Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 24 - Taco Bowl XXIV POSTED!)

12 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

as long as he doesn't draft Odafe Oweh with it

I love my Oweh. I think he's going to be a stud, and fits what I'm trying to do for my EDGE rotation. Hutchinson is another piece, along with Hendrickson and Simmons. And none of them will ever cost more than 2 tags.

13 minutes ago, swoosh said:

They're fine players, but not anywhere worthy of 1.1 IMO. There's an opportunity cost with those 6 tags. Josh would have been better off keeping 1.1, trading those 6 tags, and still drafting Robinson and Ogbah if he wanted them.

There were picks involved in the deal as well. He essentially traded down from 1.1 to 3.5 and added an elite WR, a solid EDGE with upside and a future 4th.

3 minutes ago, swoosh said:

Jones would look mighty sexy on @Tk3's squad. Lamar, Jones, Diggs, and Allen. And a pair of extra tags to make it work from that standpoint. 

Or @El Ramster who has a good defense but lacks the offensive firepower to be a contender. Now is the time before Deshaun decides he needs another massage. 

4 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

There were picks involved in the deal as well. He essentially traded down from 1.1 to 3.5 and added an elite WR, a solid EDGE with upside and a future 4th.

4 tags could've netted at least a 2nd. So the trade is more like this:

Allen Robinson, Emmanuel Ogbah, 3.5, and S25 4th Round Pick for 1.1 and S24 2nd. 

S25 4th is value as a S24 5th. I think that pick paired with 3.5 wash out the S24 2nd. That's a pretty fair trade up. 

That leaves Robinson and Ogbah for 1.1. I'm just not seeing that as good value for Josh, even if he loves Robinson and Ogbah more than most. 

Edited by swoosh
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, swoosh said:

4 tags could've netted at least a 2nd. So the trade is more like this:

Allen Robinson, Emmanuel Ogbah, 3.5, and S25 4th Round Pick for 1.1 and S24 2nd. 

S25 4th is value as a S24 5th. I think that pick paired with 3.5 wash out the S24 2nd. That's a pretty fair trade up. 

That leaves Robinson and Ogbah for 1.1. I'm just not seeing that as good value for Josh, even if he loves Robinson and Ogbah more than most. 

This isn't an unreasonable breakdown. He landed an elite WR and a solid EDGE for 1.1. If he has the tags on-hand to spend on those players, it makes a lot of sense, as there's no guarantee that you'd be able to trade down and still get Robinson.

I think that speaks to the deal being pretty balanced.

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Picks 1-4 should all be rookies, imo.

I believe Hutch, Thibs, Walker will go 1-3 then I go Sauce or Stingley at 1.4 to pair with my group of PS2, Jaylon Johnson, Stokes, Asante Samuel Jr. two will play safety and I’ll see who starts at the corner spots. Fun times. 

• Like 1

Just now, Scoundrel said:

I believe Hutch, Thibs, Walker will go 1-3 then I go Sauce or Stingley at 1.4 to pair with my group of PS2, Jaylon Johnson, Stokes, Asante Samuel Jr. two will play safety and I’ll see who starts at the corner spots. Fun times. 

That'd be ideal.

• Like 1