Colts sign RB Phillip Lindsay

RaidersAreOne

10 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

But did he fall off so quick?!?

I wonder what happened to him. Injuries?

Can't pass protect, can't catch, can't play kick coverage on ST.

These things take time to be exposed. The more film you put out there, the more your weaknesses show (and your strengths get taken away).

If you can't pass protect or catch as a RB, and you don't play ST, you have to be an amazing ball carrier just to stick on a roster.

It's a shame because Phil had some awesome games in Denver and he was a really good story. But his limitations showed and actually, I think the Denver FO at the time deserve credit for not extending him an offer when he was a RFA. Most local Bronco fans hammered the FO for this, given his 'production' and the fact he's a local kid.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Teams not knowing how to use him. He was a back to back 1k rusher and then got put in 2 different time shares being a change of pace back when in reality he is a early down between the tackles runner. He is not a receiving back and he is not somebody you want in there on obvious passing downs.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

On 5/17/2022 at 6:39 PM, SteelKing728 said:

Maybe I'm just a Phillip Lindsay apologist here, but both Houston and Miami tried like 5 different RBs apiece last year, and literally none of them were productive. Like, Houston tried 4 different starters, gave 5 RBs 35+ carries, and none of them could crack 3.5 ypa. When no one can run successfully on your team, it's not the RB.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Maybe I'm just a Phillip Lindsay apologist here, but both Houston and Miami tried like 5 different RBs apiece last year, and literally none of them were productive. Like, Houston tried 4 different starters, gave 5 RBs 35+ carries, and none of them could crack 3.5 ypa. When no one can run successfully on your team, it's not the RB.

While I mostly agree with that Houston last year might have been an exception. 
Burkhead - Ingram - David Johnson - Freeman and Lindsay though... That's a really bad group of RB any way you slice it. Worst in the league kind of bad. 
Not sure even Kyle Shananan could make one of them productive at their respective stage of their career. 

He was great with us but it's just too obvious at this point that if he's on the field, he's probably getting the ball.

he's fast as hell so if he at least learned to catch he wouldn't be so damn one dimensional. Only success he had with us catching the ball was on slip screens 

• Like 1