The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

9 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

We need a stud DT. Someone to be a force in the inside. Reminds me of the Mack days 

If the team had any resemblance of pass rush on the interior, Crosby's sack numbers would double. Feel for Maxx. He is a nonstop player with a to of heart. Wins consistently but the QB can step up easily because there is no interior push. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

If the team had any resemblance of pass rush on the interior, Crosby's sack numbers would double. Feel for Maxx. He is a nonstop player with a to of heart. Wins consistently but the QB can step up easily because there is no interior push. 

Yep, being wasted, could’ve gone with someone besides Jones who cost less and added impact with suh. Instead we got an old ex patriot and Nichols. I wanted to be optimistic but the realist inside knew better.  

58 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Yep, being wasted, could’ve gone with someone besides Jones who cost less and added impact with suh. Instead we got an old ex patriot and Nichols. I wanted to be optimistic but the realist inside knew better.  

It's been 3 weeks. Let's be patient.

They should have Jones on a pitch count honestly to keep him fresh. Let Ferrell and Koonce get some run. 

12 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It's been 3 weeks. Let's be patient.

They should have Jones on a pitch count honestly to keep him fresh. Let Ferrell and Koonce get some run. 

I’m certainly trying and I know its a long season BP, and I agree with the bottom for sure. But let’s face it, it already seems like the ex pats have a long *** leash. And none of us were sold on our DL rotation. No one, and so far (yeah only 3 wks) we were spot on. The stubbornness really gets me. Koonce came in , made an outstanding play.....,and.....crickets! SMH! That’s why I’m frustrated.....we all saw this coming.

17 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Or maybe play Koonce 

Absolutely, what in gods green earth do we have to lose? Hell, I’d take Koonce and bower over Jones rt now. It was a risky signing at his age, and costly and so far? At best he should be on a count like bp mentioned. And at worst retire, but why when you’re pulling in that salary? Lol + smh!! 

Edited by Devilshark69

4 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

Absolutely, what in gods green earth do we have to lose? Hell, I’d take Koonce and bower over Jones rt now. It was a risky signing at his age, and costly and so far? At best he should be on a count like bp mentioned. And at worst retire, but why when you’re pulling in that salary? Lol + smh!! 

Only jmd scholarship player I like so far is Harmon everyone else Lolol 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 7:50 AM, big_palooka said:

For the bolded reason alone, I want us to take the best available pass-rushing DT in the 1st Round (regardless of what selection we end up with). That would lead to us winning more games by itself.

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Just watched the Kentucky vs Ole Miss game.

Levis has a very impressive arm. But his pocket awareness and escape ability leave much to be desired. He needs a clean pocket to function. Ole Miss was destroying Kentucky's O-line today.

2 hours ago, Steins Gate said:

Just watched the Kentucky vs Ole Miss game.

Levis has a very impressive arm. But his pocket awareness and escape ability leave much to be desired. He needs a clean pocket to function. Ole Miss was destroying Kentucky's O-line today.

So Carr 2.0