The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

Obviously Aaron Rodgers, Lamar Jackson, or CJ Stroud sounds ideal at this point and I would be totally fine and excited about any of those three options. 

However, I’m also fine with getting Baker quite cheap and drafting McKee in the 2nd. 

I realllllly do not want Jimmy. I feel he will cost twice as much as Baker and they are about the same skill level. I actually think Baker is a little better than Jimmy. Jimmy has had stacked offense after stacked offense after stacked offense in SF. Plus, Jimmy is made of paper. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Is Paris that significant of an upgrade that you'd move Kolton to a new position? We can find value at RT in free agency or later in the draft with someone like Darnell Taylor. I agree that Bijan is going to be an absolute monster but JMD has shown he can identify backs in the middle rounds and that his system is extremely RB friendly. I'd prefer someone like Kareem Hunt over Jacobs on a crazy deal or Bijan in the first. 

If we had a stable QB situation I think it'd make more sense to keep Jacobs so we can try to win it. But if we're going to enter a rebuild it doesn't make a ton of sense to pay him when we've invested a ton into other skill guys already. In that same train of thought, we also kind of have too many holes to pay a RB $14-16M APY. 

Jacobs has always been good but he didn't have elite production until this season, a contract year. But we also have a three year sample size of him being good but nowhere near elite.

Not saying I do not like Miller but I have always thought of him as a really good RT.  Paris would not be an upgrade year 1 regardless but the line would be better overall with the move.  I would not want to take Paris at 7 but he might be our best option.  Bijan I would not take until the middle of the 1st.  13-14th at the earliest.  I think the trade down for Bijan combined with the saved cap space make it a much better option.  Now if a top talent falls to us at 7 that we love then screw RB in the 1st.  I just do not see someone that is worth #7 to us being there.  A trade down from #7 to 13 or 14 is worth a 2nd or a 2024 1st on the value chart but if only one of the QBs is there at #7 we could get a lot more.  So many small changes though that would lead me to change my mind.  Fun to talk about but I might change my mind 10 more times before the draft.

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Obviously Aaron Rodgers, Lamar Jackson, or CJ Stroud sounds ideal at this point and I would be totally fine and excited about any of those three options. 

However, I’m also fine with getting Baker quite cheap and drafting McKee in the 2nd. 

I realllllly do not want Jimmy. I feel he will cost twice as much as Baker and they are about the same skill level. I actually think Baker is a little better than Jimmy. Jimmy has had stacked offense after stacked offense after stacked offense in SF. Plus, Jimmy is made of paper. 

I have been checking out McKee in the 2nd also.  Especially if we can acquire more day 2 picks.  Call me stupid but I do not want to invest more that $15 million per in a QB this year.  I really think chasing a QB this year is fools gold.  I could be wrong but it is my opinion right now. 

Honestly at this point Raiders might as well roll the dice on Anthony Richardson. Is it really worth it to trade picks for Rodgers who will retire in a year or two? Jimmy G is mid. After this past season where the opposing fans took over the stadium. Why not risk it all on a guy who could be must see tv? With all the elite QBs in the AFC if you don't have a true difference maker a QB, you have no chance. AR while flawed has the biggest upside. If McDaniels thinks he is this big QB guru, I say prove it. I think with good coaching Richardson should be a superstar in the NFL. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, raidersedge said:

Honestly at this point Raiders might as well roll the dice on Anthony Richardson. Is it really worth it to trade picks for Rodgers who will retire in a year or two? Jimmy G is mid. After this past season where the opposing fans took over the stadium. Why not risk it all on a guy who could be must see tv? With all the elite QBs in the AFC if you don't have a true difference maker a QB, you have no chance. AR while flawed has the biggest upside. If McDaniels thinks he is this big QB guru, I say prove it. I think with good coaching Richardson should be a superstar in the NFL. 

He sucks at playing QB.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, raidersedge said:

Why not risk it all? Bc he looks absolutely terrible more than he like great. Why not fill one of our many, many other areas of need with a prospect who's a better bet than shoot for the moon which will likely miss?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I have been checking out McKee in the 2nd also.  Especially if we can acquire more day 2 picks.  Call me stupid but I do not want to invest more that $15 million per in a QB this year.  I really think chasing a QB this year is fools gold.  I could be wrong but it is my opinion right now. 

I'm kinda leaning this way as well, for now, bc no QB will make us a contender with what we have in other areas. We need help all over. This will probably change when FA starts happening but we'll see

18 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Why not risk it all? Bc he looks absolutely terrible more than he like great. Why not fill one of our many, many other areas of need with a prospect who's a better bet than shoot for the moon which will likely miss?

Plus 2 out of the 4 games I watched he got hurt scrambling i question his durability 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I wasn't aware of that. Yeah, want even less of him now. Wouldn't even take him until the 3rd round

Vs Georgia got hurt 1st time he scrambled still played but without his mobility he’s nothing 

vs Florida st got hurt on 2nd scramble in first qtr and never came back

If you don't have a QB then you don't have anything.  I don't love any of the QBs in this draft and I don't love any of the free agents.  But I think it is worth taking a shot at any of the top 4 QBs at #7 in hopes that we can get a stud.    

Bryce Young's ceiling could be Deshaun Watson minus the trouble.

CJ Stroud's ceiling could be Justin Herbert.

Will Levis's Ceiling could be Ben Roethlisberger.

Anthony Richardson's ceiling could be Josh Allen.

My money is on Young and Stroud being gone when we pick.  I love that Levis will stand in and take a shot.  He seems like a gamer. Richardson's athleticism is definitely attractive.  Obviously they all have a floor.  But I would rather go down swinging than watching.  

Honestly, I think at the moment I am on the Jacoby Brisset and either Levis or Richardson bandwagon.  

How I rank the QBs when it comes to the Raiders.

1. Stroud 2. Levis 3. Young 4. Richardson

Richardson scares the **** out of me. Detention of boom or bust. IF he puts it together then you have a Josh Allen clone who is more gifted athletically. Needs a patient coach. 

I think Stroud can start day 1 while Levis and Young may need a little while longer 

Edited by agarcia34