Tales from the Eagle-verse

Kiltman

11 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I did read the article. Trevon Diggs is a cowboy so he's on it. He lucked into like half of those ints maybe more. Other than the ints he was not good.

Don’t get me wrong I think Diggs season last year is overrated by the media and especially Cowboys fans. But, PFF is lower on him than probably any other big publication. If you look at Football Outsiders, Pro Football Reference and PFF. PFF clearly has him with the most yards allowed in coverage with over 1,000. I think PFR is at 907 and Football Outsiders Edd something like in the 940s if I remember correctly. If you look at the grade they gave him for this season it was a 59.6, meanwhile Slay had a 81.3, Maddox 72.8 and Nelson 62.3, so  if anything I think them having him barely crack the top 25 says a lot and they might’ve only included him cause of the backlash they would’ve got on social media had they not.

Its a shame Slay didn’t win All Pro along with Ramsey.

7 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Don’t get me wrong I think Diggs season last year is overrated by the media and especially Cowboys fans. But, PFF is lower on him than probably any other big publication. If you look at Football Outsiders, Pro Football Reference and PFF. PFF clearly has him with the most yards allowed in coverage with over 1,000. I think PFR is at 907 and Football Outsiders Edd something like in the 940s if I remember correctly. If you look at the grade they gave him for this season it was a 59.6, meanwhile Slay had a 81.3, Maddox 72.8 and Nelson 62.3, so  if anything I think them having him barely crack the top 25 says a lot and they might’ve only included him cause of the backlash they would’ve got on social media had they not.

I mean it is hard to deny 11 interceptions so I get the praise he receives. But by that same token, interceptions are in large part a "right place right time" statistic. Which a lot of his were. And the ones that weren't felt like route jumping, which it feels like any starting caliber corner could do if he had no regard for being beat deep.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

AJ Terrell should have been in over diggs too. Diggs had no business being all pro.

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Flash plays! INT are like Sacks, overrated. The more you have the better you supposedly are. Never mind the rest. 👍

Haha, this would be like Jason Babin getting DPOY back in the day. Diggs did not deserve all-pro. 

Just found this guys channel the other week and the last video which he released yesterday is speaking truth to power. He likes the Eagles a lot as a dark horse and also the Saints… which I’m sure people here won’t like or agree with, but I’m with him there in that the Saints are a probable playoff team this year to me. I don’t get some of the downplaying of them as a team by you guys other than the fact you want them to be bad, so we get a high pick.

Edit: Oh and in the Dean video from back in February he had the Eagles as his team fit. 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2022 at 12:48 AM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Just found this guys channel the other week and the last video which he released yesterday is speaking truth to power. He likes the Eagles a lot as a dark horse and also the Saints… which I’m sure people here won’t like or agree with, but I’m with him there in that the Saints are a probable playoff team this year to me. I don’t get some of the downplaying of them as a team by you guys other than the fact you want them to be bad, so we get a high pick.

Edit: Oh and in the Dean video from back in February he had the Eagles as his team fit. 

I definitely think the Saints could easily make the playoffs this year and potentially make a run. They have good players all over the depth chart. However, I still think it was a little bold to trade a future first while also introducing a new head coach though. Also, Winston is coming off an injury and I think they will be starting a rookie LT. I think in all likelihood the Saints are at least a wildcard team but there is a non negligible chance things could go wrong. 

29 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

I definitely think the Saints could easily make the playoffs this year and potentially make a run. They have good players all over the depth chart. However, I still think it was a little bold to trade a future first while also introducing a new head coach though. Also, Winston is coming off an injury and I think they will be starting a rookie LT. I think in all likelihood the Saints are at least a wildcard team but there is a non negligible chance things could go wrong. 

Agreed with everything there. They had the #1 defense last year in DVOA and they lost Marcus Williams, but brought in Tyrann Mathieu and Marcus Maye at safety to make up for it. I just don’t see them taking a much of a step back defensively. Like what will they maybe be a top 3-5 defense instead of the top defense? We can say what we want about Winston, but he’s definitely better than the QBs they trotted out there after he got hurt like Trevor Siemian and Taysom Hill… really? Their WR corps were awful last year with Michael Thomas out. It was like Marquez Callaway, Tre’Quan Smith, Deonte Harris and Lil’Jordan Humphrey. That’s awful. Now it will be Michael Thomas, Chris Olave, and Jarvis Landry. I think Olave fits really well as a deep threat with Winston who loves to chuck it. Kamara also missed a decent chunk of the year too. Running backs are always susceptible to injuries so not saying he does play the full year, but that would help too. I think our best hope is they start slow with a fairly easy beginning to their schedule and get a bunch of injuries and end up faltering in the second half. If they stay relatively healthy I think they’ll be a good bet to claim one of the wildcard spots along with us or the Cowboys. Then maybe one of the non-Rams NFC West teams or the Vikings get the third wildcard spot. The NFC just isn’t that strong.

If I was a Saints fan I would’ve HATED all they gave up just to get Olave though.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 2

Eagles rented out a bowling alley.

I remember seeing photos of the TVs with the scores from players a couple days ago and one of them had Howie on it and I was like “Howie is out bowling with the boys??” His score was pretty meh like in the 140s. Maddox was in the 180s and I think BG was around there too. The highest score I saw was Jake Elliott with like a 219 and you can see from that video he knows what he’s doing. I forgot where I read it, but there was something about Jake being great at just about everything.