Commanders Mini-Camp

turtle28

Curtis Samuel was out there doing the WR drills. Rivera said that Chase & his team of doctors have a plan for his return/rehab/recovery but Rivera believes Chase will be at the voluntary work outs next month and he may able to participate some.

Edited by turtle28

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Curtis Samuel was out there doing the War drills. Rivera said that Chase & his team of doctors have a plan for his return/rehab/recovery but Rivera believes Chase will be at the voluntary work outs next month and he may able to participate some.

Yeah but, R R had some weird comments about Samuel. Asked if we can put the injury behind us  his reply "I'd LIKE to believe we can "

We'd like to think he's a guy that can do some things as he continues to progress and get healthier and healthier  ( so  he still has a ways to go ??? )

HOPEFULLY he's gonna continue to trend up .. Hopefully R R said . not sure yet it seems .

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Yeah but, R R had some weird comments about Samuel. Asked if we can put the injury behind us  his reply "I'd LIKE to believe we can "

We'd like to think he's a guy that can do some things as he continues to progress and get healthier and healthier  ( so  he still has a ways to go ??? )

HOPEFULLY he's gonna continue to trend up .. Hopefully R R said . not sure yet it seems .

I think that’s coach speak. Rivera says things like that about injuries all the time; he has for 3 years now. He gives away as little as possible and won’t give the media definites. He’s more Shanahan & Gibbs and less Jay Gruden who was brutally honest about everything.

33 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Daron Payne walked off the practice field and refused to do drills because of his contract lol. Rivera is clown shoes. 

Sounds like a DaRon Payne problem. Not much the HC can do about that in a voluntary camp. Payne needs to grow the eff up.

We should’ve traded him in Feb, re-signed Settle & kept Ioannidis. I’ve said it for a year. We didn’t & this is what we get so, I guess in that way it’s Rivera’s fault for not trading him bc that’s his fault. 

50 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Daron Payne walked off the practice field and refused to do drills because of his contract lol. Rivera is clown shoes. 

The guy is making $14.4 mil this year.  Man up and show the league you’re worth a long term extension.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

At some point you just have to give up on Apke. I know the speed is tantalizing but unless some kind of divine intervention happens the guy simply can’t play football. It is what it is.  

What’s concerning is that they’ve done so little to improve depth at DB & on special teams that he’s still considered a top 10 DB on this team. It’s not Apke’s fault, it’s the front offices fault for being complacent about depth, especially at CB the last three offseasons.

I saw a clip where Curtis Samuel explained how he feels now bs last year, he said:

”Last year I felt like if I went full speed that I would re-injure my groin. Right now I’ve been training going 100% full speed for months and I feel great.”  

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Sounds like a DaRon Payne problem. Not much the HC can do about that in a voluntary camp. Payne needs to grow the eff up.

We should’ve traded him in Feb, re-signed Settle & kept Ioannidis. I’ve said it for a year. We didn’t & this is what we get so, I guess in that way it’s Rivera’s fault for not trading him bc that’s his fault. 

You don’t cut off contract talks, openly admit you aren’t going to sign a guy, draft his replacement with a premium pick and then keep him. This is the dumbest thing ever. It’s like this organization finds a way to squeeze the least amount of value out of their talented players they don’t intend to keep.

You’ll know when they’re really done with Payne because suddenly stories of him being a bad teammate and a malcontent will start circulating amongst the local media. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

The guy is making $14.4 mil this year.  Man up and show the league you’re worth a long term extension.

Your that Boss that no one would really like to work for. You think your above them and all you have to do is pay them. He's human and can literally lose millions on one play without any more guaranteed money after this year. Yet you can't see the players version of things. 

The organization isn't doing Payne nor Terry any favors by not paying them. Maybe Payne should've just stayed away like Terry until a new contract is in place. Murray in Arizona is staying away as well Until he gets his Money. Sorry if that bothers you! You don't OWN these players. 

6 hours ago, DCNative said:

Your that Boss that no one would really like to work for. You think your above them and all you have to do is pay them. He's human and can literally lose millions on one play without any more guaranteed money after this year. Yet you can't see the players version of things. 

The organization isn't doing Payne nor Terry any favors by not paying them. Maybe Payne should've just stayed away like Terry until a new contract is in place. Murray in Arizona is staying away as well Until he gets his Money. Sorry if that bothers you! You don't OWN these players. 

Wow.  Your post is both unnecessary and rude.  I didn't say anything like I "own" the players. 

Comparing Daron Payne to Terry McLaurin is also pretty ridiculous. At the end of this upcoming season, Washington will have paid Daron Payne $22.9 mil in career earnings since being drafted, and McLaurin will have only been paid $5.8 mil. While McLaurin has been criminally underpaid for his production, Daron Payne has been pretty well compensated for his play so far. 

Daron Payne's total cash for 2022 puts him at 17th in the NFL this season for DT's: 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cash/defensive-tackle/ 

Terry McLaurin's total cash for 2022 puts him at 61st in the NFL for WRs: 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cash/wide-receiver/ 

Daron Payne at 17th in pay this season sounds completely fair to me based on his production on the field.  Terry McLaurin at 61 is way underpaid. 

Then there this idea that Payne is "owed" a long term extension.  The only thing consistent about his play is that he's been inconsistent. He hasn't earned a long term extension and should prove this year that he is worth a long term deal from any team in the league that wants to sign him. Its a completely different discussion from McLaurin who has consistently significantly overperformed expectations every season. His partner on the line, Jon Allen, received a long term deal from the team after a breakout season. Payne hasn't had a breakout season. 

And with that sir, I bid you farewell.  You have repeatedly posted personal attack responses to my posts simply because you don't like my opinion. I don't enjoy talking to people like that, so I will be adding you to my banned posters list.  I wish you good luck and good health, but you will not be receiving any more responses from me on this forum indefinitely. 

• Like 3