2022 Around league

dll2000

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

Almost as stupid was Hurts keeping it on the RPO near the goal line and Philly's 9th string TE barely touching Bosa

One day Bosa will be a name coaches will recognize. He's just an unknown at the moment, so it's understandable. 

Also didn't the TE dodge Bosa? Bizarre. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Watching Hurts honestly makes me both laugh & cry at times...laugh at the people who think Fields is not a more natural thrower than Hurts & cry at the fact all that talent around Hurts would make Fields a top 8 QB from day one.

Could have had a Shanahan system installed with certain HCs to be super friendly to Fields' strengths or had Daboll who worked to develop Allen to an elite QB. But we at least got Das Flubby. 

Even if he ends up being a pretty good HC I still feel like that was a weak hiring. 

6 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Could have had a Shanahan system installed with certain HCs to be super friendly to Fields' strengths or had Daboll who worked to develop Allen to an elite QB. But we at least got Das Flubby. 

Even if he ends up being a pretty good HC I still feel like that was a weak hiring. 

I disagree...I think Sirianni is such a great example of why having a great scheme doesn't make you a great OC...he had a great scheme but when he was calling plays he was in no way shape or form a great HC...it was only when he handed it off and could focus on being that CEO type of HC he really has excelled (Daboll figured this out as well on the offensive side)...as Nate Tice pointed out on the athletic it has given Philly a massive competitive advantage...I believe Flus can be that for us...we have already seen some figures that show his in game decision making was amongst the best in the league last season...get him some real talent and I think the hire will look significantly better.

Wasn't the warm up we were hoping for but I think it was always going to be the Eagles advancing with or without Purdy...

This Chiefs vs. Bengals game is the main event and should be awesome...think it will be the Bengals...would be good for us since if the Bengals do go to the Superbowl and win it Joe Burrow's price goes up and with that contract they will probably need to pay him this offseason and move Tee Higgins who we should 100% be interested in.

24 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I disagree...I think Sirianni is such a great example of why having a great scheme doesn't make you a great OC...he had a great scheme but when he was calling plays he was in no way shape or form a great HC...it was only when he handed it off and could focus on being that CEO type of HC he really has excelled (Daboll figured this out as well on the offensive side)...as Nate Tice pointed out on the athletic it has given Philly a massive competitive advantage...I believe Flus can be that for us...we have already seen some figures that show his in game decision making was amongst the best in the league last season...get him some real talent and I think the hire will look significantly better.

And if their OCs get jobs elsewhere they can keep the same system for their offense and QB more easily. They can more easily help develop their own system like McVay, Reid, etc have.  Hiring a defensive HC just seems dumb to me. It is an offensive league, rules are catered to the offenses and there is a reason that offensive HCs were the majority of playoff coaches. There are more defensive minded coaches that are "qualified" to be HCs but aren't. Get one of them to run the defense. Pace had the right formula, he just botched the QB pick and hired a Reid-puppet who couldn't even handle one side of the ball.

You can be the CEO type HC and be offensive minded (as you mentioned Daboll). If a coach, regardless of offense, defense or special teams focused, can't install discipline and be detailed oriented then they're going to fail. 

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

And if their OCs get jobs elsewhere they can keep the same system for their offense and QB more easily. They can more easily help develop their own system like McVay, Reid, etc have.  Hiring a defensive HC just seems dumb to me. It is an offensive league, rules are catered to the offenses and there is a reason that offensive HCs were the majority of playoff coaches. There are more defensive minded coaches that are "qualified" to be HCs but aren't. Get one of them to run the defense. Pace had the right formula, he just botched the QB pick and hired a Reid-puppet who couldn't even handle one side of the ball.

You can be the CEO type HC and be offensive minded (as you mentioned Daboll). If a coach, regardless of offense, defense or special teams focused, can't install discipline and be detailed oriented then they're going to fail. 

I think there are many routes to winning in the league and how to have a consistent scheme on both sides of the ball...Belichick for years had the same offence in NE even with a constant rotation of OCs...just took it a step too far this season having a defensive guy in charge of his offence...while I agree it is easier to continue the offensive scheme with an offensive HC I still believe it can be done pretty easily in the NFL these days simply because of how many teams run our scheme in one way or another...

For me you get the best HC you can and build from there regardless of if that is offence, defence or teams.

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

This is a big surprise...bad move for Dallas IMO.

Not really. They are so predictable on offense and when McCarthy didn't shoot down the idea earlier in the week the writing was on the wall

48 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Wasn't the warm up we were hoping for but I think it was always going to be the Eagles advancing with or without Purdy...

This Chiefs vs. Bengals game is the main event and should be awesome...think it will be the Bengals...would be good for us since if the Bengals do go to the Superbowl and win it Joe Burrow's price goes up and with that contract they will probably need to pay him this offseason and move Tee Higgins who we should 100% be interested in.

Burrow is getting a monster deal regardless

Just now, beardown3231 said:

Not really. They are so predictable on offense and when McCarthy didn't shoot down the idea earlier in the week the writing was on the wall

Burrow is getting a monster deal regardless

The offence was predictable because they tried to feed Lamb so much...was still effective though...

An no doubt Burrows is getting a huge deal but the bigger the better.

The adage to not sign Chiefs FA's because there's a reason Reid lets them go is my biggest concern about Poles. Everyone said he found good players in the mid and late rounds in KC, but was that him or Veach and Reid? You can never count on the 6th and 7th rounds but the Chiefs found 2 bonafide starters there *again* without Poles and Poles drafted a bunch of scrubs