The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Wut I never said that? 

The entire discussion stemmed from him saying that Hooker destroys Cunningham athletically. I've never said Hooker is a bad athlete, he's just not the same level of athlete as RC and certainly not "destroying him athletically" 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The entire discussion stemmed from him saying that Hooker destroys Cunningham athletically. I've never said Hooker is a bad athlete, he's just not the same level of athlete as RC and certainly not "destroying him athletically" 

Different QBs but kid has to do something in the league before I compare him to Randall. RC was a GOAT. 

Edited by FloydFan

AR15/Young or Christian Gonzalez is who I am hoping for. Done with draft stuff til draft day. I think Gonzalez will be there at 7 for sure.

At least we no longer have to worry about drafting Leatherwood’s and Arnette’s in the 1st Round. Gruden and Cable truly were awful in the draft. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

AR15/Young or Christian Gonzalez is who I am hoping for. Done with draft stuff til draft day. I think Gonzalez will be there at 7 for sure.

At least we no longer have to worry about drafting Leatherwood’s and Arnette’s in the 1st Round. Gruden and Cable truly were awful in the draft. 

For real honestly. We all won’t agree on the prospect we draft obviously but I have a good feeling that at least the days of jaw dropping reaches that make us all go WTF are over and we will be taking someone that is appropriately slotted for where they are drafted. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Mayne, the prospect we've been linked to the most is Will Levis. 

15 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

For real honestly. We all won’t agree on the prospect we draft obviously but I have a good feeling that at least the days of jaw dropping reaches that make us all go WTF are over and we will be taking someone that is appropriately slotted for where they are drafted. 

I am fully prepared for Gonzalez, Carter, and/or Wilson to be on the board and for us to take Will Levis.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I am fully prepared for Gonzalez, Carter, and/or Wilson to be on the board and for us to take Will Levis.

To be fair if they view Levis as a franchise QB that will be the future of the team they are totally justified taking him at 7. You already know I don’t like Levis, but if that’s how they view him I can’t hate the value there. It’s where he has been projected to go all along. 

• Like 1

Just now, FloydFan said:

To be fair if they view Levis as a franchise QB that will be the future of the team they are totally justified taking him at 7. You already know I don’t like Levis, but if that’s how they view him I can’t hate the value there. It’s where he has been projected to go all along. 

I'll be irate if they take Levis at #7 to be honest, just knowing that it eliminates our chance of landing Maye/Caleb next year and the very real possibility that JMD/DZ won't even be here much longer. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

If the Raiders don’t select Levi’s, he’s falling outside the Top 15. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'll be irate if they take Levis at #7 to be honest, just knowing that it eliminates our chance of landing Maye/Caleb next year and the very real possibility that JMD/DZ won't even be here much longer. 

I’m not gonna be happy either lmao. If that happens I’m going to be very skeptical, but like I said if they view him as the guy I get it, even if I don’t agree with it.