2022 Around league

dll2000

Just realized we were still using 2021 around league.  Unless I missed the 2022 one.

Listening to locked on 49ers and they are discussing continuing reports that people inside building are leaking they are not impressed with Lance, he isn’t ready and they want Jimmy G. to continue to be starter.  

Still pretty early, but even hint of that can’t sit well with fans after that mega trade.  

They are saying Jimmy may be starter v Bears in week 1.   Interesting for us.

35 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

They are saying Jimmy may be starter v Bears in week 1.   Interesting for us.

All that does is eliminate the implosion possibility for the Niners. Jimmy isnt likely to go out there and ball out or anything, just might only give us one major turnover chance, instead of like 4 or 5 from Lance. 

Im more interested to see if Deebo will be active for that game. I know its cooled down after the draft, but nothing really got resolved as far as I can tell. Feels like theres a chance he might sit down a few games to squeeze alittle more money out of them

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

All that does is eliminate the implosion possibility for the Niners. Jimmy isnt likely to go out there and ball out or anything, just might only give us one major turnover chance, instead of like 4 or 5 from Lance. 

Im more interested to see if Deebo will be active for that game. I know its cooled down after the draft, but nothing really got resolved as far as I can tell. Feels like theres a chance he might sit down a few games to squeeze alittle more money out of them

I’m operating under the assumption that Deebo will play week 1 and that Jimmy will not. The whole “We’ll still start Jimmy” thing screams like a plea for someone to trade for him. Shanny and Lynch staked their jobs on Lance when they used three first rounders to select him last year with a roster that may very well be a good QB away from being a title contender for an extended period of time. I’m not sure they can afford to go through another year with Lance on the shelf while Garoppolo leads them to another 3rd place finish in the NFCW. 

49 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m operating under the assumption that Deebo will play week 1 and that Jimmy will not. The whole “We’ll still start Jimmy” thing screams like a plea for someone to trade for him. Shanny and Lynch staked their jobs on Lance when they used three first rounders to select him last year with a roster that may very well be a good QB away from being a title contender for an extended period of time. I’m not sure they can afford to go through another year with Lance on the shelf while Garoppolo leads them to another 3rd place finish in the NFCW. 

You may be right that it will be Lance, I hope so because that bodes well for us. And while Lynch for sure staked his job on Lance, are we 100% sure that Kyle did?

Its always hard to believe what is real and what isnt, but those Mac Jones rumors came from somewhere, and seems like a much more Shanahan move, where Lance seems like a GM move

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Listening to locked on 49ers and they are discussing continuing reports that people inside building are leaking they are not impressed with Lance, he isn’t ready and they want Jimmy G. to continue to be starter.  

Yeah I call total BS on this for several reasons.  Another media report from an 'anonymous source' (I hate this so much...it's overused and such a cop out to escape accountability).

1)  Who are these sources? The niners just had an enormous staff transition/turnover and most of them are new-- including a new OC, QB coach, asst QB coach, asst HC, and ST coach, OL coach, asst OL coach, etc. So you mean to tell me that these 'sources' are coming from staff members who just got there and/or just promoted? Yeah cmon. If this was the Lions or Texans or even the Bears I might be inclined to believe it but Lynch and Shanny's staff? No.

2)  They wouldn't be openly shopping JG if they thought Lance wasn't ready or if they planned on rolling with JG for another year.  They just don't wanna settle for a mediocre trade since they know this years QB class was relatively weak and there are plenty of teams still looking to upgrade at QB and possibly even more after TC/PS injuries.  JG would be an upgrade over Darnold in CAR, Mills in HOU, Tua in MIA, Mitch/Haskins in PIT, Mariota in ATL, Lock/Geno in SEA.

3)  They would clear over 25M in cap space to trade JG which would be more than enough to extend Deebo and get them out of the red. There's also no rush to trade him before June either since they'll clear just as much before June as they would if they wait.

If anything, Shanny has shown that he doesn't give a damn what the media thinks.

1 minute ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Seeing the Saints get Landry for 3M is criminal.

JuJu:  1 year 6M max // 2022 cap hit = 2.9M

Landry:  1 year 6M max // 2022 cap hit = 3.0M

Pringle:  1 year 4.2M // 2022 cap hit = 4.2M

^^Whats wrong with this picture?

I remember when Poles was going to get after it post-draft when there would be good bargains 😒

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

I remember when Poles was going to get after it post-draft when there would be good bargains 😒

I'm not a fan of Landry and wanted nothing to do with him for the price he was asking, but for 3M on a 1 year deal you take a chance and don't think twice. Even 6 after max incentives is a good deal.

20 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Yeah I call total BS on this for several reasons.  Another media report from an 'anonymous source' (I hate this so much...it's overused and such a cop out to escape accountability).

1)  Who are these sources? The niners just had an enormous staff transition/turnover and most of them are new-- including a new OC, QB coach, asst QB coach, asst HC, and ST coach, OL coach, asst OL coach, etc. So you mean to tell me that these 'sources' are coming from staff members who just got there and/or just promoted? Yeah cmon. If this was the Lions or Texans or even the Bears I might be inclined to believe it but Lynch and Shanny's staff? No.

2)  They wouldn't be openly shopping JG if they thought Lance wasn't ready or if they planned on rolling with JG for another year.  They just don't wanna settle for a mediocre trade since they know this years QB class was relatively weak and there are plenty of teams still looking to upgrade at QB and possibly even more after TC/PS injuries.  JG would be an upgrade over Darnold in CAR, Mills in HOU, Tua in MIA, Mitch/Haskins in PIT, Mariota in ATL, Lock/Geno in SEA.

3)  They would clear over 25M in cap space to trade JG which would be more than enough to extend Deebo and get them out of the red. There's also no rush to trade him before June either since they'll clear just as much before June as they would if they wait.

If anything, Shanny has shown that he doesn't give a damn what the media thinks.

Well someone is saying it.  I don't think it is being made up from whole cloth.  It may be for a purpose and/or a lie, but someone is saying it to a reporter.     

But even if someone is saying it, it doesn't mean Shanahan thinks it or agrees with it and his opinion is only one that matters. 

It may be a player, as by many accounts Jimmy G. is very well liked in that locker room.     

Shanahan as kind of staked his rep on Lance though.   That was his guy.  It would definitely be a weird look if he ended up playing Jimmy G. over Lance after what they gave up.

Also it doesn't matter what anyone thinks, reality is reality.   Lance will have to actually play games and show his stuff at some point - likely game 1. 

If he doesn't play or plays badly this season, either way it will be a bad look for Shanahan.  On other hand if he plays great Shanahan will get credit.

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Well someone is saying it.  I don't think it is being made up from whole cloth.  It may be for a purpose and/or a lie, but someone is saying it to a reporter.     

But even if someone is saying it, it doesn't mean Shanahan thinks it or agrees with it and his opinion is only one that matters. 

It may be a player, as by many accounts Jimmy G. is very well liked in that locker room.     

Shanahan as kind of staked his rep on Lance though.   That was his guy.  It would definitely be a weird look if he ended up playing Jimmy G. over Lance after what they gave up.

Also it doesn't matter what anyone thinks, reality is reality.   Lance will have to actually play games and show his stuff at some point - likely game 1. 

If he doesn't play or plays badly this season, either way it will be a bad look for Shanahan.  On other hand if he plays great Shanahan will get credit.

Yeah even if Shanny wanted to start JG over Lance he couldn't do it. The first time JG throws one bad pass the media/fan pressure would become overbearing.  They are over JG and been ready to move on for a while now.

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Yeah even if Shanny wanted to start JG over Lance he couldn't do it. The first time JG throws one bad pass the media/fan pressure would become overbearing.  They are over JG and been ready to move on for a while now.

I think it is more you just traded 3 first rounders for him and sat him for a year.    He has to play this year.

22 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Seeing the Saints get Landry for 3M is criminal.

JuJu:  1 year 6M max // 2022 cap hit = 2.9M

Landry:  1 year 6M max // 2022 cap hit = 3.0M

Pringle:  1 year 4.2M // 2022 cap hit = 4.2M

^^Whats wrong with this picture?

nothing? good players sometimes go to good teams at a lower rate in order for a chance to win a championship. sometimes worse teams have to overpay players to get them to play for them when the player knows the team isn't close to competing. 

now lets play another game

juju: 2023 cap hit = 3.1M - not on team

Landry: 2023 cap hit = 3.0M - not on team

pringle: 2023 cap hit = 0M - not on team

did you honestly thing you had something here? some kind of "gotcha" on Poles? Poles clearly wanted to keep a clean cap moving forward and thus wasn't going to add fake years and cap its onto the future in order to lower a cap number this year - this is literally the exact same thing people were upset that Pace was doing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

nothing? good players sometimes go to good teams at a lower rate in order for a chance to win a championship. sometimes worse teams have to overpay players to get them to play for them when the player knows the team isn't close to competing. 

now lets play another game

juju: 2023 cap hit = 3.1M - not on team

Landry: 2023 cap hit = 3.0M - not on team

pringle: 2023 cap hit = 0M - not on team

did you honestly thing you had something here? some kind of "gotcha" on Poles? Poles clearly wanted to keep a clean cap moving forward and thus wasn't going to add fake years and cap its onto the future in order to lower a cap number this year - this is literally the exact same thing people were upset that Pace was doing.

What the hell are you talking about? That's not even close to what either deal is. LTBE goes on the books for 2022 if all requirements are met. NLTBE goes on the books for 2023 which is very minimal and unlikely -- hence the NLTBE title. Especially for players of their caliber.  There's also huge gap between Juju/Landry and Pringle and it's not even close.

Edited by JAF-N72EX