Jaire Extended for 4 Years

Packerraymond

7 minutes ago, Sandy said:

In savings? That looks like it could be his base salary at least but the 30m bonus is going to be spread either 4-5 years

I believe the 5th year option would have been $13.3.  

Spotrac shows this year's cap at $7.1. So clears ~$6M for discretionary spending.  

Spotrac understands this to literally be an "extension"; in effect he's now under contract for 5 years, with the $30 bonus is spread over 5 years, $6-per. 

Thus the $1.1 base + $6 pro-rated bonus = $7.1 for this year.  (**IF** Spotrac has it right.).   

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

As expected. Wasn't market resetting, with his $13m due this season, it is in essence a 5 year $100m approx contract, similar range as Lattimore, Humphrey etc...

Now let's go shopping!!!!

Honestly?  I'd rather do a deal with Amos right now and lock down the safety position.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

WR, EDGE or safety depth. Would imagine there's 2 incentive laden deals to vets out there before we report to camp. 

I'd love to add JPP as our 3rd rusher. Torn whether I'd prefer one more DB or WR.

Whats the saftey market looking like right now?

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Honestly?  I'd rather do a deal with Amos right now and lock down the safety position.

Let's do both!!!!

I'd also like to lock Lazard down for another 2 years beyond this year. He then becomes a FA again when he has just turned 29 and can cash in again if he lights it up. Have a feeling though he wants to bet on himself play out this year and look for MVS money

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Think they have to rip up this year don't they? He was under a 1 year deal for 13 mil.

I'll need to see the breakdown but i guess it depends on the "extension" part of it, meaning is he under contract for the next 4 years or 5? Spotrac already has it listed as a true extension, putting him under contract for the next 5 seasons, but that could be wrong since there aren't any details yet on a per-year basis. 

9 minutes ago, craig said:

I believe the 5th year option would have been $13.3.  

Spotrac shows this year's cap at $7.1. So clears ~$6M for discretionary spending.  

Spotrac understands this to literally be an "extension"; in effect he's now under contract for 5 years, with the $30 bonus is spread over 5 years, $6-per. 

Thus the $1.1 base + $6 pro-rated bonus = $7.1 for this year.  (**IF** Spotrac has it right.).   

I think it's a void year at year 5, but haven't seen that confirmed yet. Spotrac might be assuming the same thing unless they know something we don't 

Just now, vegas492 said:

Okay Aaron.

Run the offense.  Hand the ball off.  Throw to the schemed guy.  Score 20 points a game and let the defense do the heavy lifting.  Work out your shoulders hard because hoisting the trophy isn't easy....

We didnt pay him 50 mil a year to hand the ball off 30+ times a game.

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Okay Aaron.

Run the offense.  Hand the ball off.  Throw to the schemed guy.  Score 20 points a game and let the defense do the heavy lifting.  Work out your shoulders hard because hoisting the trophy isn't easy....

We've been doing it all backwards this whole time. Run the ball in the regular season 40 times a game, and save his MVP play for the playoffs! It's simply genius really 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Think they have to rip up this year don't they? He was under a 1 year deal for 13 mil.

Not necessarily.  It might be a true extension.  Spread the signing bonus over 5 years instead of 4.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Not necessarily.  It might be a true extension.  Spread the signing bonus over 5 years instead of 4.

They'd have to convert that entire 13.3 into signing bonus then correct? The 5th year is all base salary I believe. Certainly possible.