The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

17 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

https://forums.footballsfuture.com/topic/38737-the-search-for-a-new-head-coach/?do=findComment&comment=4338302

Man, you really are mentally challenged aren't you? 

Now I feel bad for poking fun at you for your Graham fellating. Clearly no reading comprehension, research skill, common sense, and Lord only knows what else is missing between your ears. 

Then again, I also think you deserve to feel like a complete idiot for getting even the most basic of facts wrong. Try harder. 

You didn't post this in the McDaniels thread. That was the last page before locked the thread. My mistake overlooking that thread. Funny, why not bring this up last time? Instead you said you were "busy" and that's why you didn't post. 

Regardless, you gave no insight or analysis. Just a social media-esque hot take. And still said nothing about Graham's hire.

Edited by big_palooka

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You didn't post this in the McDaniels thread. That was the last page before locked the thread. My mistake overlooking that thread. Funny, why not bring this up last time? Instead you said you were "busy" and that's why you didn't post. 

Regardless, you gave no insight or analysis. Just a social media-esque hot take. And still said nothing about Graham's hire.

I never said I was too busy to post about the McDaniels hire. I said I was too busy to post about whatever trash he brought in as assistants, and cited that my very clear initial reaction to his hiring was all that needed to be said about his staff anyway. 

You're going to make yourself look really silly if you keep going. I suggest you take the L and move on. 

28 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I never said I was too busy to post about the McDaniels hire. I said I was too busy to post about whatever trash he brought in as assistants, and cited that my very clear initial reaction to his hiring was all that needed to be said about his staff anyway. 

You're going to make yourself look really silly if you keep going. I suggest you take the L and move on. 

Which is nonsense as there were some good, well respected hires on the staff. 

11 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

It was not RM's poor drafting that led to JDR's firing.  It was the politics that eventually led to players quitting on him.  The Washington game was the last straw for many players.  I really believe that Gruden got some information and cleaned house of players that quit on JDR and Carr.  That is how it looked to me.  Moves were made that did not make sense, Mark Davis came out and gave some evidence of this being a possibility in an interview, and then the emails came out giving some indication that Gruden was similar to JDR.

The team was flawed and lacked depth across the roster because he missed on a ton of picks like DJ Hayden, Karl Joseph, etc. That's the main reason they went from 12-4 one year to 6-10 the next year, just like we've seen the past two seasons. 

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The team was flawed and lacked depth across the roster because he missed on a ton of picks like DJ Hayden, Karl Joseph, etc. That's the main reason they went from 12-4 one year to 6-10 the next year, just like we've seen the past two seasons. 

Yeah, I mean, I loved JDR as a coach (I know very little about anything off field and don't care), but the team was a band-aid his years here. 

Weren't we basically the oldest team in the league age-wise under him and Reggie? Speaks to the inability to draft and develop. 

31 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yeah, I mean, I loved JDR as a coach (I know very little about anything off field and don't care), but the team was a band-aid his years here. 

Weren't we basically the oldest team in the league age-wise under him and Reggie? Speaks to the inability to draft and develop. 

Reggie's drafting was god awful, only one player from our 2017 class is in the NFL still and it's David Sharpe, who was on the Ravens practice squad this year. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Reggie's drafting was god awful, only one player from our 2017 class is in the NFL still and it's David Sharpe, who was on the Ravens practice squad this year. 

Reggie, Mayock...

Really not good drafts lately. 

Zeigler is TBD for now as we were limited on picks last year. Hope at least that much changes from recent history lol

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Reggie, Mayock...

Really not good drafts lately. 

Zeigler is TBD for now as we were limited on picks last year. Hope at least that much changes from recent history lol

It is pretty amazing how terribly we've drafted regardless of who was at the helm, Al, Reggie, and Mayock all wasted a historic amount of draft capital. 

2014 class - Only Carr is still here but on the way out

2015 class - All gone

2016 class - All gone

2017 class - All gone

2018 class - Only Kolton Miller is still here

2019 class - Only Renfrow/Crosby have long term deals, Jacobs could be back

2020 class - Only Amik is still here

2021 class - Koonce, Deablo, Hobbs, and Moehrig are still here 

So over an 8 year period only 8 of those guys are still under contract with us going into next season. 

8 hours ago, 101Raider said:

I for one have no issue with Ziegler at the moment. I don’t blame him for the issues with Carr and was genuinely excited with the moves he made last season. I’m reserving my final opinion on him till I see how a full draft pans out.

Almost every move he made looks pretty meh right now outside of the Adams trade. And all of the contracts he gave out look like bad deals outside of the Crosby/Adams deals. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I am not saying we were a great team but we beat up the Jets and the Titans and then JDR and Carr took a stand against kneeling for the National anthem while also separating themselves from the team.  Carr faced some backlash but JDR lost the locker room.  We were 14-5 (including the two games without Carr) the previous 19 games before the Commanders game and then went 4-10.  We were not the best team in the league but we were also not an under .500 team.  Davis knew he had to get rid of him.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Sounds like we're trading Carr to the Saints for #71, possibly more draft capital. Not great but I'll take it, if we end up trading #7 for Aaron Rodgers we'd still have 38, 70, 71, and 106 to find some guys that can contribute from day one.

If we trade Carr for #71 and trade #7 for Rodgers I am done.  Rodgers is better than Carr but when you factor age I do not know which one I want for the future.  If we trade Carr for #71 then trade #71 for Rodgers I will not be that angry.  I will not like it either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

I am not saying we were a great team but we beat up the Jets and the Titans and then JDR and Carr took a stand against kneeling for the National anthem while also separating themselves from the team.  Carr faced some backlash but JDR lost the locker room.  We were 14-5 (including the two games without Carr) the previous 19 games before the Commanders game and then went 4-10.  We were not the best team in the league but we were also not an under .500 team.  Davis knew he had to get rid of him.

Todd Downing also replaced Musgrave as our OC and the offense fell off of a cliff. And wasn't Carr dealing with a back injury for most of the season? 

Mark Davis wanted to get rid of JDR because he knew the fans were upset about the team deciding to move to Las Vegas but that Gruden would interject some excitement for the last couple years in Vegas and then be the face of the franchise as we moved to a new market.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Almost every move he made looks pretty meh right now outside of the Adams trade. And all of the contracts he gave out look like bad deals outside of the Crosby/Adams deals. 

Because all the other deals did not work out the Adams deal looks like a waste also.  Crosby is the only one young enough to stay long enough to build a winner.

• Like 1