2022 Around league

dll2000

1 minute ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Something I haven’t heard anyone talking about… is there a chance Carr ends up in Green Bay?

I mentioned it a while back when I thought the Raiders would go after Rodgers but looks like they would rather go Jimmy G & a rookie…Rodgers should end up in NY with the Jets…I am just not sure GB are set up to compete without (or now even with Rodgers) not sure why he would pick GB or NO or TB…especially if the Raiders internal report of him sucking in the cold is to believed 😂

28 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Something I haven’t heard anyone talking about… is there a chance Carr ends up in Green Bay?

I think alot has to happen, and happen quickly, for Carr to end up in GB.

Im not convinced that Rodgers is traded prior to June 1. Because if they wait, alot of the money goes to the new team, and doesnt hammer the Packers Cap.

It could also lessen the return, but the team (LV or NYJ) could have agreed to a deal for future picks, but just wait to make it official till it changes the Cap Hits

7 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

If GB moves Rodgers I’ll be legitimately shocked if they don’t pick up Love’s 5th year option and go that route for 2023 at minimum. They’ve made the Rodgers-like development investment there now. 3 years to learn. Can’t imagine they don’t see it through from there. Otherwise, what was the point? They’d be essentially admitting they burned a 1st rounder for nothing. Front offices don’t tend to do that. 

7 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

If GB moves Rodgers I’ll be legitimately shocked if they don’t pick up Love’s 5th year option and go that route for 2023 at minimum. They’ve made the Rodgers-like development investment there now. 3 years to learn. Can’t imagine they don’t see it through from there. Otherwise, what was the point? They’d be essentially admitting they burned a 1st rounder for nothing. Front offices don’t tend to do that. 

They do if the kid doesn’t have it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty21 said:

They do if the kid doesn’t have it. 

Well yeah, but I didn’t come away from his one significant time on the field this past year (in relief @PHI on SNF) with the impression that he can’t play. He’s been kept on the bench behind the reigning MVP the past 3 years. Hard to really draw anything from that.

Also, Carr is well established mid IMO that would be pricey. That move wouldn’t make any sense to me, especially with GB in bad cap shape even without Rodgers and not exactly looking like a team on the cusp of the SB. I just don’t see the appeal there for either side. 

• Like 1

You both have good points. It is time for Love to take over and start. When Farve was pulling this same stuff in GB they gave him a ham and cheese sandwich and traded him to the Jets. Why all the hesitation now? Do they not see Love as a NFL starting grade QB?