Commanders Mini-Camp

turtle28

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Serious question, when's the last time (or last couple times), a DT got traded? @MKnight82's point might have validity. 

edit: high profile, etc. 

I heard on Kevin Sheehan’s show this morning for the first time that Rivera & company were shopping Payne this off-season but there either were no takers or the compensation they didn’t feel was worth it.

36 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

James Smith Williams is 6’3, 265. A 5’10, 195 pound guy is going to look small next to him.

They roster I referred to list JSW as 6'4"-even taller so your point is well taken !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Well I love to hear that. Maybe he had to drain the lizard or something. 

I'm starting to have a different take on this. Daron wants a contract. He actually wants to be here. That's refreshing given what we've been through with Scherff, et al who couldn't wait to leave

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thaiphoon said:

I'm starting to have a different take on this. Daron wants a contract. He actually wants to be here. That's refreshing given what we've been through with Scherff, et al who couldn't wait to leave

Now with that being said, if they don't want him. Why aren't they trading him now? Or why would they do the same thing they did with Cousins and Schreff? As you stated he's saying he wants to  be here. No one knows what type of deal he would accept at this point. So no one can say this is about money. 

39 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Very true, it’s like the DHall, Kerrigan, Reed, Moses & Jon Allen angle. Some fans got upset when they got paid bc they claimed they were overpaid but, they wanted to stay here. I do admire that he wants to stay here and is mad that they don’t want him.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, DCNative said:

Now with that being said, if they don't want him. Why aren't they trading him now? Or why would they do the same thing they did with Cousins and Schreff? As you stated he's saying he wants to  be here. No one knows what type of deal he would accept at this point. So no one can say this is about money. 

Kevin Sheehan said on his radio show that they shopped him this off-season. Either Payne didn’t have much of a market bc of the cost of his current contract/his future contract or teams don’t want to trade picks for a player who’ll be a free agent next March or, Rivera/Mayhew didn’t like the compensation packages they were getting offered form other teams for Payne. Or it’s all of the above.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/11/brandon-scherff-reiterates-desire-to-finish-career-in-washington-football-team-free-agency/

Scherff always wanted to be here.

Jim Carrey Lol GIF

22 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Kevin Sheehan said on his radio show that they shopped him this off-season. Either Payne didn’t have much of a market bc of the cost of his current contract/his future contract or teams don’t want to trade picks for a player who’ll be a free agent next March or, Rivera/Mayhew didn’t like the compensation packages they were getting offered form other teams for Payne. Or it’s all of the above.

I don't want a answer from you. I'd like @Thaiphoon to answer my question.