Chargers sign DL Morgan Fox

TheKillerNacho

Solid depth pickup. 

I'm hoping the plan is for our interior line to mostly be rotational depending on the down/situation. SJD/Austin Johnson on likely running downs, Jerry Tillery and Morgan Fox on likely passing downs.

Edited by Bolts223
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

7th highest double team rate.. not great win rate. But eats up double teams.

Even though his "win rate" isn't high, the double teams still shows that he's a guy that has to be attended to. With him eating blocks, other guys are gonna be able to get good matchups.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2022 at 7:18 AM, HerbertGOAT said:

Even though his "win rate" isn't high, the double teams still shows that he's a guy that has to be attended to. With him eating blocks, other guys are gonna be able to get good matchups.

So teams will double team him, Mack and Bosa. 

On 5/25/2022 at 10:18 AM, HerbertGOAT said:

Not really. Not anymore than  Maliek Collins “has to be attended to”. I’m not going to pretend that I know how the Panthers used him, but you can clearly see a bunch of interior guys higher in double team rate, naturally. It’s harder to double edge guys than it is interior guys, for the most part.

You think teams will be doubling Morgan Fox to free up Bosa, Mack, SJD? 

On 5/18/2022 at 7:19 PM, iknowcool said:

He can play inside on passing downs

That's basically what he is. 5-T depth on running downs and a guy who can slide inside on passing downs. Plenty of effort. Some ability as a pass rusher. I wouldn't have been sad to see him return to the Rams.

49 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

You think teams will be doubling Morgan Fox to free up Bosa, Mack, SJD? 

No, obviously not. But the fact they double team him, even though he's a pretty small IDL tells me he can probably win a fair share of one-on-one matchups, at least as much as you would need a rotational guy to do so. Not to mention, half of his career sacks were in a single year with Brandon Staley.

Edited by HerbertGOAT

5 hours ago, HerbertGOAT said:

No, obviously not. But the fact they double team him, even though he's a pretty small IDL tells me he can probably win a fair share of one-on-one matchups, at least as much as you would need a rotational guy to do so. Not to mention, half of his career sacks were in a single year with Brandon Staley.

Got single teamed on roughly half of his rushes and walked away with 5 hurries and 1.5 sacks. He’s got 12 career sacks off of 1,728 career sacks. I don’t think there’s anything saying he’s winning a fair share of his single teams.

He’s solid edge depth for a team missing edge depth.