2022 Around league

dll2000

Sounds like the last two HC gigs are down to the final two...

Cardinals...Anarumo or Kafka...feels like they are going the cheap route with both these guys and I would be very worried that it could be one and done if KK gets an OC job and the Cardinals are let off the hook when it comes to money...I would like to see Anarumo as an older coach get his shot.

Colts...Saturday or Steichen...this is either going to be really dumb or really smart...if they hire Saturday they will be a laughing stock around the league...if they get Steichen they get a guy who has developed both Justin Herbert & Jalen Hurts...surely Irsay is going to want that considering their obsession with getting a franchise QB?

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Sounds like the last two HC gigs are down to the final two...

Cardinals...Anarumo or Kafka...feels like they are going the cheap route with both these guys and I would be very worried that it could be one and done if KK gets an OC job and the Cardinals are let off the hook when it comes to money...I would like to see Anarumo as an older coach get his shot.

Colts...Saturday or Steichen...this is either going to be really dumb or really smart...if they hire Saturday they will be a laughing stock around the league...if they get Steichen they get a guy who has developed both Justin Herbert & Jalen Hurts...surely Irsay is going to want that considering their obsession with getting a franchise QB?

If Kliff takes a job do they get out of his full contract or just what the new team is paying him?

The fact Saturday made it this far would almost be reason enough for me to pull out of it if I was Steichen. I loved the Saturday signing just due to the chaos of it but as a long term deal it seems moronic. 

31 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

If Kliff takes a job do they get out of his full contract or just what the new team is paying him?

The fact Saturday made it this far would almost be reason enough for me to pull out of it if I was Steichen. I loved the Saturday signing just due to the chaos of it but as a long term deal it seems moronic. 

Tough to say without knowing the exact contract but from what I have read it would wipe out just what he was being paid by the new team and AZ would still need to make up the difference.

Very fair point about Steichen but I think it's the old adage of there are only 32 of those jobs in the world that will make him keep in on it...very interesting comments from Shaq Leonard regarding Saturday being a great fit if he is given his own staff and a full offseason...not sure he says that if he doesn't already know something.

• Like 1