The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

47 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

If we pick #1 or #2 it is a QB. 

I'd say there's almost zero chance we finish with a top 2 pick. We had the hardest 5 game stretch of any team in the league to open the season. We have an extremely soft schedule over the next month and a half. 

15 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I've never seen you this optimistic before. 

Don’t be fooled bp playing da. It’s win win for him. but he really wants that #1 pick. With a loaded qb class I’m kinda slowly accepting that failure also has its rewards this year lol

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

Don’t be fooled bp playing da. It’s win win for him. but he really wants that #1 pick. With a loaded qb class I’m kinda slowly accepting that failure also has its rewards this year lol

The problem with that is ... well I don't necessarily think DC is the problem personally Maybe not the solution but he isn't the reason we are 1-4 imo. Last night he went play for play against Mahomes in KC. The inconsistencies are maddening but my question is do people really think we are better with a rookie QB next year over Carr? Or do people plan on sitting the rookie day one and having DC mentor him for a season?

This roster and it's contracts are set up for a short shelf life window of 2-3 years. We may be burning one this season and next year going all in for a rookie is a very risky play. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I've never seen you this optimistic before. 

I buy when the stock is low. McDaniels can coach and the tipping point is coming for him. 

For all the shortcomings, the team has had a chance in every game amidst a tough schedule. Seriously... 3 division games in 5 weeks! Just ridiculous scheduling from the NFL. 

They can win their next six. Jacobs and Crosby are playing next level. Adams is Adams. Renfrow and Waller will get right and the Oline is slowly starting to gel.

KC is going to make most defenses look foolish. There will be better days. I imagine Z will be on the phone seeing if he can shore up some problem areas before the deadline. 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

I buy when the stock is low. McDaniels can coach and the tipping point is coming for him. 

For all the shortcomings, the team has had a chance in every game amidst a tough schedule. Seriously... 3 division games in 5 weeks! Just ridiculous scheduling from the NFL. 

They can win their next six. Jacobs and Crosby are playing next level. Adams is Adams. Renfrow and Waller will get right and the Oline is slowly starting to gel.

KC is going to make most defenses look foolish. There will be better days. I imagine Z will be on the phone seeing if he can shore up some problem areas before the deadline. 

Three division games and we had to play the AFC's #1 seed on the road and the NFC West champion from a year ago. 

31 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The problem with that is ... well I don't necessarily think DC is the problem personally Maybe not the solution but he isn't the reason we are 1-4 imo. Last night he went play for play against Mahomes in KC. The inconsistencies are maddening but my question is do people really think we are better with a rookie QB next year over Carr? Or do people plan on sitting the rookie day one and having DC mentor him for a season?

This roster and it's contracts are set up for a short shelf life window of 2-3 years. We may be burning one this season and next year going all in for a rookie is a very risky play. 

Meh carr has to step his tds up before I’ll say he went play for play with pat and his 4 tds. Imo We only had 2 really good legit drives last night and both ended in adams tds. 

35 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Even if we draft a QB early we don't have to start him as a rookie. But if we're in position to land a top QB then this season went completely off the rails so I can't imagine we'll keep Carr around. 

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Last week kc put up 41 on the bucs def to put it in perspective vs our ref Assisted 30pts def allowed last night

Parham and Munford are promising, hoping they can develop into solid starters. James a good starter. I still think OL could use a dominant guard…

DTs need an upgrade… 

i personally like Hobbs, Deablo, Moehrig, Rock Ya Sin. I think they are long term good starters. 

J Brown and Abram are iffy if they are long term…

Waller is over 30, could maybe draft a TE next year. Moreau prolly walks. Could also use an explosive WR

not sure what happens with Jacobs and Perryman contracts 

So my needs going into bye:

- DT

- MLB

- G

- TE2

- WR 

- SS? 

Edited by Humble_Beast

I'd say our biggest needs as of now are: 

• IOL 

• RT 

• DT 

• LB 

• S 

Corner could be a major need depending on who we bring back and we could use another outside WR but it's not a pressing need. Another pass rusher to add into the rotation wouldn't hurt either.