The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

9 hours ago, raidersedge said:

Honestly at this point Raiders might as well roll the dice on Anthony Richardson. Is it really worth it to trade picks for Rodgers who will retire in a year or two? Jimmy G is mid. After this past season where the opposing fans took over the stadium. Why not risk it all on a guy who could be must see tv? With all the elite QBs in the AFC if you don't have a true difference maker a QB, you have no chance. AR while flawed has the biggest upside. If McDaniels thinks he is this big QB guru, I say prove it. I think with good coaching Richardson should be a superstar in the NFL. 

That’s how I feel. Yolo…. Let McDaniels earn his job. If he’s a true OC, make Richardson a superstar 

1 minute ago, FloydFan said:

Dang he is really one of the worst highly touted QBs I’ve ever seen. Like I watch every Florida game because my pops is a fan and he is absolute butt cheeks. 

People see a few big throws on Twitter and are convinced he’s Josh Allen Jr. dude is not good 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I wouldn't start looking at 1st round prospects until this Rodgers situation calms down.

I want nothing to do with this FO or coaches if they give up what GB is expecting for Rodgers.  We could end up looking almost as stupid as the Broncos.  We might be giving up a 1st for every year he is on the team.  It would fit the 3 year window JMD wanted because he would probably only be with us 2 years.

1st and Waller is about as much as I’d offer a 39 year old QB. And I’m only offering Waller for the cap space. Zeigler preaching home grown talent but is going to unload high picks for an aging superstar again lol 

26 minutes ago, Geezy said:

1st and Waller is about as much as I’d offer a 39 year old QB. And I’m only offering Waller for the cap space. Zeigler preaching home grown talent but is going to unload high picks for an aging superstar again lol 

You can draft well outside the first if you're a good GM as well.

No doubt, I feel DZ added some nice pieces in last years draft. I’d just like to see what he could do at the top of the draft. Also, I don’t think trading top picks every year is a recipe for sustained success. With ARod we’d be good for 2-3 years but then we will be in the same position we are in now without a young core to take over. Can we build a defense that can compete to make the move worth it? I feel we’re so far away on that side of the ball and there’s is some quality guys that can help this year. 

i really like how the 9ers and Eagles have built their team. Inside out, and made it where it’d be very hard for a QB to not be successful. ARod is an All Timer, but it’s a Bandaid solution. We have to deal with #15 for 10-15 years. 

19 hours ago, NYRaider said:

People fall in love with athletic QBs every year but ignore the fact that accuracy is the most important factor in a QB being successful. Richardson completed 35% of his passes past the LOS this season, he’s historically inaccurate lol

I’m not questioning you on the authenticity of the 35% stat but…

is that an actual stat or you giving a more or less accurate stat off the top of your head?
 Without knowing the answer I’d tend to believe that he is a 35% past LOS passer.  

Whenever I hear people say “traits” I think of JaMarcus Russell and Kyle Boller.  That’s what drafting traits get you.  When you draft off traits your isolating one factor and ignoring the player’s combined talents.  Sure they can rifle a remarkable throw 35yds but that’s once a game on average.  Successful QBs are guys who can consistently get 1st downs.  I’ll take consistency over highlights 100% of the time.  Also, what makes anyone think McD can successfully develop such a massive project?

Edited by jimkelly02