2022 Around league

dll2000

So TE failed to chip Parsons, McGlinchey has to chase Parsons to keep him from getting a free shot, meets him but puts all his leverage and momentum forward, making it possibly the easiest off balance shed of Parsons’ career. I haven’t watched him enough to know if he’s a miserable pass blocker overall in the nfl but this play in itself shouldn’t disqualify a look. 

I would like to mention Jarrett Patterson has never given up a sack at C/LG at ND. If he slipped into the 4th round somehow (short arms?) we might not even have to start Mustipher next year 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Tony Pollard went down with a fractured left fibula requiring surgery. He was an exciting FA, maybe less so now.

Fibula fracture is about a 3-month injury, assuming no complications. He’ll almost surely be fine long before OTAs. DAL can save $10.9M by making Zeke a post-6/1 cut. Last year’s RB franchise tag was $9.570M. Of all the top potential UFA RBs he’s probably the one least likely to actually make it to the market. Saquon is probably right there with him, though the Giants have to figure out what they’re going to do at QB first.

One potential candidate I could see us considering at RB is Aaron Jones. He’s got a $20M cap hit in 2023 and GB saves $16M if they designate him a post-6/1 cut. They’re currently $14M over the cap per Spotrac and they have Dillon to step up into the #1 role there (they’ve basically split carries 50/50 the past 2 years anyway), making Jones seem like an obvious cut candidate. He’s always been strong in the passing game, and remains a highly effective committee back. It doesn’t get the fanfare it probably deserves because of who else is on that team, but he’s averaged 5.1 ypc for his career across 1035 rushes. That’s crazy good. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Ya that was bad. I know McGlinchey is a FA this offseason but I don't know if he would even be much of an upgrade over what we have 

I mean I think he would still be a big upgrade, everyone gets whooped in the NFL. But damn, that was shade of Mack tossing Wirfs. Awesome play. lol

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I mean I think he would still be a big upgrade, everyone gets whooped in the NFL. But damn, that was shade of Mack tossing Wirfs. Awesome play. lol

I mean I’d take Wirfs too… 🤷‍♂️

You’re right on though that everyone has reps where they get beaten badly at this level.

(Brady open field juke of Urlacher flashes through my mind causing an intense shudder…)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I mean I’d take Wirfs too… 🤷‍♂️

You’re right on though that everyone has reps where they get beaten badly at this level.

(Brady open field juke of Urlacher flashes through my mind causing an intense shudder…)

I think out of basic human decency we can take them both and prevent their own teams from suffering with them.

Also GOATs can headbutt hard AF. Urlacher simply pulled a Dieon Sanders "business decision" there. lol

Possibly my favorite example is Shawne Merriman getting blown up by Mighty Mouse himself.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Stupid game pass gave me winner of Cowboys 9ers before I watched game by showing next weeks game match ups as soon as game was over.  

That was my favorite part of it last year. Making it the entire way through my Sunday shift at work somehow dodging spoilers like Catherine Zeta Jones beneath lasers just to click gamepass and it asking if I want to rewatch Dolphins 13, Bears 20

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

That was my favorite part of it last year. Making it the entire way through my Sunday shift at work somehow dodging spoilers like Catherine Zeta Jones beneath lasers just to click gamepass and it asking if I want to rewatch Dolphins 13, Bears 20

That's me all day every Sunday.  No twitter.  No forum.  No looking at podcasts (because titles).

I have to wait until 3:30 to watch games usually. 

On plus side later in day or next day games will be in condensed view and you can watch a full game in under 40 minutes.

Lets you see a lot more of the league playing.

Funny that the product was much better many years ago when it came out then now.   They had editing tools and play descriptions.  It was awesome.  

I don't know how you make something worse year after year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chisoxguy7 said:

I still don't think he gets out of Dallas, for what it's worth.

$16m tied to Zeke, $5m in cap space. If he stays, it won’t be for anywhere near what he’s worth 

We have a Fire Recast DVR, and I've got my kids trained for days we come home most of the way through the game.  One blocks the score at the bottom of the screen, the other rewinds to the start of the game.  They also think it's hilarious to make **** up about the game while I'm looking the other way.  

"Dad, who's that player you like again, number 9?"

"Brisker?"

"Oh, sorry then"

"wha.. no, is he hurt?"

"Pretty bad. Dinosaur got him, ate him up. It's bad"

• Like 2

11 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Fibula fracture is about a 3-month injury, assuming no complications. He’ll almost surely be fine long before OTAs. DAL can save $10.9M by making Zeke a post-6/1 cut. Last year’s RB franchise tag was $9.570M. Of all the top potential UFA RBs he’s probably the one least likely to actually make it to the market. Saquon is probably right there with him, though the Giants have to figure out what they’re going to do at QB first.

One potential candidate I could see us considering at RB is Aaron Jones. He’s got a $20M cap hit in 2023 and GB saves $16M if they designate him a post-6/1 cut. They’re currently $14M over the cap per Spotrac and they have Dillon to step up into the #1 role there (they’ve basically split carries 50/50 the past 2 years anyway), making Jones seem like an obvious cut candidate. He’s always been strong in the passing game, and remains a highly effective committee back. It doesn’t get the fanfare it probably deserves because of who else is on that team, but he’s averaged 5.1 ypc for his career across 1035 rushes. That’s crazy good. 

This part here is why i was surprised they managed to get a contract in for Jenkins. thought for sure he was gonna hit FA

19 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

This part here is why i was surprised they managed to get a contract in for Jenkins. thought for sure he was gonna hit FA

To me it seems like they made the choice there of Jenkins over Jones (the right choice IMO). Gonna take a whole other level of financial gymnastics for them to add in FA this year though from the way it looks since my understanding is they can’t restructure Rodgers’ deal this year for cap space (don’t know the specifics or even if that’s right - just remember seeing it somewhere).