2022 Around league

dll2000

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Seems to me given that he was supposedly “90% retired” a month ago that he’s chasing $60M. 

Of course.  Few people would pass on that money they already promised him.  That is a lot of money. 

I was speaking more of after he is done with football.     

Darkness retreats, trying different drugs, moving from relationship to relationship with different women,  cutting family out of your life, exploring different philosophies ...

Just sayin

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Sometimes you just need to laugh at the salary cap 😂

Right? By rough calculations (depending on how much of the SB rolled into his final existing contract year for 2023) he’ll be due approximately $187M against the cap combined for 2027 and 2028. In what world is this a system that makes any sense at all? 

39 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Right? By rough calculations (depending on how much of the SB rolled into his final existing contract year for 2023) he’ll be due approximately $187M against the cap combined for 2027 and 2028. In what world is this a system that makes any sense at all? 

I understand your point, but a few things; The Cap you are talking about is either going to be a crazy amount higher by 2028, or alot of teams will be shedding players/salary like water weight come that time

But more importantly, I dont think those "Cap Numbers" are going to be accurate. Those are as of him signing, which only accounts for the $110m guaranteed. But there is said to be a Total of $179m Guaranteed, which likely comes in the form of early bird roster bonuses (i.e. The 2025 roster bonus of $XXm becomes fully guaranteed the first day of the 2024 league year) which change that cap number for those middle years significantly. There is $69m of Guaranteed dollars unaccounted for in those initial Cap reportings.

Sure, some of those could be hitting in '27-'28, but Id bet '24-'26 have some big numbers coming. And those final two years cap numbers are looking more in the $60+ range, not the $90+

Synopois Rodgers Trade that is most credibly out there:

Reportedly this years 2 is on table and next years 2 from Jets. 

But GB is holding out for this years 2 and next years 1, which Jets were reportedly leaning toward accepting until Rodgers said he was likely to retire soon on McAfee show.   But logically, if that was true that deal probably would have been done before the show aired.  

Jets are said to want conditions that could make next years 2 a 1;  some say host a playoff game in 2023 or Rodgers doesn't retire.

But GB rejected it in favor of unconditional 2024 1 and there they both sit ... waiting.

I don't know if any of that is actually true, but that is what is out there.  

Now SF is reportedly a little interested in Rodgers, but that may be just GB leaking bluffs.

49ers would have to be offering 2024 1 and 2 to compete with Jets reported offer and they 

That bankrupts their future for years to come after Trey Lance trade with just one year to win.   Also hurts their ability to sign or extend Bosa. That seems crazy to me.  (Any trade of significant draft capital for Rodgers with that contract at his age seems crazy, but that is just me).  

Jets are also considering trading with Titans for Tannehill as a back up plan, but seem unenthused by that option.

Jets are likely only game in town.  If they hold the line GB has to accept whatever is offered or eat the Rodgers contract and get nothing in return to boot, which they definitely don't want.

GB thinks same of Jets however.  They think it is Rodgers or bust for them and Jets have certainly not done a lot to dispel that notion.  They have publicly announced Rodgers will be a Jet.  

Do I have this right? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Synopois Rodgers Trade that is most credibly out there:

Reportedly this years 2 is on table and next years 2 from Jets. 

But GB is holding out for this years 2 and next years 1, which Jets were reportedly leaning toward accepting until Rodgers said he was likely to retire soon on McAfee show.   But logically, if that was true that deal probably would have been done before the show aired.  

Jets are said to want conditions that could make next years 2 a 1;  some say host a playoff game in 2023 or Rodgers doesn't retire.

But GB rejected it in favor of unconditional 2024 1 and there they both sit ... waiting.

I don't know if any of that is actually true, but that is what is out there.  

Now SF is reportedly a little interested in Rodgers, but that may be just GB leaking bluffs.

49ers would have to be offering 2024 1 and 2 to compete with Jets reported offer and they 

That bankrupts their future for years to come after Trey Lance trade with just one year to win.   Also hurts their ability to sign or extend Bosa. That seems crazy to me.  (Any trade of significant draft capital for Rodgers with that contract at his age seems crazy, but that is just me).  

Jets are also considering trading with Titans for Tannehill as a back up plan, but seem unenthused by that option.

Jets are likely only game in town.  If they hold the line GB has to accept whatever is offered or eat the Rodgers contract and get nothing in return to boot, which they definitely don't want.

GB thinks same of Jets however.  They think it is Rodgers or bust for them and Jets have certainly not done a lot to dispel that notion.  They have publicly announced Rodgers will be a Jet.  

Do I have this right? 

As sick as I am of hearing about this I am also genuinely intrigued to see which side blinks first here. GB can’t realistically cave to the Jets’ low ball offer, and the Jets can’t really go into next season with Zach Wilson under center. If this carries into the draft, the Jets could royally screw over the Packers by drafting a QB, but that seems really unlikely. GB is done with him and the Jets need him, but GB also needs rid of him.

I do kinda feel bad for Zach Wilson in all of this. Sure, he sucks and he’s a ****** canoe and all, but his presence on the Jets roster during all of this has got to be pretty damn rough too. 

11 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

As sick as I am of hearing about this I am also genuinely intrigued to see which side blinks first here. GB can’t realistically cave to the Jets’ low ball offer, and the Jets can’t really go into next season with Zach Wilson under center. If this carries into the draft, the Jets could royally screw over the Packers by drafting a QB, but that seems really unlikely. GB is done with him and the Jets need him, but GB also needs rid of him.

I do kinda feel bad for Zach Wilson in all of this. Sure, he sucks and he’s a ****** canoe and all, but his presence on the Jets roster during all of this has got to be pretty damn rough too. 

Geno Smith in 2nd in 2013

Hackenberg in 2nd in 2016

Sam Darnold 3 overall in 2018

Zach Wilson 2 overall in 2021

Geno Smith has turned out to be best QB of 2013 - LOL.  What a terrible QB class that was.   Jets had two numbers ones and nothing to choose from.  

In 2016 they smartly passed on Paxton Lynch, but still took Hackenberg who was worse.  Hindsight they could have drafted Dak Prescott.

2018 they obviously passed on Josh Allen.

In 2021 they passed on Fields.  You still had Jets fans arguing Wilson was better in season last year.  No one will be saying that next year.

They had 3 number 1 picks last year and didn't take a QB.

They have 2 this year and didn't even consider trading up with Bears (that we know of).

They should try Costanza method and do everything opposite of what they think is right for awhile:

george costanza ladies GIF

• Like 1