Ryan Poles general evaluation and opinions

JAF-N72EX

14 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I don't think that's how it works. Too late for that. Plus didn't Pringle only sign for 1-year?

doesn't matter how long the term, just the AAV. the deadline is normally october/november. best example is when we cut mike davis in the middle a few years back because we weren't using him and we ended up getting our expected 4th rounder back (that we then traded for foles, but thats another issue)

On 10/4/2022 at 12:53 AM, JAF-N72EX said:

Poles free agent signings;

FB Khari Blasingame:  Truth be told, he's the best signing so far and you know it's bad when A FULLBACK is your best signing in 2022.

TE Ryan Griffin:  Honestly, he's been missed. But that's strictly because of the talent depth below him.

WR Byron Pringle:  Has 2 catches for 33 yards and is injured again. Couldn't even produce enough with Mahomes as a 5th option and wasn't even offered a 2nd contract, despite the Chiefs losing their #1 WR and being short in the WR room.  But I was told this was such a great signing and that he was an ascending player (despite film saying otherwise).

WR Equantiouns St Francis:  Has 4 catches on 11 targets. Couldn't even produce enough with Rodgers as a 3rd option and wasn't even offered a 2nd contract, despite the Packers losing their #1 WR and being short in the WR room.  Notice a theme here?

TE O' Hennessy: Didn't even make it thru camp

WR David Moore: Same as above. 

CB Tavon Young:  I thought this was a good risk signing, but it wasn't.  Always had a huge upside as a NB but was never healthy in Baltimore and this carried over. Only practiced twice all offseason and has yet to play a snap.

QB Trevor Sieman:  Cmon.  Let's be honest.... Mitch, Foles, and Dalton are better backup QBs than he is at this stage of his career.  Can't wait to see him when Fields goes down getting hit so much.

OL Lucas Patrick:  Another one I was hoping to succeed, but hasn't.

DL AQM: He's terrible on all levels. Can't play the run or pass on a consistent basis.

LB Nicholas Morrow:  Name one good play he made this season?  Me either.  But I can name three bad plays off top.

DL Justin Jones:  Same as above.

OL Dakota Dozier: Are you serious?

DL Dane Cruikshank: Are you serious?

OL Julién Davenport: Another player who didn't it make thru camp and if ANY offensive lineman can't make it on this team then they are trash. And yet, he was only signed because of his ties to Indy and Eberflus like others. This gives us a little insight on Flus' player evaluation. 

LB Matt Adams: He hasn't done anything notable but I don't expect him to either.  He's playing SAM in nickel defense so he isn't going get alot of snaps anyways. But I will say, I would prefer the staff to see what Sanborn can do over him. Adams is not part of the long term plan and they know it. So why not try out a young player who could possibly be one?  What difference would it make?

Griffin looked good in camp, particularly his blocking.  Is he hurt? 

Blasingame is good.  

Jones is just a guy, but isn't horrible. 

Patrick is most disappointing, but not surprising.  His tape was not good at guard and hasn't been good with Bears.   He was not bad as a center with help.    

Morrow has been below average, but when dline isn't that good the ILBs typically always look bad.   Just way it works. 

Dozier, Cruikshank and Davenport are busts from start with no good tape, but lots of bad tape.  I don't know why you sign them.  That is baffling.

St. Brown you hope something you saw in college translates in a new setting, but you have to know it is unlikely.   Pringle has been hurt, but didn't look great when he wasn't.  Again when a team retooling WRs doesn't keep one of their own who is cheap it is not a great sign despite whatever they say.  The action speaks louder.

At least Pettis and Sharpe had some good tape and production in NFL even if it was just one season and none of it was recent.

He just filled out roster with 1 year journeyman it seems.   Planning to hit on all your draft picks is a pretty pie in sky plan even without injuries.   

I think he could have done more this season and not left so much for next year and left his first round QB hanging in his second year.

Jenkins has been most pleasant surprise in my opinion and seems to be most despised player on the team to coaching staff for reasons.   Maybe I am different guy as a coach, but give me a weird, annoying guy I can't stand who smashes his opponent over a guy I love to be around who sucks.

5 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Griffin looked good in camp, particularly his blocking.  Is he hurt? 

Yeah. He was limited in the practice again today and labeled questionable.  Hopefully he can get back healthy because there's a big gap between him and Tonges/Wesco.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Da Bears!

Not trying to defend anyone here but I believe the reason Patrick hasn't been playing Center is because his thumb. Maybe it is currently limiting his snapping ability?

That's the only reason I can think of that Mustipher has been starting over him 

Now we might have no choice but to play Mustipher regardless with Whitehair being out for a bit 

4 hours ago, HuskieBear said:

doesn't matter how long the term, just the AAV. the deadline is normally october/november. best example is when we cut mike davis in the middle a few years back because we weren't using him and we ended up getting our expected 4th rounder back (that we then traded for foles, but thats another issue)

Ok I stand corrected ..didn't know that. Thanks 👍

5 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Not trying to defend anyone here but I believe the reason Patrick hasn't been playing Center is because his thumb. Maybe it is currently limiting his snapping ability?

That's the only reason I can think of that Mustipher has been starting over him 

Now we might have no choice but to play Mustipher regardless with Whitehair being out for a bit 

He broke his thumb in early August. Wasn't it allegedly a 4-6 week injury?

• Like 1