2022 Around league

dll2000

2 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I wouldn't think they would part with Johnson just because they signed Julio Jones to a 1 year deal to play like 5 games as he always does

I don't disagree, but at the same time they keep bringing in guys to put ahead of him on the depth chart which doesn’t exactly scream that they value him. Evans/Godwin/Gage/Julio are locks if healthy, and Darden is probably their KR/PR. He or Miller is probably on the way out short of injuries. Can’t keep everyone. I’d take either over our current WR5/6. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

It means Bill is going a little soft or Mac Jones impressed him this offseason. 

I’m not putting any more stock in what gets said about Mac Jones in the offseason than what’s been said about Fields. Basically BB is saying he’s doing all the right things to set himself up to succeed, same as Fields. Unless it translates to the field over the next 6 months in some way it’s all lip service. 

30 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’m not putting any more stock in what gets said about Mac Jones in the offseason than what’s been said about Fields. Basically BB is saying he’s doing all the right things to set himself up to succeed, same as Fields. Unless it translates to the field over the next 6 months in some way it’s all lip service. 

Mac Jones played pretty well last year.   Especially given he split time in offseason and he had no dynamic playmakers to speak of.  Hunter Henry was probably their best offensive player and he missed 7 games I think.  

To say he is looking much improved over that is a nice compliment to him coming from a guy that throws compliments for his own players around like manhole covers.   

Mac threw for 3,801 yards, 22 TDs to 13 ints and a completion percentage of 68% and won 10 games.   I think Bears fans would be happy with those numbers this season.

Now I think Fields in Mac's place on Pats could have done same thing, probably even better.  But we will never know that and it doesn't take away from what Mac actually did.

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Mac Jones played pretty well last year.   Especially given he split time in offseason and he had no dynamic playmakers to speak of.  Hunter Henry was probably their best offensive player and he missed 7 games I think.  

To say he is looking much improved over that is a nice compliment to him coming from a guy that throws compliments for his own players around like manhole covers.   

Mac threw for 3,801 yards, 22 TDs to 13 ints and a completion percentage of 68% and won 10 games.   I think Bears fans would be happy with those numbers this season.

Now I think Fields in Mac's place on Pats could have done same thing, probably even better.  But we will never know that and it doesn't take away from what Mac actually did.

Definitely. I wasn't a Mac fan pre-draft (pretty well documented) but i will say he was impressive last year, Im extremely curious to see how well he does without McDaniels. 

If Fields replicates those numbers and the offense looks professional does Getsy become a hot name for a HC gig? Guy is only 38 and the Bears offense has been a mess for so long anyone making it look competent might be the new 'wonderkid.' 

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Definitely. I wasn't a Mac fan pre-draft (pretty well documented) but i will say he was impressive last year, Im extremely curious to see how well he does without McDaniels. 

If Fields replicates those numbers and the offense looks professional does Getsy become a hot name for a HC gig? Guy is only 38 and the Bears offense has been a mess for so long anyone making it look competent might be the new 'wonderkid.' 

That is the problem with hiring a defensive coach.   Getsy does really good he gets a HC job and Fields starts over with another coach and maybe another scheme. 

He does really bad and Fields starts over with another coach and maybe another scheme - and/or Fields isn't QB anymore.

So Getsy only stays if he is mediocre.    If he is gang busters they could fire Eberflus and hire Getsy as HC to keep continuity like Tampa Bay did to Lovie and his OC, but that is such a Richard move no one else has done it since.

I would say he is very likely here for at least two season regardless.   So there is that.

I think McDaniels is going to do well with Raiders, but we may not know it because he is playing in toughest division in football  by far.   If Bears got stuck in AFC West this year they are likely looking at a top 5 pick in next years draft.   

He was my preferred Bears candidate for HC.  We'll see.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

That is the problem with hiring a defensive coach.   Getsy does really good he gets a HC job and Fields starts over with another coach and maybe another scheme. 

He does really bad and Fields starts over with another coach and maybe another scheme - and/or Fields isn't QB anymore.

So Getsy only stays if he is mediocre.    If he is gang busters they could fire Eberflus and hire Getsy as HC to keep continuity like Tampa Bay did to Lovie and his OC, but that is such a Richard move no one else has done it since.

I would say he is very likely here for at least two season regardless.   So there is that.

I think McDaniels is going to do well with Raiders, but we may not know it because he is playing in toughest division in football  by far.   If Bears got stuck in AFC West this year they are likely looking at a top 5 pick in next years draft.   

He was my preferred Bears candidate for HC.  We'll see.

I was a fan of his and Daboll. Granted, McDaniels has an arrogance and such a punchable face that i may not be able to watch a post game interview but I would take that if it meant wins and Fields ascending. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I was a fan of his and Daboll. Granted, McDaniels has an arrogance and such a punchable face that i may not be able to watch a post game interview but I would take that if it meant wins and Fields ascending. 

I was on Daboll or McD too. But FWIW Fields talked earlier this offseason about liking that the guy fully in charge of the offense is in ALL of his meetings as opposed to how it was with Nagy. That wouldn’t be the case had we hired a HC who calls plays.