Sam Koch retires

diamondbull424

Listening to this 45 minute video, about halfway through.

- Sounds like Koch will be hired on as an assistant special teams coach based off some of his verbiage. (Confirmed. He’ll be ST consultant)

- Koch mentions how the goal of our unit is to eliminate returns and not just produce the longest punts. I particularly find that interesting because that was why Jordan Stout was considered as highly rated as he was and particularly what Matt Araiza struggled in doing.

-Awesome speech, Koch is a funny dude.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

Great career. Great speech and an all around great dude. Wish Sam the best in his coaching career; hopefully he can help mold Stout into the next great specials teams player in franchise history.

Still remember at the start of his career not knowing if his last name was pronounced the way it actually is, i.e. cook, cotch or another more dirty variation....lol

Man, time flies. 16 years. Wow.

• Like 1

What a career. One of, if not the greatest punter to ever play the game. Just seemed like a genuine and well liked dude. Glad he's staying in an advisory capacity. 

Listening to his speech and seeing all of his teammates and former coaches tributes, it was pretty emotional. 

I'm not much of a cry guy but I shed a few during the speech. You really forget how much these guys put into it and how long you've been watching them.

Wish Sam the best and thank you the infinite memories and absolute bombs. 

• Like 2

The Ravens really do those farewell videos well

latest?cb=20170123140310

He had a great career and outlasted every other player in his draft class - glad he'll be staying on in some capacity to pass on his wisdom to Stout who will hopefully follow in Koch's footsteps

• Like 1