ROY Predictions

onejayhawk

21 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

The Jets situation is completely different. Instead of an elite QB, they have a medicre one. Instead of a single RB getting 2/3 of the carries, they have a committee. Instead of being a SB contender, they will struggle to break .500. The Jets are the team that must make a major change to their offensive philosophy but they are also the team motivated to shake things up. For Hall to win RoY the Jets need to make him the undisputed lead RB and save Coleman, Carter, and Johnson for situational use. If it will take some weight off of Zack Wilson, they might do exactly that. 

22 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

And I really shouldn't have to explain why one rookie RB is not going to come in and immediately absorb the entire production of three others. All the other guys remain on the roster. They will not instantaneously forget Michael Carter exists because Hall is there, unless we're projecting Hall to be an instant all-pro. And even if they do, the Jets offense is still probably not going to be good enough for them to run the ball that much, and score enough, for Hall's statline to pop.

I really don't expect Johnson/Coleman to play a factor in the Jets rushing attack, Coleman might not even make the roster and Johnson is a 3rd down back. The Jets ran the ball less than any team in the league last season but their primary back was a 5th round rookie in Carter and they lost Becton early in the season. 

Assuming that Becton is healthy their OL should be a pretty solid run blocking unit with him back, AVT in year 2, and the addition of Tomlinson at OG. 

Their OC comes from the Shanahan tree so I really wouldn't be surprised if Hall just gets a ton of touches. We've seen other teams that had mediocre running games draft RB's early and then make them bell cows over the last couple of years. The Raiders did it with Josh Jacobs, the Steelers did it with Najee Harris, the Giants did it with Saquan, and the Rams did it with Gurley.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Does ETN count as a rookie since he didn't play last season? I don't think Robinson will be at 100% even if he comes back early on in the season. ETN also has great pass catching ability so he doesn't necessarily need to rush for a ton of yards to produce, could be like Kamara when he won it.

Kamara won in a year when no WR and no QB stood out. His competition was Kareem Hunt and it was fairly close. This season there do not seem to be any QBs in the running. The only WR who might go nuts is Christian Watson. Skyy Moore is the most NFL ready and he's got Patrick Mahomes throwing him the ball, but it's a very deep WR depth chart. Green Bay is the opposite. Everyone knows they lost Devante Adams but they also lost Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Kansas City. There is no one above Watson on the depth chart and we know that Rodgers can throw the deep ball.

However, I think it will come down to the biggest impact by a RB. 

12 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

The only WR who might go nuts is Christian Watson. Skyy Moore is the most NFL ready and he's got Patrick Mahomes throwing him the ball, but it's a very deep WR depth chart. Green Bay is the opposite. Everyone knows they lost Devante Adams but they also lost Marquez Valdes-Scantling to Kansas City. There is no one above Watson on the depth chart and we know that Rodgers can throw the deep ball.

I disagree that the only WR who can go nuts is Christian Watson. He was never a high volume target guy at NDSU, he was more of a deep threat and only had 105 receptions in 52 career games. I think that he'll be used more in an MVS role where he doesn't see a crazy amount of targets but does make some big plays. 

MVS was the most productive rookie WR that Rodgers has ever played with and he put up 38/581/2.

I think Chris Olave, Alec Pierce, and Jahan Dotson are all in spots that they can have pretty productive rookie seasons.

Edited by NYRaider

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I disagree that the only WR who can go nuts is Christian Watson. He was never a high volume target guy at NDSU, he was more of a deep threat and only had 105 receptions in 52 career games. I think that he'll be used more in an MVS role where he doesn't see a crazy amount of targets but does make some big plays. 

MVS was the most productive rookie WR that Rodgers has ever played with and he put up 38/581/2.

I think Chris Olave, Alec Pierce, and Jahan Dotson are all in spots that they can have pretty productive rookie seasons.

I don't disagree. I said Watson was the one who might have be superproductive which is what it takes. Looking at the others--Williams has trouble staying on the field, London, Wilson, Dotson, Burks, etc. have QB issues, Pierce is the 12th WR drafted for good reason. He may be a good WR1 someday but probably not this season. They one I give you is Olave--solid QB, an opening in the depth chart, quality tools. Still, I don't see anyone likely to get 1300 yards which seems to be the minimum.

1 minute ago, onejayhawk said:

I don't disagree. I said Watson was the one who might have be superproductive which is what it takes. Looking at the others--Williams has trouble staying on the field, London, Wilson, Dotson, Burks, etc. have QB issues, Pierce is the 12th WR drafted for good reason. He may be a good WR1 someday but probably not this season. They one I give you is Olave--solid QB, an opening in the depth chart, quality tools. Still, I don't see anyone likely to get 1300 yards which seems to be the minimum.

Wentz and Tannehill aren't great but they'll both likely pass for around 4,000 yards next year and they've had WR's produce big seasons playing with them.

St.Brown and McLaurin were both mid round picks that produced as rookies. Pierce is going to a Colts offense with Matt Ryan where he's clearly the #2 option in the passing game without much competition for targets outside of Pittman.

I love how Pierce can't be a productive #1 because he was the 12th WR taken (in the 2nd round) but Watson can as the 7th WR taken in the 2nd round as well, lol.

41 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Wentz and Tannehill aren't great but they'll both likely pass for around 4,000 yards next year and they've had WR's produce big seasons playing with them.

The thing with the Titans is just how thin they are at WR. Woods is the only other real talent at the position, and he’s coming off of an ACL.

Burks is almost guaranteed to be force fed the ball.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

London, Wilson, Dotson, Burks, etc. have QB issues

3 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

They one I give you is Olave--solid QB

I mean, Jameis is a fringe starter in this league coming off an ACL injury. Don’t see how Tannehill gives his team QB issues, but Jameis is solid.

3 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I mean, Jameis is a fringe starter in this league coming off an ACL injury. Don’t see how Tannehill gives his team QB issues, but Jameis is solid.

Tannehill is solid. He's just not better than that. The problem with Olave is the team offensive concept. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

OROY Odds:

Kenny Pickett +500
Treylon Burks +700
Drake London +700
Breece Hall +800
Christian Watson +800

DROY Odds:

Aidan Hutchinson +500
Kayvon Thibodeaux +550
Travon Walker +600
Devin Lloyd +900