She-Hulk - Disney+ August 17th - Trailer dropped

Deadpulse

3 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Still have 3 months to clean up the CGI though

Would Disney put out a trailer with incomplete CGI? There was a leak a few months ago of that shot of her putting her foot down and it looked exactly the same as this. People said the same thing then that they'd clean up the CGI before release.

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Would Disney put out a trailer with incomplete CGI? There was a leak a few months ago of that shot of her putting her foot down and it looked exactly the same as this. People said the same thing then that they'd clean up the CGI before release.

Disney+ has a never ending hunger for new content, I wouldn't be shocked if they demanded a trailer regardless of the readyness of the product.  Not every scene of her face has that issue, so I won't be shocked if they just expect to be plugging away at it scene by scene over the next 12 weeks.

10 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Disney+ has a never ending hunger for new content, I wouldn't be shocked if they demanded a trailer regardless of the readyness of the product.  Not every scene of her face has that issue, so I won't be shocked if they just expect to be plugging away at it scene by scene over the next 12 weeks.

It's not her face that looks bad to me, it's her limbs. It looks like they unintentionally put a cartoon character in a live action show. They need to either make it look more realistic, or go full camp and make her look almost 2-dimensional. It is unwatchable how bad it is right now.

On 5/18/2022 at 4:17 PM, minutemancl said:

They have before, but usually they try to get some hero shots done ahead of time.

Their dedication to get stuff out regardless of the cg can be very frustrating. Redwing in Civil War, Banner in the Hulkbuster, many others come to mind. Especially when you have some of those impressive CG we’ve ever seen with Thanos in the same movie.

It just goes to show how maxed these graphic houses are. They gotta be available for 3/4 movies and 3/4 shows every year on top of the rest of the industry.

It’ll be fine I’m sure

10 hours ago, Kiltman said:

They have before, but usually they try to get some hero shots done ahead of time.

Their dedication to get stuff out regardless of the cg can be very frustrating. Redwing in Civil War, Banner in the Hulkbuster, many others come to mind. Especially when you have some of those impressive CG we’ve ever seen with Thanos in the same movie.

It just goes to show how maxed these graphic houses are. They gotta be available for 3/4 movies and 3/4 shows every year on top of the rest of the industry.

It’ll be fine I’m sure

I don't remember Banner in the Hulkbuster looking bad. Did it look bad?

Yeah, the working conditions for people who actually do VFX is a whole other topic. Those people are grossly underpaid, underappreciated, and overworked.

I hope you're right. I want to watch this show, because it seems really fun, but I'm not going to be able to get past how bad the main character looks if they don't fix that up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I don't remember Banner in the Hulkbuster looking bad. Did it look bad?

Yeah, the working conditions for people who actually do VFX is a whole other topic. Those people are grossly underpaid, underappreciated, and overworked.

I hope you're right. I want to watch this show, because it seems really fun, but I'm not going to be able to get past how bad the main character looks if they don't fix that up.

Yeah, compositing was rough after they decided to not let him hulk out at the end late in the process.

Yeah it’s tough to be in that part of the industry, pressed so hard for not much. Once upon a time thought about getting into the field but once I heard a lot of that stuff didn’t see the point moving + having to crunch so bad.

We’ll see, I don’t expect them to be winning any awards with the final product. But there’s already been enough easy tweeks people have don that make it sit in the scenes a little better. Like taking the green down from 2003 Hulk levels saturated to some of the later ones.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah, compositing was rough after they decided to not let him hulk out at the end late in the process.

Yeah it’s tough to be in that part of the industry, pressed so hard for not much. Once upon a time thought about getting into the field but once I heard a lot of that stuff didn’t see the point moving + having to crunch so bad.

We’ll see, I don’t expect them to be winning any awards with the final product. But there’s already been enough easy tweeks people have don that make it sit in the scenes a little better. Like taking the green down from 2003 Hulk levels saturated to some of the later ones.

I read something just yesterday that a lot of VFX artists are jumping from their field to tech or IT. Pay is better, no crunch, and apparently, VFX artists mostly don't have benefits, which they get in tech/IT. That was incredible to me.

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I read something just yesterday that a lot of VFX artists are jumping from their field to tech or IT. Pay is better, no crunch, and apparently, VFX artists mostly don't have benefits, which they get in tech/IT. That was incredible to me.

Makes a lot of sense, at some point something’s gotta give. Would be tough to guild up being so separated across the world but it’s probably their only shot at stabilizing the thing. 

Reminds me of all the people I know that left journalism do to the untenable working conditions, being asked to do more and more with less and less.

It’s not to say we should expect things to not look great, just I get why it’s the case and Disney probably needs to expand what they do for that industry if they wanna have this many marvel projects, Star Wars projects, various live action films, one ground breaking Pixar movie and other animated projects every year. They are a 3rd of the industry and a much larger portion of films with needing a high amount of vfx.

• Like 2

So I watched a real good video about VFX that applies here. There is such a thing as the "uncanny valley". Basically it states that the closer we get to actual human reconstruction the harder it is for our brains to comprehend it as natural. The Hulk and Thanos for instance do not maintain nearly as much as their actor's features as this version of She-Hulk who is meant to maintain her sexy human like face. 

I also don't think the VFX are done. Marvel has a history of updating effects not just after trailers but even during theatrical release (They sent an updated version No Way Home to theaters two weeks into the run). The Disney+ updates their VFX even after the full season has aired. Not ready to say this is exactly how she will look. Biggest clue is that it seems like there are like NO textures applied to her yet. Her skin also has no nuance in color, it looks like someone just filled all on paint. 

• Like 2

On 5/19/2022 at 4:17 AM, minutemancl said:

They have many times already. 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2022 at 3:45 PM, Deadpulse said:

So I watched a real good video about VFX that applies here. There is such a thing as the "uncanny valley". Basically it states that the closer we get to actual human reconstruction the harder it is for our brains to comprehend it as natural. The Hulk and Thanos for instance do not maintain nearly as much as their actor's features as this version of She-Hulk who is meant to maintain her sexy human like face. 

I also don't think the VFX are done. Marvel has a history of updating effects not just after trailers but even during theatrical release (They sent an updated version No Way Home to theaters two weeks into the run). The Disney+ updates their VFX even after the full season has aired. Not ready to say this is exactly how she will look. Biggest clue is that it seems like there are like NO textures applied to her yet. Her skin also has no nuance in color, it looks like someone just filled all on paint. 

Didn’t know that the Disney+ shows updated their VFX even after the season is over. That’s crazy. Has there been noticeable changes? Just curious which show benefited the most from it.

• 1 month later...