Ryan Poles general evaluation and opinions

JAF-N72EX

13 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

1) I did say I don't expect some to answer and it turns out I was right because here you are. Thanks.

2) Expecting someone to answer your question when you haven't answered theirs is very weird.

3) I give Poles credit where it's due and I have already answered your question that you can find using the search feature.

4) Do better. If you don't want to answer the question then ignore the thread altogether because you are doing nothing to further the conversation here.

You should use this for yourself, they answered your question even though they have said it multiple times before. So why didn't you use the search feature. And doing nothing to further the conversation because you won't answer the question.

And I have aid what I haven't like with Poles, so go use the search feature for that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blkwdw13 said:

they answered your question even though they have said it multiple times before. So why didn't you use the search feature. And doing nothing to further the conversation because you won't answer the question.

And I have aid what I haven't like with Poles, so go use the search feature for that.

Do better.

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Really this is a wash at worst right now, Robinson isn't doing good but he is still better than what ever passing offense the Baers are attempting. The rest are even or out performing what was lost.

The point he's making is about comp picks. If Poles had completely punted FA, Bears would have some extra picks (3RP at best). You could argue the Bears' signings haven't made much of a difference so far. They certainly could have signed similar players after the comp pick deadline in early May.

It's a bit unrealistic to expect a team to completely punt FA though. Would be an interesting strategy, but I can't remember a team ever doing that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, abstract_thought said:

The point he's making is about comp picks. If Poles had completely punted FA, Bears would have some extra picks (3RP at best). You could argue the Bears' signings haven't made much of a difference so far. They certainly could have signed similar players after the comp pick deadline in early May.

It's a bit unrealistic to expect a team to completely punt FA though. Would be an interesting strategy, but I can't remember a team ever doing that.

These arguments are all kind of dumb.....waaayy too much over analyzing..

Like, really....the compensatory picks would have been better than Muhammad, Pringle, Patrick, and Justin Jones? That's 4 starters.....they have been injured but you guys are crazy to think 4 compensatory picks would start....injuries just suck

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

Like, really....the compensatory picks would have been better than Muhammad, Pringle, Patrick, and Justin Jones? That's 4 starters.....they have been injured but you guys are crazy to think 4 compensatory picks would start....injuries just suck

Muhammad only has 8 tackles and zero TFLs in 118 snaps.....yeah you can find an equal or better replacement in comps.

Pringle has 2 catches for 33 yards....yeah you can find and equal or better replacement in comps.

Justin Jones has 1 sack and 1 TFL in 128 snaps.....up for debate but certainly possible.

Patrick may be the only one.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

Have you seen the list of FA that was available in June? And even the guys who are still available now?

You can sign capable starters in June and not ruin the comp pick formula.

• Like 1

On 9/27/2022 at 6:12 PM, JAF-N72EX said:

Muhammad only has 8 tackles and zero TFLs in 118 snaps.....yeah you can find an equal or better replacement in comps.

Pringle has 2 catches for 33 yards....yeah you can find and equal or better replacement in comps.

Justin Jones has 1 sack and 1 TFL in 128 snaps.....up for debate but certainly possible.

Patrick may be the only one.

I just don't know who these comp picks are that you are talking about....and don't just google "most successful comp picks" haha

Like really tell me the late comp picks you would like starting as a rookie over Just in Jones and Muhammad?

38 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

I just don't know who these comp picks are that you are talking about....and don't just google "most successful comp picks" haha

Like really tell me the late comp picks you would like starting as a rookie over Just in Jones and Muhammad?

Are you really arguing that you can't find anyone to catch 2 passes for 33 yards and make 8 tackles in 3 games? 😆

Hell, I can find that on our own team!  Armon Watts was a UDFA he has 3 tackles and Robinson was a 5th round pick and he has 5 tackles and a half a sack more than Jones and both of them have played half as many snaps.

Fun Fact: There are currently 112 WRs with more catches than Pringle. This includes our own Equal St Micheals.

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Are you really arguing that you can't find anyone to catch 2 passes for 33 yards and make 8 tackles in 3 games? 😆

Hell, I can find that on our own team!  Armon Watts was a UDFA he has 3 tackles and Robinson was a 5th round pick and he has 5 tackles and a half a sack more than Jones and both of them have played half as many snaps.

Fun Fact: There are currently 112 WRs with more catches than Pringle. This includes our own Equal St Micheals.

The GM can't do a god damn thing wrong

50 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Part of me wonders if Poles thought we had a chance to even go into the 2nd quarter of the season 3-1, I sure as hell didn't think that was possible before. Maybe that is why he was not pursuing older vets, I really feel like this was the first year for Pace - scrap the old and find what to keep, and then try to make a big splash in year 2. Now we are sitting with a chance to be 3-1 and the next like 4-5 very winnable games - even with this roster. If we had loaded up talent to help Fields we might be damn near guaranteed to walk into the playoffs. 

Definitely agree with your assessment on their performance though. Hell you could put Landon Collins as a LB, Hightower out there, or even King at NB to get more than 8 tackles in 3 games. If just looking at DT then Suh or Richardson could just as well though, and would have helped our porous run defense. 

If OBJ looks like he is healing well would you try to lure him here to pair with Fields for the next 2-3 years? I think he's a head case but Hill, Adams, Brown and Cooper all being traded and Juju, Chark and Lazard (likely missing an obvious one but still) being the "top" of the FA class atm I would try to lock him up. Maybe you can draft a guy or get Juju if the KC experiment fails to get OBJ, Juju, Mooney as you X, Y, and Z.

Poles sitting on his hands might force him to make a gamble now. 

• Like 2