The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Witherspoon is tiny in terms of height, length, and weight. The weight is concerning to me with how physical that he plays. 

He’s hardly tiny. He’s a half inch short of six feet in old money and 181 LBs, he’s no Demarcus Van Dyke or Amik Robertson for sure, though he ought to put on a little mass no doubt.

Why do so many use such bad hyperbole on here? You’re weakening your own points by exaggerating out of proportion. 

If you don’t think he can put on and keep good mass then fine, I think he can relatively easily given his frame.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

He’s hardly tiny. He’s a half inch short of six feet in old money and 181 LBs, he’s no Demarcus Van Dyke or Amik Robertson for sure, though he ought to put on a little mass no doubt.

Why do so many use such bad hyperbole on here? You’re weakening your own points by exaggerating out of proportion. 

If you don’t think he can put on and keep good mass then fine, I think he can relatively easily given his frame.

xnrmNab.png

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Move on from the overrated franchise guy (Cutler / Carr), replace him with a safer but probably worse version (Orton / Jimmy), draft a project Qb that will probably bust from UF (Tebow / Richardson). 

Don’t forget trading away the go to receiver. 

I’m glad to see we’re on schedule. 

19 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I agree that you can use a backup that you develop. But as I said it's just a risky proposition to take someone later on that's expected to be the QB2 for us this season considering Jimmy's injury history and the fact that they completely ignored the OL in free agency. 

I feel you. But how much better would a guy like Richardson or Levis be if they were rushed into the starting job?  Let’s be honest the only reason those dudes are valued as 1st round talent is because of their measurables. They need time to marinate to learn the offense and how to be a pro QB. 

Now the other place they neglected was the defense and there are a few blue chip players available to them at the position. It’s not exciting but I rather take a guy whose limited physically in later rounds with a stud defender in the first over Richardson or Levis. 

1 minute ago, Chali21 said:

I feel you. But how much better would a guy like Richardson or Levis be if they were rushed into the starting job?  Let’s be honest the only reason those dudes are valued as 1st round talent is because of their measurables. They need time to marinate to learn the offense and how to be a pro QB. 

Now the other place they neglected was the defense and there are a few blue chip players available to them at the position. It’s not exciting but I rather take a guy whose limited physically in later rounds with a stud defender in the first over Richardson or Levis. 

I'd prefer just to bring in a veteran regardless so we're at least kind of okay if Jimmy gets hurt.

13 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He can be Carlos Dunlap

Where have I heard this before..... oh that's right, Clelin Ferrell when everyone tried to justify that pick. He was Paul Guenthers Carlos Dunlap.

I agree with @RaidersAreOne I'm out on Wilson at 7. You need traits drafting that high and he lacks them. Slow first step, not overly twitchy. Not falling for that again in the top 10 after Ferrell. 

• Like 1

I am not a fan of Devon Witherspoon in the top 10. I think he's really technically sound and has very good instincts, but he does not have the movement skills nor the size of a guy who should go in the top 10. Gonzalez is a tier above him, but I like Witherspoon more than the field.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd prefer just to bring in a veteran regardless so we're at least kind of okay if Jimmy gets hurt.

Minshew at 3.5? I will say he probably preferred a chance to start. However, with JG he stood a pretty chance to get solid playtime.👍

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Where have I heard this before..... oh that's right, Clelin Ferrell when everyone tried to justify that pick. He was Paul Guenthers Carlos Dunlap.

I agree with @RaidersAreOne I'm out on Wilson at 7. You need traits drafting that high and he lacks them. Slow first step, not overly twitchy. Not falling for that again in the top 10 after Ferrell. 

Stroud, Anderson,Carter or Gonzales.....anyone else and I’m searching high n low for the trade down.....jus sayin. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I remember you also telling me Jaelan Phillips/Christian Barmore weren't good prospects and Haason Reddick wasn't worth pursuing because his production was a fluke. lol