Eagles stop ignoring the secondary and sign Bradberry away from the Giants

EaglesPeteC

10 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I would've preferred a two year deal.

But this is huge for this team, we literally had no one at CB2 (and still no CB3). But this is a very good stop gap and relief for our pathetic safety situation. 

Thank goodness. 

Woulda been nice but doubt he was willing to, can have a good year opposite Slay and cash in next year. Which potentially could be here, depending how things go next offseason. But cap is going up and will have some contracts off the books.

I already have you all picked to win the division, so this doesn't move the needle for me THAT much. The real benefit will be later in the season for those "don't lose the game" Hurts performances where you have to lean on the defense. 

Definitely looks better on paper, but I don't think it's much of a needle mover either. If the Cowboys signed Bradberry, I wouldn't be thinking "Crap, the Cowboys just got a lot better". Good signing, but I'm not positive he'll actually be better than Steven Nelson because I don't really trust Gannon as a coordinator unless we play bad QBs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Definitely looks better on paper, but I don't think it's much of a needle mover either. If the Cowboys signed Bradberry, I wouldn't be thinking "Crap, the Cowboys just got a lot better". Good signing, but I'm not positive he'll actually be better than Steven Nelson because I don't really trust Gannon as a coordinator unless we play bad QBs.

I think he’ll be better than Nelson, but I agree obviously we gotta see Gannon do some stuff differently this year including more disguising coverages and not having the corners playing so far off.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy