2022 Around league

dll2000

19 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Nah, Lance wants out of there real bad. 

Seems like the perfect spot for one of the Old Man QBs

I'm hearing that more and more. And the name I hear they still want is Rodgers.  That would be interesting. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Nah, Lance wants out of there real bad. 

Seems like the perfect spot for one of the Old Man QBs

I think we have seen evidence there is no better place in league than being a QB for 2022 49ers under Shanahan.  Maybe Philadelphia.  Purdy and JG did fine.

Captain Lance just couldn’t hack it.  By attrition he may get another shot.  Right now he is on a bust path.  

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Captain Lance just couldn’t hack it.  By attrition he may get another shot.  Right now he is on a bust path.  

Ive been on that since the Pre-draft, guy has made less in game throws in the past like 6 years than some NFL QBs had this year.

Actually I looked it up, since 2017 (Junior year of high school) he has had 528 live game pass attempts... Thats it. 10 QBs had more passes just this season.

14 hours ago, RTD said:

I'm hearing that more and more. And the name I hear they still want is Rodgers.  That would be interesting. 

I think that they would like Rodgers, but they are pretty cash strapped now with CMC. (plus it seems the Jets are desperate for him)

To me, Tom "retires" for a minute again, maybe even into the season this time. But the minute that its clear Purdy is Mr. Irrelevant for a reason, they will be on the horn with Brady. And if he can start his season in October, he will be so fresh for the playoffs. I can just see it all happening.

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Ive been on that since the Pre-draft, guy has made less in game throws in the past like 6 years than some NFL QBs had this year.

Actually I looked it up, since 2017 (Junior year of high school) he has had 528 live game pass attempts... Thats it. 10 QBs had more passes just this season.

I think that they would like Rodgers, but they are pretty cash strapped now with CMC. (plus it seems the Jets are desperate for him)

To me, Tom "retires" for a minute again, maybe even into the season this time. But the minute that its clear Purdy is Mr. Irrelevant for a reason, they will be on the horn with Brady. And if he can start his season in October, he will be so fresh for the playoffs. I can just see it all happening.

That was Parcels big thing for QBs back in day.  He wanted only guys with lots of college starts.   

I think there is something to a guy with small sample of college starts being a large bust risk in NFL (as very early picks).  Can think of many examples, Trubisky and Lance being latest.   It isn't absolute, but seems to be a correlation that heightens risk.  

Raiders may take Tom since they have coach connection and Tom doesn't need to study there.  It would be more comfortable for him.  He had to learn a lot going to Tampa.  Not sure he wants to do that again.  

But, I think Tom is getting a bit old and maybe he should just hang it up.  He could be a bridge QB in Las Vegas.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

LMAO tyler huntley just got named to the pro bowl as a replacement. dude started four (4!) games all season

i think youre going to see more and more teams remove pro bowl incentives from contracts

Some of pro bowl selections are stupid.   Maybe need to fix who is voting on it.  

I think fewer guys will skip pro bowl in future after guys see the new format.  Playing a game was always stupid.  Too much injury risk to try hard.  

Though some of events this year sound boring.  

NFL should have gone to solely just fun games a long time ago. 

I expect it to expand in future like the old celebrity Olympic style funny games networks used to do in 70s. 

You want fun games with relatively low big injury risk.

Here is what I would do(off top of my head).    Olympic team competition events pick guys to compete in each event for team:

1) 60 meter sprint race and 40 meter sprint heavyweight edition - you have to weigh over 260.   

2) Bench Press. 

3) Dead lift.

4) QB accuracy competition.

5) Tire Flip race.

6)  Then a silly off sport event for fun.  Like Ping Pong or Ice Hockey or a rowing race or a round of best ball Golf or 3 point shot - or some combination.

I would totally watch all of that.

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Some of pro bowl selections are stupid.   Maybe need to fix who is voting on it.  

I think fewer guys will skip pro bowl in future after guys see the new format.  Playing a game was always stupid.  Too much injury risk to try hard.  

Though some of events this year sound boring.  

NFL should have gone to solely just fun games a long time ago. 

I expect it to expand in future like the old celebrity Olympic style funny games networks used to do in 70s. 

You want fun games with relatively low big injury risk.

Here is what I would do(off top of my head).    Olympic team competition events pick guys to compete in each event for team:

1) 60 meter sprint race and 40 meter sprint heavyweight edition - you have to weigh over 260.   

2) Bench Press. 

3) Dead lift.

4) QB accuracy competition.

5) Tire Flip race.

6)  Then a silly off sport event for fun.  Like Ping Pong or Ice Hockey or a rowing race or a round of best ball Golf or 3 point shot - or some combination.

I would totally watch all of that.

they just need to move it back to hawaii instead of trying to make it a money grab by putting it in FL or LV

15 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

they just need to move it back to hawaii instead of trying to make it a money grab by putting it in FL or LV

If you were a team owner you would want it to be a money grab.

They only put it in Hawaii to help get players to show up since nobody wanted to go.

It can be fun if they do it right.