2022 Around league

dll2000

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Why BUF has had such a "bleh" OL for this long is baffling to me. 

C’mon now they do have RYAN BATES…

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

But we saw Mahomes get his *** beat in the Super Bowl and what did they do? Invested heavily in OL.

Exactly. And after watching Fields get his *** best all season long we need to do the same. FA or draft - I don’t care. But it’s gotta happen. Nothing else will ever reach its potential if we can’t protect Fields in the pocket consistently. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

C’mon now they do have RYAN BATES…

Thank God we didn't get him. Otherwise Jenkins would have been traded. 

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Exactly. And after watching Fields get his *** best all season long we need to do the same. FA or draft - I don’t care. But it’s gotta happen. Nothing else will ever reach its potential if we can’t protect Fields in the pocket consistently. 

100%. I've been a broken record that you need to draft one OL in the first 4 rounds basically every year and stand by it. If you can develop lineman worth a damn you will have to replace some every few years and there's no way to hit every time. OL NEEDS to get stacked. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

100%. I've been a broken record that you need to draft one OL in the first 4 rounds basically every year and stand by it. If you can develop lineman worth a damn you will have to replace some every few years and there's no way to hit every time. OL NEEDS to get stacked. 

Hence my proposal to go heavy FA on the OL this year in my mock off-season posted a few days back. More than anything it’s to catch the line up with competent, stable bodies and then implement basically what you’re suggesting here to keep talented OL always in waiting. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Thank God we didn't get him. Otherwise Jenkins would have been traded. 

I didn’t even think of that. 

25 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

It's bizarre to look back at and think it was even a possibility, but I fully believe it. 🤮

Sometimes you get lucky.   Though if Jenkins has a bad back/neck problems going forward that would be unfortunate.

Still glad we have him.   He is flat dominate at times which is rare at NFL level.   

A neutralizing stalemate block is a good block.   He is actually moving and at times pancaking people.

25 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Unless they trade for Rodgers…all the best with that one 😂

If Jets trade anything higher than a 3rd for Rodgers they are fools.  I tried to warn them.  Their fans anyway.

This is a 39 year old Rodgers coming off a terrible season.

You are probably getting him for 1 year and that year is unlikely to result in anything more than a wildcard win at best followed by picking toward end of first round again.

Plus NY Media will hate him quickly and he has no good will built up in NY like he does winning a SB in GB to deflect it.  Has soon as he goes on a mini-losing streak it will be nasty.  

Madness to make this move.  Makes even less sense than trading for Favre at end of his career.  And that is best result they can hope for.

19 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Panthers hired Frank Reich as HC.

Really thought they would stick with Steve Wilks there

This puts them squarely in the Franchise QB market, which is more likely through the Draft (or maybe Derek Carr) unless he wants to try the Carson Wentz route again, although I cant imagine a New HC would want to do that.

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Really thought they would stick with Steve Wilks there

This puts them squarely in the Franchise QB market, which is more likely through the Draft (or maybe Derek Carr) unless he wants to try the Carson Wentz route again, although I cant imagine a New HC would want to do that.

He's the first head coach in Panthers history to be hired with an offensive background. I guess 7 out of the 9 candidates they interviewed were offensive guys, with this ultimately being the deciding factor over Wilks.

• Like 2