2022 Around league

dll2000

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I agree that the Saints seem to be one of those teams who think they are still way more competitive than they actually are…a total reset year is what they badly need

Ironically the most painless way for them to do that would be to go young and cheap at QB (or just go with Hill for 2023). That’s why I mentioned them as a logical landing spot for Zach Wilson after the Jets move on. They just seem dead set against it though, which to me is pretty delusional. 

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I wonder what the Bucs will do this offseason because they could also be heading that way unless they blow it up and start again…can’t just replace Brady and hope with a healthier OL they will be competitive again…lots to fix there (if anything they should trade Mike Evans to us for not a lot haha)…will be a very interesting offseason for that division…

I go back and forth on whether I’d rather we made a move for Evans or Godwin. Evans is the better player right now, but is also 3 years older and probably less likely to be moved given his franchise icon level status there. Both would significantly bolster our room. 

18 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I go back and forth on whether I’d rather we made a move for Evans or Godwin. Evans is the better player right now, but is also 3 years older and probably less likely to be moved given his franchise icon level status there. Both would significantly bolster our room. 

I guess for me the advantage of Evans is there is some future proofing there...he isn't like a Tyreek Hill who as he gets older and his speed starts to go is going to get less effective...Evans wins with his size and in multiple ways...I just think he would be such a great fit for Field's development...Godwin would be a nice fit as well especially in the slot but if we are going to go after a WR then we need to go big...guys like Evans, Hopkins or Higgins would completely change the dynamic of the offence.

32 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Brady always looked for Godwin when he needed a play.   On third downs he often stared him down not even looking elsewhere.  

If I was choosing between those two to join team.  I choose Godwin.   

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Brady always looked for Godwin when he needed a play.   On third downs he often stared him down not even looking elsewhere.  

That’s what I keep coming back to too. And really, that’s what we need more than anything in our WR corps, right? We need a go to guy. A 3rd down chain mover. A consistent release valve. Godwin was absolutely that for Brady. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

That’s what I keep coming back to too. And really, that’s what we need more than anything in our WR corps, right? We need a go to guy. A 3rd down chain mover. A consistent release valve. Godwin was absolutely that for Brady. 

I think for me it comes down to scheme...with Brady that quick out ball to the slot was always extremely important...this scheme we know Fields' is going to want to throw deep...I also think it is easier to find a good slot option than an outside deep threat.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think for me it comes down to scheme...with Brady that quick out ball to the slot was always extremely important...this scheme we know Fields' is going to want to throw deep...I also think it is easier to find a good slot option than an outside deep threat.

At their best Evans is better choice.  He is declining and Godwin is ascending.

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Ironically the most painless way for them to do that would be to go young and cheap at QB (or just go with Hill for 2023). That’s why I mentioned them as a logical landing spot for Zach Wilson after the Jets move on. They just seem dead set against it though, which to me is pretty delusional. 

I could see them taking a cheap flyer on Mike White or Drew Lock, too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

At their best Evans is better choice.  He is declining and Godwin is ascending.

I'm not sure we have seen any sort of decline from Evans at 29 years old...Godwin is improving no doubt but that's with Brady in toe...Evans has done it year in year out regardless of QB.

48 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I'm not sure we have seen any sort of decline from Evans at 29 years old...Godwin is improving no doubt but that's with Brady in toe...Evans has done it year in year out regardless of QB.

With Evans, it's that history of injuries that you worry about. He's dealt with a hamstring injury to the same leg four years in a row now, among other injuries to that same right leg, plus groin injuries. One of these times he's going to get hurt and he's not going to come back.

13 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

With Evans, it's that history of injuries that you worry about. He's dealt with a hamstring injury to the same leg four years in a row now, among other injuries to that same right leg, plus groin injuries. One of these times he's going to get hurt and he's not going to come back.

No doubt that has to be factored in but let's be honest if he was utterly perfect he wouldn't be available...same goes for Godwin & the ACL...even if you look at A.J Brown going from Tennessee to Philly a big reason they didn't want to pay him was because he was banged up a lot...at some point you need to take a risk to help these young QBs unless you have real conviction on one of these rookie WRs (not sure I do)

Also having a look at Evan's career he as only missed 6 regular seasons games 8 years.

Edited by Madmike90

Shane Steichen is in bits at this introductory press conference...must be an incredible feeling working as hard as these coaches do to then get your shot at the top job...he also thanked every member of the Eagles offensive depth chart individually...never seen a coach do that before.