The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

31 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Fwiw, not all comparisons are necessarily ***-for-tat physical ones. 

IE: To me, the Richardson/Lock one, as I said, focuses more on the circumstances and narratives. Lock was, at one point, ballyhooed as a potential 1.1 pick before it settled into typical first rounder, and ultimately slid as his game was critiqued. We're seeing a similar situation with Richardson- much ballyhooed  early on as people salivated over him, but now that his game is being critiqued, it's much easier to see him as a faller. 

Micro vs macro, if you will. 

I think they’re pretty different as prospects though. Lock was a three year starter and didn’t take a leap during his final season so his stock dropped.  

Richardson’s lack of tape might actually help his stock because there’s not as much to dissect. He didn’t play well this year and somehow keeps rising up boards. He reminds me more of Trey Lance as a prospect than Lock, I think he’ll end up going top 10.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think they’re pretty different as prospects though. Lock was a three year starter and didn’t take a leap during his final season so his stock dropped.  

Richardson’s lack of tape might actually help his stock because there’s not as much to dissect. He didn’t play well this year and somehow keeps rising up boards. He reminds me more of Trey Lance as a prospect than Lock, I think he’ll end up going top 10.

Ted Nguyen likes him for what it’s worth. He makes unbelievable plays and has a solid foundation. If the colts or Panthers sign Carr and they draft him he’d be in a great spot. Give him the Mahomes treatment and he could be something special. In LV though, there’s be a lot of pressure to start asap. 

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Ted Nguyen likes him for what it’s worth. He makes unbelievable plays and has a solid foundation. If the colts or Panthers sign Carr and they draft him he’d be in a great spot. Give him the Mahomes treatment and he could be something special. In LV though, there’s be a lot of pressure to start asap. 

I think Detroit or Seattle would be an ideal landing spot for Richardson. Both teams have 2 FRPs this year and good but not elite veteran starters. For a team like the Lions he could be the piece that puts them over the top.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Tinfoil hat time

say chi takes a qb #1

would y’all trade #7 for fields?

I might be in the minority here, but yes.

Fields has proven he has ability. He’s not set the league on fire as a passer yet, but look at the absolute trash he has had at WR in Chicago. As a dynamic threat who could be developed further as a passer, I think he is easily worth #7.

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Fields has proven he has ability. He’s not set the league on fire as a passer yet, but look at the absolute trash he has had at WR in Chicago. As a dynamic threat who could be developed further as a passer, I think he is easily worth #7.

I think I agree with this. Give him LVs weapons and he might be pretty good.  But I wouldn’t just offer a first, but if the Bears were hardline about sure. 

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I’d do it also 

9 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Tinfoil hat time

say chi takes a qb #1

the biggest reason I say no is because hes going onto year 3. . so we already miss out on the rookie contract. 
Fields is still growing, so while yes it would be exciting, I dont expect him to carry a team next year. 
so year 4 would be his best shot, and then would want a big contract. 

I dont think we are ready with Fields. Although it would be exciting no doubt. 
If we got their secnd round pick back or something id be way more tempted

Opening up to Levis at 7. We get the benefit of having a QB on a rookie contract, have tons of cap space to add veterans that fill holes and get to keep draft capital to add in house talent. Levis is a little boom or bust, but if McDaniels is who he is supposed to be Levis is the type of prospect he should be able to mold. This is me going all in on the new regime and trying to build something sustainable. Rodgers will take picks and cap and is too old/wishy washy, Stroud and Young will take too much to move up for, Jimmy G is only a stop gap. 
resign Stiddy, give him the opportunity to beat out Levis year one and earn a starting role somewhere else. Depending how Stiddy does Levis sits 6-8 weeks or even the season to learn a complex offense. 
Im hoping Mark is smart enough where at least something like this is an option. Tired of the bandaids.

would love one of the top edges at 7, but let’s be real this is a QB driven league. The benefit of staying at 7 is we get to keep our 2nd, where there should be DL still available this year.

Edited by Geezy
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Opening up to Levis at 7. We get the benefit of having a QB on a rookie contract, have tons of cap space to add veterans that fill holes and get to keep draft capital to add in house talent. Levis is a little boom or bust, but if McDaniels is who he is supposed to be Levis is the type of prospect he should be able to mold. This is me going all in on the new regime and trying to build something sustainable. Rodgers will take picks and cap and is too old/wishy washy, Stroud and Young will take too much to move up for, Jimmy G is only a stop gap. 
resign Stiddy, give him the opportunity to beat out Levis year one and earn a starting role somewhere else. Depending how Stiddy does Levis sits 6-8 weeks or even the season to learn a complex offense. 
Im hoping Mark is smart enough where at least something like this is an option. Tired of the bandaids.

would love one of the top edges at 7, but let’s be real this is a QB driven league. The benefit of staying at 7 is we get to keep our 2nd, where there should be DL still available this year.

I wouldn't hate Levis, but I'd really rather slide down a few spots and grab him + something. 

Depends on who all is available at 7 and what the pulse is though. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I wouldn't hate Levis, but I'd really rather slide down a few spots and grab him + something. 

Depends on who all is available at 7 and what the pulse is though. 

Even better. Going to have to wait and see where the FA QBs land. 

12 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Tinfoil hat time

say chi takes a qb #1

8 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I think Fields has some potential but the 7th pick is way too rich for me. For one if the Bears are trading him it’s because they don’t value him as a potential franchise guy going forward. He’s definitely dynamic as a runner but it’s hard for me to get behind investing a top 10 pick into a QB that struggles as a passer. He only threw for 200 yards twice all of this season, struggles with accuracy, and looked like a complete bust until the Bears dumbed down the scheme and just used him almost purely as a runner. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

I can see this happening too. Though I suspect we’ll be looking at Garrapolo and Levis. Just a hunch

for the record, this is not what I want to happen. I’d prefer we traded out and continued trading back (Patriot style) to stock up on early 2nd/3rd rounders, focus on building the lines  and acquire capital for next year (address our qb situation then). 

Edited by 101Raider