Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 24 - Taco Bowl XXIV POSTED!)

2 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

“Players count as the position they spent the majority of the previous regular season as. In the event of a tie, the higher value is used. For example, if one has QB Matthew Stafford and started him for 7 games and had him on their practice squad for 9 games, he can be retained with a single Tag instead of 4.”

We should update rules. Because your rule is an unwritten rule. Rules state majority of the previous season. Unless rules are missing, then I’ll retract this. It’s not written in stone that players should cost extra tags for multiple seasons… or such a rule that their tag value resets in the draft 

It states it in the asterisk explaining PS eligibility but you're right it should really be moved to that section.

2 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

“Players count as the position they spent the majority of the previous regular season as. In the event of a tie, the higher value is used. For example, if one has QB Matthew Stafford and started him for 7 games and had him on their practice squad for 9 games, he can be retained with a single Tag instead of 4.”

We should update rules. Because your rule is an unwritten rule. Rules state majority of the previous season. Unless rules are missing, then I’ll retract this. It’s not written in stone that players should cost extra tags for multiple seasons… or such a rule that their tag value resets in the draft 

It's not my rule - I'm new here - and it's not unwritten:

*Rookies are considered any player who was a rookie in their last NFL season. PS players are considered any player who started in seven or less games the previous NSFL season. Only up to two PS or rookie keepers can be players who played in a game the previous NSFL season. Other PS or rookie players who played a game in the previous season will be charged by their positional price, at the position they spent the most time in during the season. In addition, players who are kept as a non-PS and non-rookie keeper the previous year are not eligible, and cost a minimum of what they cost the year before.

QB: Russell Wilson (SEA)
RB: Jonathan Taylor (IND), Aaron Jones (GB)
FB: Patrick Ricard (BAL)
TE: Mike Gesicki (MIA)
WR: Julio Jones (TEN), D.K. Metcalf (SEA)
OT: Ryan Ramczyk (NO), Terron Armstead (NO)
OG: Joe Thuney (KC)
C; Jason Kelce (PHI)
DE: Demarcus Lawrence (DAL)
DT: Stephon Tuitt (PIT)
CB: Stephon Gilmore (CAR), Adoree Jackson (NYG)
SS: John Johnson (CLE)
FS: Jevon Holland (MIA)
K: Nick Folk (NE)
P: Johnny Hekker (LAR)
HC: Bill Belichick (NE)
OC: Andy Reid (KC)

21/21 tags used

Edited by swoosh
Didn't mean to keep my LBs. Bums.

1 minute ago, Daboyle said:

What kinda lunacy are you going for @TheKillerNacho

Yeah, I only know about the rule because I inherited Kittle when I came into the league. I traded him to Ruskie, who used his 3 tag status as leverage during the trade talks, pointing out that he'd have to keep Kittle at 3 tags forever or let him walk.

I like it... it really makes you think about positional value and tag costs. It's why I do a lot of movement with my players and their positions: I'll only ever keep both Pitts and Waller at 2 tags each.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I actually purposefully avoided enforcing this rule unless I feel someone intentionally abused the system but some rulesharks end up digging up the violations and I can't exactly turn a blind eye to it, then.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:
  Hide contents

I actually purposefully avoided enforcing this rule unless I feel someone intentionally abused the system but some rulesharks end up digging up the violations and I can't exactly turn a blind eye to it, then.

But wouldn’t let me play Fields when I drafted him at FB smh

Just now, ravens5520 said:

Feel it’s not right unless I move forward with Bill as my HC. Would only be fitting for my scams I have planned for S24 😈

This is how I know coaches aren't worth crap in this league. No way Bill would've been outscammed in the Taco Bowl. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Couldn't it be easy to just put an asterisk (or another symbol) next to a player with an inflated tag cost for their position? Or modify the rule, or just get rid of it entirely? I'm making decisions for the specific purpose of saving tags, but it sounds like that wasn't necessary.

11 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I put the rule in place so people couldnt just say "hey, I had a rough start to the season so I'll just put my QB at FB to save three tags hurr durrrrrrr"

I'm not suggesting a rule change before this season, but perhaps a proposal moving forward would be, if a player spends a X time - perhaps a full year aka two NSFL seasons - at X position, they then revert to that cost?

Teams would have to commit 32 games in that position to be eligible for a keeper cost decrease. It likely wouldn't impact many players besides the few TEs who had WR costs and the 3-4, 4-3 DE scenario. But, I can't really propose this myself given that I have a biased interest. And ultimately, I don't think this issue comes up for more than a handful of players over the years - it just stinks when one owner makes a bad decision that it becomes 'permanent' until reset. I did have to weigh the long-term cost of 3 tags in Kittle, and ultimately decided that it was worth it for me.

Edited by RuskieTitan