Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 24 - Taco Bowl XXIV POSTED!)

Just now, RTTRUTH said:

Last question (probably).

How do you all feel about the SIM? PM me if you feel safer lol

It's fair. Understanding it is key. For example: the minimum run chance setting is 30 (default is 45) which means, even if you want to pass the ball 100% of the time, the sim won't do it. It's a good thing, really, as it forces each owner to build a full team and exposes weaknesses on the roster.

Nacho is also willing to take feedback and make changes when changes are needed, which I greatly appreciate.

One thing that impresses me about it: the games are tense. Like, really tense. You start to think about tweaking every layer of the roster to try and find an advantage to pull off that narrow win. (Doing too much isn't a good thing, either.)

There are a lot of layers to it all, and a bunch of past seasons to reference for more information. It's a great experience.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

It's fair. Understanding it is key. For example: the minimum run chance setting is 30 (default is 45) which means, even if you want to pass the ball 100% of the time, the sim won't do it. It's a good thing, really, as it forces each owner to build a full team and exposes weaknesses on the roster.

Nacho is also willing to take feedback and make changes when changes are needed, which I greatly appreciate.

One thing that impresses me about it: the games are tense. Like, really tense. You start to think about tweaking every layer of the roster to try and find an advantage to pull off that narrow win. (Doing too much isn't a good thing, either.)

There are a lot of layers to it all, and a bunch of past seasons to reference for more information. It's a great experience.

Cool. Official last question; if I decided to join, how good/bad is my situation (draft picks and roster)?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Last question (probably).

How do you all feel about the SIM? PM me if you feel safer lol

I think it's about 90% perfect. Which is better than most. It's based on coding, so it can't be without fault. But it's excellent FAR more often than not.

Honestly, the only bitching happens when you lose. lol

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

Cool. Official last question; if I decided to join, how good/bad is my situation (draft picks and roster)?

A good set of keepers would be:

4 Matt Ryan

3 Michael Thomas

2 Corey Linsley

3 Bradley Chubb

3 Darius Slay

2 Harrison Smith

2 Tyrann Mathieu

With a tag to sell, or use on a practice squad guy in Tyson Alualu.

That's a good QB/WR duo and a helluva secondary. With other guys that would be drafted in the first couple rounds.

Draft picks-wise, you've got everything for the first 13 rounds. Which is about as good as you can do.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

4 Matt Ryan

3 Michael Thomas

2 Corey Linsley

3 Bradley Chubb

3 Darius Slay

2 Harrison Smith

2 Tyrann Mathieu

That's a good QB/WR duo and a helluva secondary. With other guys that would be drafted in the first couple rounds.

Draft picks-wise, you've got everything for the first 13 rounds. Which is about as good as you can do.

And you’d pick 7th each round 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

4 Matt Ryan

3 Michael Thomas

2 Corey Linsley

3 Bradley Chubb

3 Darius Slay

2 Harrison Smith

2 Tyrann Mathieu

It's important to note that demand is key. If I were taking over that team, I'd let Ryan walk and either look for players to get for cheap and keep, or sell the tags completely. Most teams do not need average QBs, so I doubt Ryan would have a market (and be worth 4 tags to keep).

Stuff like that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

It's important to note that demand is key. If I were taking over that team, I'd let Ryan walk and either look for players to get for cheap and keep, or sell the tags completely. Most teams do not need average QBs, so I doubt Ryan would have a market (and be worth 4 tags to keep).

Stuff like that.

I dunno about "average."

Matt Ryan [15 GS]: 294/447 (65.77%, 97.33 Rating) for 3,398 yards, 23 touchdowns, 9 interceptions. 25 carries for 46 yards (1.84 YPC, 9 LNG), 0 touchdowns, 1 fumble.

That was with a mostly inactive owner and zero offense around him. Matty Ice has been to a whole mess of Taco Bowls. And has one more shot in the NFL of remaining a viable option in the NSFL.

It's gonna be pretty difficult to improve on those numbers in the draft. And I don't see four tags worth of other keepers on the roster. It's tough to win without a QB. Just ask the guys openly begging for upgrades in the thread.

5 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I dunno about "average."

Matt Ryan [15 GS]: 294/447 (65.77%, 97.33 Rating) for 3,398 yards, 23 touchdowns, 9 interceptions. 25 carries for 46 yards (1.84 YPC, 9 LNG), 0 touchdowns, 1 fumble.

That was with a mostly inactive owner and zero offense around him. Matty Ice has been to a whole mess of Taco Bowls. And has one more shot in the NFL of remaining a viable option in the NSFL.

It's gonna be pretty difficult to improve on those numbers in the draft. And I don't see four tags worth of other keepers on the roster. It's tough to win without a QB. Just ask the guys openly begging for upgrades in the thread.

And I got him in, what, the 12th round last draft? I like sim Ryan, but there isn't a demand for him, and I don't think he's worth 4 tags. I'd much rather trade those for draft capital, to be honest.

7 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

And I got him in, what, the 12th round last draft? I like sim Ryan, but there isn't a demand for him, and I don't think he's worth 4 tags. I'd much rather trade those for draft capital, to be honest.

That was before his sim vialibility was proven.

Didn't Tua go like top five last draft?

It just takes one person to snipe the best option you have. And in this case, there's a big drop off after that.