Jaire Extended for 4 Years

Packerraymond

5 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Don't see the problem with floating the idea out that if he wanted to re-set the CB market, we should entertain the idea of trading him. He's a significantly better player than Ward and wouldn't of been shocking to see him demand a contract that reflects that.

I don't understand why some of you act like you can predict Gute's moves. But hey, everyone's a genius using hindsight. Just like 

-There's no way we trade Adams!

-Gute doesn't draft older players, take Wyatt and other older prospects off your board!

-ILB isn't a premium position, no chance we take one in the 1st round!

I feel like the entire point was that we can't predict him. Or at least that was mine with the first comment I made. After we traded Adams now a bunch of people just assumed we'd do it again with Alexander just because that's what we just did.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

So Whos next?

Gary?  Savage?  Preston?  Amos?  Bakh?  Jenkins?

WHO'S NEXT Memegeneratornet WHO'S NEXT - Who's Next? - Goldberg | Meme  Generator | Meme on ME.ME

Bakhtiari .. his absence in the playoffs these past two years probably cost us at least one Super Bowl appearance.  He's incredibly important as he's been a guy they can't seem to replace when it maters most.

11 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Don't see the problem with floating the idea out that if he wanted to re-set the CB market, we should entertain the idea of trading him. He's a significantly better player than Ward and wouldn't of been shocking to see him demand a contract that reflects that.

I don't understand why some of you act like you can predict Gute's moves. But hey, everyone's a genius using hindsight. Just like 

-There's no way we trade Adams! We haven't tagged and traded a player since Corey Williams!

-Gute doesn't draft older players, take Wyatt and other older prospects off your board!

-ILB isn't a premium position, no chance we take one in the 1st round!

Claims 'don't understand why some think they can predict Gute's moves'.  

5 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Bakh will be gone the same off-season Rodgers hangs it up. I will be willing to put money on that. 

Six minutes later predicts a Gutes move. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Norm said:

I feel like the entire point was that we can't predict him. Or at least that was mine with the first comment I made. After we traded Adams now a bunch of people just assumed we'd do it again with Alexander just because that's what we just did.

I can't speak for the Jaire for Deebo crowd(and want no part of that)

Realistically, how I thought it was gonna play out

-Rumors were true that Jaire wanted to re-set the CB market and demand 4 yr/100m extension

-Gute balks, let's him play out the season and evaluate. Could see possibility of him not playing as well as before and Gute unwilling to give him the money he wants. Or he balls out, Jaire takes it as a slight he wasn't offered contract before the season and wants out. Either of those options could result in a tag and trade

-Tag and trade him for similar compensation that Rams gave up for Ramsey 

I'm happy things worked out the way they did and ecstatic about the contract we got him for. 4th highest APY if im not mistaken which is insane 

Now let's go out and sign Julio and Clowney/Flowers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Not necessarily.  It might be a true extension.  Spread the signing bonus over 5 years instead of 4.

Would that increase his 2022 cap number significantly? 13 million base pulse 6 worth of SB? I think it was a 30 million SB. 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Would that increase his 2022 cap number significantly? 13 million base pulse 6 worth of SB? I think it was a 30 million SB. 

Base in 2022 is 1m

SB is 6m

Cap hit goes from 13.3m to 7m I believe which would be 6.3m in savings

4 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

I can't speak for the Jaire for Deebo crowd(and want no part of that)

Realistically, how I thought it was gonna play out

-Rumors were true that Jaire wanted to re-set the CB market and demand 4 yr/100m extension

-Gute balks, let's him play out the season and evaluate. Could see possibility of him not playing as well as before and Gute unwilling to give him the money he wants. Or he balls out, Jaire takes it as a slight he wasn't offered contract before the season and wants out. Either of those options could result in a tag and trade

-Tag and trade him for similar compensation that Rams gave up for Ramsey 

I'm happy things worked out the way they did and ecstatic about the contract we got him for. 4th highest APY if im not mistaken which is insane 

Now let's go out and sign Julio and Clowney/Flowers

And more predicting Gute moves. Is this how the game is played?

Just now, Mdpackfan22 said:

Base in 2022 is 1m

SB is 6m

Cap hit goes from 13.3m to 7m I believe which would be 6.3m in savings

Was referring to if the contact was a 4 year extension. He was on the books for 13 salary this year. 

2 minutes ago, R T said:

And more predicting Gute moves. Is this how the game is played?

I'm not bashing anyone's predictions if they can support their view. None of us can predict what Gute is gonna do, that's what make this fun. There's a difference between you and I though, I don't act like my view point is holier than thou. Now go be miserable somewhere else.

• Like 1