The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Tuli is one of my favorite players as well, people seem to have mixed feelings on him though. I think he'll probably end up being a late 1st round guy which sucks because he's not worth #7 but I doubt he'll fall to us. The same thing with Drew Sanders.

Yeh, exactly. He’s going to be in our blind spot. Probably doesn’t drop into our second but way too high to be picked at #7, maybe a trade down or if we can squeeze a lower 1st out of a Carr trade………🤞

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, exactly. He’s going to be in our blind spot. Probably doesn’t drop into our second but way too high to be picked at #7, maybe a trade down or if we can squeeze a lower 1st out of a Carr trade………🤞

If Tyree Wilson / CJ Stroud are gone I'd probably prefer to trade back and target someone like Tuli/Breece or a CB like Gonzalez / Witherspoon. It would be an absolute miracle to get a FRP for Carr at this point. We only have 12 more days to figure it out and his agent hasn't even been able to talk to other teams.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If Tyree Wilson / CJ Stroud are gone I'd probably prefer to trade back and target someone like Tuli/Breece or a CB like Gonzalez / Witherspoon. It would be an absolute miracle to get a FRP for Carr at this point. We only have 12 more days to figure it out and his agent hasn't even been able to talk to other teams.

Haha, they’ll have been in covert contact no doubt, I think he is valuable but his situation with the time limit will play into other teams hands. Trading down and grabbing Tuli and Weatherspoon would be terrific for me, two of my favourite players in the entire draft!

I was running through the Me v Mayock topics yesterday and it seemed that we both had very similar drafts……..,great minds think alike eh? 😂

6 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Haha, they’ll have been in covert contact no doubt, I think he is valuable but his situation with the time limit will play into other teams hands. Trading down and grabbing Tuli and Weatherspoon would be terrific for me, two of my favourite players in the entire draft!

I was running through the Me v Mayock topics yesterday and it seemed that we both had very similar drafts……..,great minds think alike eh? 😂

If we didn't have a deadline / Carr didn't have a NTC I think we'd definitely get at least a 2nd, possibly a 1st.

• Like 1

I hate that we’re in the position where we have to overpay for a QB. If we don’t get a QB before the draft, there’s no way one of the top 3 QBs last to 7. Mayock vibes where everyone knows our hand, I just hope we don’t reach for the next best thing just because. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I hate that we’re in the position where we have to overpay for a QB. If we don’t get a QB before the draft, there’s no way one of the top 3 QBs last to 7. Mayock vibes where everyone knows our hand, I just hope we don’t reach for the next best thing just because. 

Agreed. It's likely:

• Trade multiple premium picks for Rodgers

• Sign Jimmy G to a large, multi-year free agent deal

• Trade multiple premium picks to move up for Stroud

Some days I love Stroud and some days I’m pretty meh on him. I wish his arm was a little better, but it’s pretty good. His accuracy is top notch. Good football IQ. My thing with Stroud is his pocket presence and play extension ability. But the Georgia game gives me some hope that he actually has these skills and wasn’t tested much. Some of Strouds throws on the run, and his play extension against Georgia was very good. It doesn’t erase two years of tape saying otherwise, but it’s reassuring that those skills might be something he does have, and just needs to apply more. 

• Like 1

😅 at the comparison. I think more Premium Prescott but Premium Prescott/Premium Carr is a ridiculously good comp for Stroud IMO. I do think Stroud will be much better at escaping pressure and throwing on the run than Carr/Prescott though. They are two of the worst QB’s in the league at extending a play, and completing a pass. 

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

😅 at the comparison. I think more Premium Prescott but Premium Prescott/Premium Carr is a ridiculously good comp for Stroud IMO. I do think Stroud will be much better at escaping pressure and throwing on the run than Carr/Prescott though. They are two of the worst QB’s in the league at extending a play, and completing a pass. 

That's my concern with Stroud too. We saw the absolute worst of it in Carr and it was a painful 9 years. The self sacks, throwing away at the first sign of pressure, etc killed each of us every game.

Of course you have the exact opposite in Bryce Young who can extend plays with the best of them, however his frame is a legitimate concern too.

It'll be interesting to see how our QB room plays out.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

That's my concern with Stroud too. We saw the absolute worst of it in Carr and it was a painful 9 years. The self sacks, throwing away at the first sign of pressure, etc killed each of us every game.

Of course you have the exact opposite in Bryce Young who can extend plays with the best of them, however his frame is a legitimate concern too.

It'll be interesting to see how our QB room plays out.

I'm not even gonna really be looking into the whole CJ Stroud thing because the reality is we're not gonna get him unless he gets in trouble somehow between now and draft day or we trade up which would probably put us in a worse situation than we are already in

I’m here for Stroud. I think he will fit what we do well and I think he will be more than competent enough to be a franchise guy. Accuracy is always my biggest thing and he checks that box without being painfully lacking anywhere else. 

12 hours ago, Geezy said:

I'd go with Tanner McKee in the 2nd anyway.