The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

Man I’m all over the place, not sure where we’re going or how it’ll end up. I think Zeigler plays it safe and goes after solid prospects without many warts to help build a solid foundation. Not sure if they can afford big swings and misses. 

Agree. I think he’ll go very safe. I am expecting Skoronski. As clean and technically sound a prospect as you can get. 

Just watched the Tape Don’t Lie mock - and Marcus Johnson projects them taking him for this reason. That and the track record the Pats had when taking clean but slightly lesser athlete OL and turning them into long serving pros.

Made me feel a little better if they do go that route!!

4 minutes ago, Geezy said:

I just don’t see how we trade up much with all of our holes. Unless they absolutely love the guy. 

Rumored the Titans are the ones trading up. But I am sure the Raiders and Commanders are in some kind of talks with it. 

Gut is telling me Gonzalez, but I’d be torn if him and Wilson are on the board. Carter has a chance to drop but I don’t see him being Zeigs first frp, too risky. Would like a trade back that adds a 24 frp and a day 2. 

• Like 1

My prediction:

1. Bryce Young

2. Will anderson

3. Stroud (Tennessee)

4. Richardson 

5. Jalen Carter

6. Devon Witherspoon

7. Christian Gonzalez (us)

Though if Jalen Carter is there, I wouldn't be surprised if we trade down to 10 for Skoronski/Wilson/Nolan Smith.

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

My prediction:

1. Bryce Young

2. Will anderson

3. Stroud (Tennessee)

4. Richardson 

5. Jalen Carter

6. Devon Witherspoon

Though if Jalen Carter is there, I wouldn't be surprised if we trade down to 10 for Skoronski/Wilson/Nolan Smith.

Replace Richardson with Levis and this is basically what Vegas is claiming happens pick for pick. 

If we pass up Richardson for a Corner, I'm gonna be heated. Even though I love Gonzalez.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

My prediction:

1. Bryce Young

2. Will anderson

3. Stroud (Tennessee)

4. Richardson 

5. Jalen Carter

6. Devon Witherspoon

Really would hate Skoronski at 7, but if it comes with a trade down I could certainly live with it (though I'd have absolutely gone a different route)

• Like 1