know what I was thinking or not, the comment gave me a great laugh that's why the emoji is there. The defensive posture came afterwards and I simply explained it. Cry more, thanks :)

Honestly, I wasn't on the Landry to Atlanta bandwagon, I wouldn't mind him as a veteran presence, but I don't particularly want him as one of my 3 best WRs and he doesn't fit what Atlanta is trying to do. (Not sure if in any way, shape or form the Falcons FO plan is going to work or fail miserably) But he doesn't fit what the Falcons are clearly trying to do, so no, I wouldn't be happy for the Falcons to waste 6m for 1 year of a veteran presence on a team trying to build a culture.

Being a perennial joke franchise?

On 5/15/2022 at 1:44 AM, NudeTayne said:

Reality check: Jarvis Landry deserved to go to ZERO pro bowls. He's had ONE very good season and it still doesn't warrant that kind of consideration. He's a valuable role player and has never been better than that, not once. He doesn't put up big yards or big touchdowns. He gets injured. He blocks well. He's slow and getting slower. His hands were great but not always.

TL;DR meh; good deal at $6mil tho

you and I have always agreed on this more or less.

I think he’s a nice slot receiver. He’s competitive, plays hurt, etc.  He also has a really limited skill set and can’t get open consistently against good corners, especially on the outside.

In the slot he’ll finesse the hell out of some linebackers in zone.

Dont let the pro bowls and reception numbers fool you, he was force fed the ball and doesn’t do a ton with it.

For the saints, and the fanbase in general it’s decent signing for one year.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

you and I have always agreed on this more or less.

I think he’s a nice slot receiver. He’s competitive, plays hurt, etc.  He also has a really limited skill set and can’t get open consistently against good corners, especially on the outside.

In the slot he’ll finesse the hell out of some linebackers in zone.

Dont let the pro bowls and reception numbers fool you, he was force fed the ball and doesn’t do a ton with it.

For the saints, and the fanbase in general it’s decent signing for one year.  

If you get Michael Thomas at 85% of where he was and Olave balls out the way that I/most expect him to, Jarvis as a pure slot #3 is a good signing for them.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If you get Michael Thomas at 85% of where he was and Olave balls out the way that I/most expect him to, Jarvis as a pure slot #3 is a good signing for them.

You’re still forgetting #5 WR in the NFL Deonte Hardy.

Edited by Dome
More like Hardly am I right
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I agree he’ll fit well.  I’d also argue you can find a guy to fill a similar role day 2-3 of the draft.

And I still think Olave’s best fit is in the slot.

31 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I agree he’ll fit well.  I’d also argue you can find a guy to fill a similar role day 2-3 of the draft.

Perhaps so, but historically those guys don't usually come in and give you that kind of capable 3rd down ability or slot ability as a Day 1 rookie.

31 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And I still think Olave’s best fit is in the slot.

I think Olave will have success in either spot. I get the concerns about press coverage, but I think that as long as he's opposite another viable dude, most teams won't be playing man or press man either. JMHO

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 4:05 PM, tyler735 said:

That's a great deal for the Saints. I'd much rather have Landry at 6 million than some of the other free agent WR's that cost way more this offseason.

Landry has a base salary of $3 million this year with another $3 million in incentives. That’s nuts…even if people don’t think he deserved any of his five pro bowls. In no sane universe is DJ Chark worth 2-3 times as much as Jarvis Landry. 

In the past two seasons the Jaguars have spent $32 mil/year between Zay Jones, Marvin Jones, and Christian Kirk. I’m not sure ANY of them are better than Jarvis Landry. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Landry has a base salary of $3 million this year with another $3 million in incentives. That’s nuts…even if people don’t think he deserved any of his five pro bowls. In no sane universe is DJ Chark worth 2-3 times as much as Jarvis Landry. 

In the past two seasons the Jaguars have spent $32 mil/year between Zay Jones, Marvin Jones, and Christian Kirk. I’m not sure ANY of them are better than Jarvis Landry. 

3 million bonus, 3 in incentives is a good deal.  The biggest issue with Jarvis is just knowing his limitations, but he can definitely contribute.

7 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

In three of those PB years he had a yards/tgt 7.0 or lower - pretty underwhelming TBH

1 hour ago, sp6488 said:

In three of those PB years he had a yards/tgt 7.0 or lower - pretty underwhelming TBH

He catches a ton of short passes. That’s what slot WRs do. Welker and Edelman were no different. Nobody is arguing he’s an elite WR1 right now. But he can be an exceptional slot WR, and at $3 million that can go up to $6 million with incentives…it’s not going to be hard for him to be a better value than the majority of the other FA WRs.