Jaire Extended for 4 Years

Packerraymond

Fantastic. Did not expect this until after the season. Great job - can't wait to hear the details on immediate cap impact.

Edit: assuming a void year this should save us 5-6m immediately

Edited by Sandy
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Who is worth looking at with this extra cap now?  Fuller?  Julio?  Clowney?

I'm not sure I wouldn't just roll that into next year or use it to help lock up someone else mid-season.

WR, EDGE or safety depth. Would imagine there's 2 incentive laden deals to vets out there before we report to camp. 

I'd love to add JPP as our 3rd rusher. Torn whether I'd prefer one more DB or WR.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

WR, EDGE or safety depth. Would imagine there's 2 incentive laden deals to vets out there before we report to camp. 

I'd love to add JPP as our 3rd rusher. Torn whether I'd prefer one more DB or WR.

I didn't know JPP was out there.  Assumed he was a Buc for life.

10 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

That's his base salary, so add that to his signing bonus which is 30/4, so his cap hit is going to be around 8.6 million. He was at 13, so about 4.5 in savings.

Savings should be more like $6m because the signing bonus is divided by 5, not 4, right? $1m base plus $6m SB hit is around $7m cap hit this season. 

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Savings should be more like $6m because the signing bonus is divided by 5, not 4, right? $1m base plus $6m SB hit is around $7m cap hit this season. 

Think they have to rip up this year don't they? He was under a 1 year deal for 13 mil.