2022 Around league

dll2000

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

This would be a smart move from the Colts…also great for us because they are going to want to give him a young QB to work with given his previous success.

There are advantages and disadvantages (for us). Steichen will be less of a yes man to Irsay (we’ll see how much) than Saturday would be, he’s an offensive minded coach that will likely want his qb, he’s likely smart enough to know you can’t neuter your team to get one guy, but also coached a team that traded a FRP for one of the offense’s biggest assets. So I’m not sure how much of a help it’ll be to us over Saturday staying on, but I can’t imagine it’ll be a worse hire for the colts than Saturday would’ve been. 

It is funny the trend of hiring OC’s and DC’s after they have success using the most top of the line talent all around. Seems like less to go off of than a lesser talented team having success. 

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

This would be a smart move from the Colts…also great for us because they are going to want to give him a young QB to work with given his previous success.

It is kinda of obvious that this is the right choice. "Shane" is actually Latin for "bad*** mother ****er"

48 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I really hope he now just signs with the Saints 😂

Me too. I still have no idea how the Saints can make this money work. Assuming OTC’s values are accurate if they do a full restructure on Lattimore, Ramczyk, Cam Jordan and Kamara then cut Andrus Peat post-6/1 they’ll barely be compliant enough to sign their draft class. They’ll cut Michael Thomas post-6/1 too and only gain like $1.5M from that. I guess they could restructure that absurd Taysom Hill deal too, but now they’re gonna add an inflated backloaded vet QB salary for Carr to that mess of bad backloaded deals too? Even if Carr came in and had the best season of his career, what does that get them? 10-7 or so? Congrats on your likely 4 seed and likely getting blown out early in the playoffs. If I were a Saints fan I’d rather they just bite the bullet for a hear (well likely 2 years) and just start fresh rather than be hyper restricted with aging vets for several years. 

16 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Me too. I still have no idea how the Saints can make this money work. Assuming OTC’s values are accurate if they do a full restructure on Lattimore, Ramczyk, Cam Jordan and Kamara then cut Andrus Peat post-6/1 they’ll barely be compliant enough to sign their draft class. They’ll cut Michael Thomas post-6/1 too and only gain like $1.5M from that. I guess they could restructure that absurd Taysom Hill deal too, but now they’re gonna add an inflated backloaded vet QB salary for Carr to that mess of bad backloaded deals too? Even if Carr came in and had the best season of his career, what does that get them? 10-7 or so? Congrats on your likely 4 seed and likely getting blown out early in the playoffs. If I were a Saints fan I’d rather they just bite the bullet for a hear (well likely 2 years) and just start fresh rather than be hyper restricted with aging vets for several years. 

I agree that the Saints seem to be one of those teams who think they are still way more competitive than they actually are…a total reset year is what they badly need…I wonder what the Bucs will do this offseason because they could also be heading that way unless they blow it up and start again…can’t just replace Brady and hope with a healthier OL they will be competitive again…lots to fix there (if anything they should trade Mike Evans to us for not a lot haha)…will be a very interesting offseason for that division…

crazy to think we are 3 weeks away from the combine & only 4 weeks away from free agency.