Eagles stop ignoring the secondary and sign Bradberry away from the Giants

EaglesPeteC

Just now, Jeezla said:

no chance in hell I'm reading all that, and I don't care what Honest NFL says about our scheme, I care about what I see Gannon doing during game days with my own eyes. And what I saw him doing last year made me want us to fire him every week we weren't playing Daniel jones or lesser caliber QB's.

I'm just trying to help you learn. Not reading the rest of your post after the first sentence.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I think the pass rush will be about the same. Reddick is a positive add, but bringing Barnett back + Old Man Graham coming back from major injury = less snaps for Josh Sweat, our 2nd best pass rusher after Reddick. I hope I'm wrong and Sweat is out there more than Graham and Barnett, but I bet Graham and Barnett start while Reddick does that hybrid LB role. Going to be gross if Gannon has Reddick dropping into coverage a bunch instead of just going after the QB.

We were one of the worst teams pass rush wise last year, so improvement isn’t a very high bar. Reddick who’s had double digit snaps the last couple of years + even half of BG (who was gone most of the season) is undoubtedly an improvement.

Yeah things can go wrong, but they always could. Stuff like improved secondary play and run D should help out too. Less easy stuff on the backend and more 3rd and longs will be nice.

Really gonna be interesting where this scheme is evolving to.

I am as big of Gannon hater as there can be... but there is no question the talent level on defense this year is significantly higher than last. Two solid starting CB's, upgraded pass rush, better LB's on paper, run stopping DT with upside as a pass rusher....

The good news is there are no excuses for Gannon anymore, similarly to Hurts. We can get a fair evaluation of many different spots now. If Gannon can't make this defense look at least decent we know what the problem is.

• Like 1

Since I have no clue how Gannon wants to run his defense. Last year was a Joke. I'm going to assume Howie is making a conscientious choice to try a get the players "Gannon" needs to make his scheme work. 

So if Bradberry is another piece to the Gannon puzzle (Reddick,  Dean, Davis, White) so be it. Anything that is an improvement over the 💩 we saw last year I'm for. 

Going to assume James wanted a NYG revenge tour (stay in the NFCE) while staying relatively close to the home he and his family already live in. Until a long term contract is reached next year either with the Eagles or another team.

20 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I am as big of Gannon hater as there can be... but there is no question the talent level on defense this year is significantly higher than last. Two solid starting CB's, upgraded pass rush, better LB's on paper, run stopping DT with upside as a pass rusher....

The good news is there are no excuses for Gannon anymore, similarly to Hurts. We can get a fair evaluation of many different spots now. If Gannon can't make this defense look at least decent we know what the problem is.

The talent is definitely better, but you can't really depend on rookies, and talent is just potential if the coordinator can't harness it. The players make sense, I just think Gannon sucks and Jordan Davis magically making the scheme work is pure assumption and 100% projection based purely off athletic traits vs actual play.

Edited by Jeezla

33 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

No @Jeezla negativity today. Not today. Not on James Bradberry day 

call it negativity if you want, I call it hard truths, and somebody always needs to play devils advocate to keep you homers grounded, otherwise you'll all turn into Cowboy fans or even worse, ace.

Edited by Jeezla