The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

On 2/11/2023 at 3:46 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

I like Avila think his stock getting too rich now tho 

Yeh when I first watched him he wasn't that highly regarded really but he's been rocketing up draft boards and out of my ideal Interior Oline range too

Edited by Darbsk

On 2/10/2023 at 1:26 PM, Darbsk said:

Haha, apologies :)

Anyone have any thoughts on the following players who have caught my eye:

Lukas Van Ness DE out of Iowa 

Steve Avila OG out of TCU

Karl Brooks DT out of Bowling Green

Brandon Joseph S out of Notre Dame

I’d take a shot on Karl Brooks If were talking round 5 and beyond.  
production, size, and movement skills are all their.  I’d definitely take a flier on him!
I’m a big Notre Dame fan and was really high on Joseph while at NWern, albeit I hadn’t studied him that closely, but he slipped a good bit IMO.  I have to go back and really look into him but as of now I have a 3rd round graDe on him.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm bored and have been looking up prospects who would pose good day 3 value.  Does anyone know anything about Rakim Jarrett WR out of Maryland?  He may pose good value in the 4th or 5th round.   

Jarrett is definitely high on my rounds 4-5 list.  I think he’s a little bit under 6-0 and his speed testing will be big for him.  But I think he has potential to be a solid 3/4 WR working in the slot predominantly.  While he has limited play as a returner I think he could have a value there as well.

Don't like trades in mocks as you just never quite know who could be moved, but I took a TE w/ the anticipation of potentially moving Waller. 

Top 6 went: Paris Johnson, Stroud, Anderson, Young, Richardson, Murphy. 

7. Jalen Carter- anchor the DL

38. JL Skinner- someone on the back end that can keep the physicality with TEs. I'm tired of TEs abusing us. 

70. Cameron Latu- solid TE option, would like to try and move Waller and grab another day 2 picks, though I know that's not up everyone's alley. Absent that, my backup at 70 was Demarvion Overshown, the LB from Texas

109. Mohamoud Diabate- LB. Utah puts some good defenders in the league these days. If Overshown was the pick at 70, Luke Schoomaker, the TE from Michigan was available and would've been the pick. 

143. Garrett Williams- CB depth/ see below

146. Noah Daniels- CB depth. Hobbs, Ya-Sin, Williams, Daniels, Amik* looks like a decent start to overhaul the CB group and stop relying on last minute cast-offs from elsewhere. 

174. Jadon Hasselwood- big WR, similar size to Mack Hollins, but more upside. Hollins is already pushing 30, and while not a bad #2, he's not a long term option. 

204. Zion Nelson- underrated OT depth

214. Mohamed Ibrahim- depth RB. I've said before McDaniels could squeeze blood from a turnip with RBs and Ibrahim just strikes me as one of those Shane Vereen types he could work wonders with. 

222. Matthew Bedford- IOL depth

233. Joe Tukuafu- IOL depth 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Geezy said:

Wonder what it’s take to move up to 3 

https://raiderramble.com/2023/02/13/raiders-7-round-mock-draft-vegas-trades-up-for-qb-c-j-stroud/

rando mock draft has us sending:

1st, 3rd, 5th and 2024 2nd & 3rd round picks for #3 and taking Stroud.

Using our 2nd for Darnell Wright.

granted doesn’t help our defense, but I’d be totally for this…

Edited by 101Raider
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Don't like trades in mocks as you just never quite know who could be moved, but I took a TE w/ the anticipation of potentially moving Waller. 

Top 6 went: Paris Johnson, Stroud, Anderson, Young, Richardson, Murphy. 

7. Jalen Carter- anchor the DL

38. JL Skinner- someone on the back end that can keep the physicality with TEs. I'm tired of TEs abusing us. 

70. Cameron Latu- solid TE option, would like to try and move Waller and grab another day 2 picks, though I know that's not up everyone's alley. Absent that, my backup at 70 was Demarvion Overshown, the LB from Texas

109. Mohamoud Diabate- LB. Utah puts some good defenders in the league these days. If Overshown was the pick at 70, Luke Schoomaker, the TE from Michigan was available and would've been the pick. 

143. Garrett Williams- CB depth/ see below

146. Noah Daniels- CB depth. Hobbs, Ya-Sin, Williams, Daniels, Amik* looks like a decent start to overhaul the CB group and stop relying on last minute cast-offs from elsewhere. 

174. Jadon Hasselwood- big WR, similar size to Mack Hollins, but more upside. Hollins is already pushing 30, and while not a bad #2, he's not a long term option. 

204. Zion Nelson- underrated OT depth

214. Mohamed Ibrahim- depth RB. I've said before McDaniels could squeeze blood from a turnip with RBs and Ibrahim just strikes me as one of those Shane Vereen types he could work wonders with. 

222. Matthew Bedford- IOL depth

233. Joe Tukuafu- IOL depth 

I’ll cry if we land Carter at #7

4 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Dude, same. Not even gonna lie. 

It's not out of the realm of possibility yet. 🤞🤞

Only way I can see it happening: 

Bears - Anderson

Texans - Young

Cardinals - Wilson 

Colts - Stroud 

Seahawks - Murphy 

Lions - Gonzalez / Witherspoon 

I think there’s a good chance the Cardinals, Seahawks, or Lions will take him though. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Only way I can see it happening: 

Bears - Anderson

Texans - Young

Cardinals - Wilson 

Colts - Stroud 

Seahawks - Murphy 

Lions - Gonzalez / Witherspoon 

I think there’s a good chance the Cardinals, Seahawks, or Lions will take him though. 

In the mock I did, Bears took Anderson, Texans took Stroud, Cardinals took Paris Johnson, Colts took Young, Seahawks took Murphy, and the Lions traded with Washington who took Richardson. 

Options I was eyeballing were Carter as he fell, Gonzalez, Levis. I just can't get into Levis that much though, and while I love Gonzalez and wish he remained a second rounder for us, couldn't pass up Carter with how it played out. 

3 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

In the mock I did, Bears took Anderson, Texans took Stroud, Cardinals took Paris Johnson, Colts took Young, Seahawks took Murphy, and the Lions traded with Washington who took Richardson. 

Options I was eyeballing were Carter as he fell, Gonzalez, Levis. I just can't get into Levis that much though, and while I love Gonzalez and wish he remained a second rounder for us, couldn't pass up Carter with how it played out. 

Cardinals already have a LT so I don’t really see them going Johnson at #3. They’ll probably go edge if they pass on Carter.